Rajnikant
the-thunderer

Demonetization is a masterstroke on the part of Indian Government

Rajnikant has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Rajnikant

Con

Many Indians are lauding this move but I am in contrast to the masses. I feel that demonetization is a faulty move of the Indian Government. This move of banning the old 500 and 1000 Rs. notes has made work quite difficult especially for those who do not have bank accounts. They have nowhere to keep their hard earned income. Moreover the money which people had collected for marriages has all gone in vain. The Government thinks it will help destroy all the black money but the people with all such undocumented income have seeked the help of their fellow mates to put it into their accounts and thus are able to get away easily.
Thus, It is my firm believe that demonetization is a faulty move of the Government of India
the-thunderer

Pro

Well according to me the demonetization is a great work on part of the government . I think this is the best step taken by the government ever . All the black money that had been kept hidden from the government securely in Swiss Bank will all go in vain,thanks to the PM . There had been a steady rise in the number of fake 500 and 1000 rupees note which was almost impossible to trace for the Government . Well this step will help in denying them altogether
Rajnikant

Con

Firstly I would like to thank Pro for accepting this challenge.
My worthy opponent has said that it will help the Government to get rid of black money stored in Swiss banks. I don't understand how this move of banning currency notes will affect the money stored in banks. No one is going to the banks to find out the details of the accounts.
Moreover this move has made the daily wage laborers penniless as their employers don't have enough cash to pay them. This move has brought an end to the small roadside shops as the regular customers are facing shortage of funds in the form of small denominations.
As for the black money holders, they have found ways to escape this moves simply by using new Bank accounts or the accounts of all the people they know . How can one explain that this move will completely wipe out black money from our beloved country.
the-thunderer

Pro

My worthy counterpart you may not know that all the black money notes consist of denominations of Rs.500 or Rs.1000. Therefore the owners of the money know that they either have to discard the money or transform it into a white one by giving the government one time tax of about 50%.Moreover many people will think that giving tax once to convert it into white is a better option than just throwing it away.It will the Government ample money to buy arms and put a stronger force at each borders and frontiers. moreover thhe Government cannot use it for their own purposes because of the ongoing Indo-Pak war.