imsmarterthanyou98
sparrowlefox

Descriptive writing contest

sparrowlefox

imsmarterthanyou98

Pro

Hi this will be a Descriptive writing contest.
Voters will vote on who has the best most descriptive story.

Rules.
1.There are no rules write about anything.
sparrowlefox

Con

Hi, I accept.

GLHF.
imsmarterthanyou98

Pro

Euphoria.

I skedaddled out the book store into the vacated gloomy empty parking lot. I was mesmerized by a philosophical book I just finished on the most profound questions about our existence while contemplating and pondering the deepest of questions I siphoned in this frigid, marvelous essence of artic atmosphere. This majestically exquisite force encompassed me it surrounded me.I exhaled slowly as my breath produces a miniature cloud only to soon diminish away into the brisk night air as it never was there. The icy air whistles around my ears, causing my skin to tingle and sting. Fingers and toes are numb, but it's a good feeling I zipped my jacket and started to walk. Every step I take leaves a fresh, crisp footprint in the snow, as if I am the only person to have ever been here.

Yet meandering through this eerie grim lot in this frigid winter wonderland all the while pondering the deepest of thoughts I attain an unparalleled sense of unfathomable thrilling feeling of awe and wonder as I marvel at the glistening reflection of light on the endless expanse of snow slowly twinkling down from above. For a brief moment all seemed well in this second reality ceased to be for these emotions of bliss swept over me that all was perfect everything was at peace and tranquil with the world. This was euphoria.

sparrowlefox

Con

Winter seeped through me as if I lacked any walls at all. Straight to my bones, it chilled me, and left me breathless. The walk was always the same, uncomfortable, cold, and bare. I don’t know why I always did it, but yet I continue on leaving my footprints. I was walking out to the old abandoned baseball field; it backs up to a pond and eventually the fast moving river of my small town. It can be quite the sight in the summer, but at this time of the year, it is rather bland.

The field itself is rather creepy, with its abandoned dugouts. Inside one of them, there is a pentagram, and some rather vulgar messages about watching people, and pissing on chairs. No matter when you show up there always seems to be fresh prints, but no one around. I believe all five of the dugouts and the storage building has been broken into. Now facing the west is the best part since there is a great outlook over the pond, and it faces the sinking point of our sun. Old chain link fences litter the ground, mostly broken down and left to rust. Once you make your way around those, you are free to the nature. Or, a few naked trees at this time of the year.

Tonight, I did not come for the sunset; I came simply to walk. The sunset of course will be an added bonus. I have learned that there is no point trying to breach the wall of plants surrounding the pond. It looks best from a distance anyway; it’s covered in a green algae that smells like an earthy rot. I start at the scariest dugout; it has quite the negative energy to it. I suppose it’s all in my head from reading what is written inside of it, but I still swear I’m being watched when I get anywhere near it. Although I continue through the eerie parts, I cannot help but notice the three rolled balls of fresh snow. It’s as if someone started making a snowman, but merely walked away. Well, it is actually exactly like that. I examine the building before I approach the snow, and it appears empty. Its chipped green painted walls are the same, and that disgustingly huge wasp hive is still there. Trash litters the inside of the it; I couldn’t even name what any of it is besides the McDonalds cup. At the top of the stairs, the white door has been chained shut, and spray-painted again. The kids in my town must love Nazis judging by all the swastikas they painted.

As I buff myself up, and throw away the continuous fear, I walk closer to the wet snow. It’s newly fallen, and I remember watching it fall; swirling around with big fluffy flakes. Sometimes I imagine the snowflakes as a million minuscule ballerinas; the thought first came to me on a sleepless night. It was quite beautiful, I felt surrounded by their grace and the tiny kisses they left as they melted on me. The snow in front of me now was trampled in rather large prints; it looked odd next to my tiny footprints. My boots leave a more distinct print than his did, more lines to define the shape. The snow is already rolled into correctly sized balls, so I picked up each of the two smaller ones up and stacked them onto the biggest. Backing up a bit, I admire the snowman. It’s oddly shaped, and missing arms and a face. It’s a little small too, but I’m not wearing gloves so I put aside thoughts of making it better, and take a picture.

Looks like we share the interest of walking in the cold, lol. I like your story, Smart.

Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
imsmarterthanyou98sparrowlefoxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had a lot more description and analogies to define his story which was imaginable for the mind to see. Pro did well too, but I think Con did better here. Good job to both!!
Vote Placed by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
imsmarterthanyou98sparrowlefoxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used way more descriptive terms than pro.
Vote Placed by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
imsmarterthanyou98sparrowlefoxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Nice stories, found a spelling mistake in Pro's passage, but I liked Con's imagery a little better, though I couldn't decide which story I liked best. I've never experienced snow so a lot of it is foreign to me.
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 3 years ago
PiercedPanda
imsmarterthanyou98sparrowlefoxTied
Reasons for voting decision: I preferred Con's.