chocothunder
danielleReeves

Destiel is a better ship than Wincest

chocothunder

chocothunder

Pro

Destiel is a much better Ship than Wincest. Both Dean and Castiel are always there for each other and are always saving each other. Dean depends on Castiel much more than anyone realizes, especially in he previous seasons. Castiel is literally an angel in Dean's eyes.
danielleReeves

Con

Wincest is a much better ship because there is so much chemistry and past. Dean has always put Sam in front of him and everything else. He carried Sam out of their burning childhood home when he was just 4 years old. What ever Sam wanted Dean would give it to him even if he wanted it himself. After Sam died he couldnt function at all and sold his soul for Sam to be alive again. Dean was unable to kill Sam when he had killed a hunter and was going to kill Jo. Even though he had been told by both John and Sam to kill him if he went to the bad side. Sam and Dean have alwyas been there for each other.
chocothunder

Pro

Destiel is a much better ship than Wincest. Dean shows signs of his bisexual side many times while both Dean and Sam show signs of jealousy throughout the seasons. For example, there is a Garth (a hunter) in season 7, episode 8, "Time for a Wedding", who hugs Dean just before leaving. Dean also has a connection with Ranger Rick in season 7, episode 9, "How to Win Friends and Influence Monsters. The conversation went like this:
BOBBY: "D*** thing's eating Rick."
DEAN: "Man I like Rick."
(SAM and BOBBY look at DEAN. BOBBY closes his eyes and fires up into the tree. A humanoid creature holding one of RANGER RICK's arms falls to the ground.
That was a hint of Dean's bisexual nature. I could show you more of his clear bisexual nature, but now I want to show you how Dean and Castiel are clearly a couple. In season 6, episode 20, 21, and 22, the both of them show signs that they care about each other without actually saying it.
Episode 20:
CASTIEL: "It sounds so simple when you say it like that. Where were you when I needed to hear it?"
DEAN: "I was there. Where were you?"
Episode 21:
CASTIEL: "Dean, I do everything that you ask. I always come when you call. And I am your friend. Still, despite your lack of faith in me now your threats, I just saved you yet again. Has anyone other than your closest kin ever done more for you. All I ask is one thing."
Episode 22:
DEAN: "Listen to me. Listen, I know there's a lot of bad water under the bridge, but we were family once."
danielleReeves

Con

danielleReeves forfeited this round.
chocothunder

Pro

Castiel's love for Dean and Dean's love for Castiel is so tragic. They get jealous when they each kiss someone else. Dean kisses Anna in season 4, episode 10 and Castiel clearly doesn't like it. Castiel kisses Meg in season 6, episode 10 and Dean is ready to bite somebody's head off. One of the sweetest moments is in season 6, episode 7:
DEAN: "Well you better tear up the attic. Find something to help Sam."
CASTIEL: "Of course. Your problems always come first. I'll be in touch."
It's not very vague, and you can clearly see why Destiel is a much better ship than Wincest. I know Sam and Dean have been through a lot, but Dean and Castiel have been through much, much more.
danielleReeves

Con

danielleReeves forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Mr.Grace 2 years ago
Mr.Grace
chocothunderdanielleReevesTied
Reasons for voting decision: chocothunder's use of direct quotes strengthened the argument.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
chocothunderdanielleReevesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture