AbirHBK
Jack212

Detective Comics(DC)are better than Marvel Comics.

Jack212

AbirHBK

Pro

The first round of this debate will just be to accept this Debate. It is open for all.
So, do you accept?
Jack212

Con

I prefer Marvel, so I will accept your challenge.
AbirHBK

Pro

Dc is better than Marvel based on COMICS. I'll tell you why DC is better than Marvel
1. Marvel has copied ideas from DC
Eg.
Let me first bring up similarities between Batman and Iron man. But first,Bats came before Iron man ( Batman came in 1939 and Iron man in 1963)

Both are boys (Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark) whose parents (Thomas & Martha, Howard & Maria) are killed tragically (Murder, Car Wreck). The parents owned companies (Wayne Industries, etc., Stark Industries, etc.) that the son is forced to own through the family line. Both avenge their parents in a way (Fighting crime, fighting for a better future), by using fancy suits and gadgets (Batsuit, Utility Belt, etc., Iron Man Suit, Repulsors, etc.) that they made with their skills and money.
Source- Patriot Person's debate
2. In the debate that happened between Stan lee and Grant Morrison. Grant Morrison won!The comics that DC have produced are better than that of Marvel was the result of the debate
I will say more in the next round
Jack212

Con

1. Some superheroes share similar backstories, but that doesn't mean one copied the other. There are a finite number of possible story ideas, so there will always be similarities. Plagiarism must be proved.

2. And this is relevant because...?

Here's why I prefer Marvel.

1. It's more realistic (believable characters, powers and plots).

2. It's more consistent (it doesn't need to reboot continuity every 5 years).

3. It's got Stan Lee (who is a badass when it comes to inventing new characters).
AbirHBK

Pro

Hey everybody and my worthy opponent :
Dc comics are better than Marvel :
My opponent says that some heroes can have the same story and even when I have proved it that the Dc comics came before the Marvel ones he is saying that Plagiarism must be proved....
1. Being realistic doesn't make a comic better because Comics have to be unrealistic because they are fictional.
2. Being a bad *** like Stan lee doesn't make Marvel comics better than DC and talking about bad ***es there isn't a bigger bad *** than Grant Morison. He has got arrested 13 times twice in foreign countries due to disorderly conduct....
Here's why most comic lovers prefer DC :
a.) DC really kicked comic books into high gear by starting the Silver Age.
b.) DC created hundreds of new characters while revamping old ones.
c.)DC took comic stories in interesting new directions.

I now ask my opponent to answer
Jack212

Con

1. Realistic is believable, and believable makes it easier for the reader to immerse themselves in the story.

2. I meant that as a joke.

---

a. The Silver Age was stupid and childish, and DC was the worst offender. Marvel actually pushed the limits of the Comics Code Authority and made 3-dimensional characters. DC's superheroes were all Mary-Sues.

b. So did Marvel. Stan Lee created the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Daredevil, Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, Iron Man, and the Avengers all within about 5 years. He also brought Captain America back after 20 years of being out of action.

c. So did Marvel.

You have failed to prove any of your claims about why DC is better than Marvel. This debate is a joke.
Posted by PatriotPerson 4 years ago
PatriotPerson
It doesn't really matter, ragnar.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Way too subjective!
Posted by PatriotPerson 4 years ago
PatriotPerson
Hey not cool, Duncan (Yeah everyone, I'm the guy he debated with). It was not based on film ratings! I was posting film reviews to show that DC was better in the CATEGORY of film. I even posted different categories. The debate was not only about film ratings. I thought you understood that.
Posted by Duncan 4 years ago
Duncan
Yeah. i was in a debate about this a while ago. Only after the debate did the instigator reveal it was based on film ratings, to which he then just began posting film reviews.
Posted by LevelWithMe 4 years ago
LevelWithMe
Elaborate. Better in what way(s)?
Vote Placed by brokenboy 4 years ago
brokenboy
AbirHBKJack212Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Marvel is better. The way Con explained his side of the debate was good enough to establish why Marvel is better.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
AbirHBKJack212Tied
Reasons for voting decision: it was pro's job to argue why DC heroes are better then the marvel ones, and his arguments were so brief and unstructured that he didnt meet his burden of proof. Con's arguments werent that good either, but he did enough to prove his case whereas pro didnt, so argument points go to him.