Devient.genie is an intolerant bigot

In this case, I will be presenting that devient.genie is indeed an intolerant bigot who has no sensitivity towards others and only cares about his beliefs, thus making him close-minded.

Perfect topic for debate. Now we just need to get your definitions of intolerant and bigot.

I am most definitely intolerant. I am intolerant of ignorance, intolerant of racism, child abuse, murder, rape, indoctrination of dogma that teaches children that the earth is 6,000 to 10,000 yrs old, intolerant of religions that impede the advancement of mankind.

Intolerant of humans who lie, infect government and schools with unproven gibberish about a sky daddy who came to the middle east to let us know to obey, how to cut our hair, what to eat, had a human sacrifice, and is written about in the bible.

Plus the stories of hell for children who don't follow certain doctrine, I am intolerant :)

I wonder if my opponent is intolerant? Are you tolerant or intolerant to the things l am intolerant too as well?

Which of the things that I listed do you think are good for a child?

I would like to start out by saying that I have extensively looked at your previous debates. You have lost all of them. You have ridiculed people for their personal beliefs and values. Not only that, but they lack creativity. Some of them you copy and paste past arguments and use the same phrases to get across your point. All of which have failed.

You say you are intolerant of ignorance. Good, as am I. You are intolerant of racism. Good, as am I. Child abuse, murder, rape, as am I. However when it comes to religion, your view is critically flawed. You are intolerant of impeding on people and how they behave badly, however are extremely hypocritical when it comes to those who have close spiritual values.

I would like to point out that had I met you on a city street with no previous knowledge of you personally, my first intention would to be friendly. As I hope yours would be. Let's say we got closer together as friends. I found out more about your personal life. Your religious beliefs, or lack thereof, become present to me and they differ entirely from mine. Who am I to judge you and strike you down? What kind of society and world do we live in when we are to make friends and judge those by their religion, sexuality, race, or political affiliation? You are a part of the plague of hatred that runs through the veins of the earth. Love, peace, and acceptance are what we need to take a hold of and conquer. Do I think you are wrong? Yes I do. Will I hate you for or anyone else? No. Of course not.

You will ultimately lose your battle of anti-religious (but what seems to be only anti-Christian) rhetoric. In the end, your hate preaching will come to no avail.

"Stories of hell for children who don't follow certain doctrine."

What, do you think Christians gather around a fire with their children and tell them they'll burn in hell if they don't do what is right? No. I can't even begin to imagine even doing that to my own. What you do my friend is characterize an entire population of three billion Christians and billions of other religious folk on the actions of a few. They are good people. The non-religious are good people. Even those who are not religious would condone your behavior and words.

"Infect government and schools with unproven gibberish about a sky daddy."

Now with this I am being more and more convinced that your just an internet troll. Separation of church and state seems to be working well here in the US and western countries. I don't know what world your living in. God cannot be disproved no matter how hard you try. Nor proven.

"The earth is 6,000 to 10,000 years old."

Only if you take holy texts literally. Which you shouldn't. You should actually read them and get a bit more informed.

Tell me - do you think telling a child to strike down a human being for their religious beliefs is moral or good for it?
This answer will prove my point in the debate.

" God cannot be disproved no matter how hard you try. Nor proven."

Leprechauns, unicorns, allah, zeus, thor, bale, none can be proven or disproven, you have said nothing but gibberish there :)

" Separation of church and state seems to be working well here in the US and western countries. I don't know what world your living in"

Those are just a few links that smash your lack of knowledge and clearly show the USA has seperation anxiety when it comes to church and state.

Theres a few that deal with prayer, again more separation anxiety :)

" do you think telling a child to strike down a human being for their religious beliefs is moral or good for it?
This answer will prove my point in the debate."

Only if the religious person starts the conversation, then you can ridicule and mock them as if they said the Yugo was the best car ever, or that 200 is a bigger number than 2 million. Ridicule and contempt are what religion has deserved for a long time now :)

So let go of the tit, teach your kids the process on HOW to think by using logic, reason, evidence, observation, experiments, testing, instead of teaching them WHAT to think thru INDOCTRINATION.

Kids have been free thinking forever, this is nothing new.

Brainwashed and delusional, even though they make fine insults, are really Not insults to religion, they are both a very unfortunate diagnosis :)

However, there is a cure. If everyone knew the beautiful and inspiring truths of nature in the 21st Century, religion would demand the respect of a 10 yr old paper airplane maker :)

However, to ensure they dont lose their grip, religion must work very hard to discredit, talk down, disregard, and belittle, scientific genius understandings, that in the 21st Century, make Darwin childs play.

The insurmountable amount of evidence that has been amassed over the last 150+ yrs, not only confirms Darwin's Theory, but improves upon and surpasses it leaps and bounds in evidence, understanding and ultimately application into our lives :)

Mainstream scientists, don't attach the same importance to macro- vs. microevolution that creationists do. The terms macro- and microevolution were coined in 1927, casting doubt in an improper way has been going on for a long time. 1927 science still thought the Milky Way was the entire universe. Come on kids catch up.

It's nice of creationists to admit that microevolution occurs, but the truth is that there is no magical dividing line between micro- and macroevolution. Biological evidence shows that changes within species are caused by the same natural forces that eventually cause differences between species, genera, families, and all the way up the line.

There is no single day in which a youth becomes an adult, but everyone knows youths do become adults. It's just a gradual process. Looking at an individual day by day, we see the continuity. When we stand at a more distant vantage point, as when we view photos of ourselves taken years apart, we see the differences. We have no trouble identifying which stage is which, even though there never was a single calendar date at which one stage totally ended as the next totally began.

It works the same way with species. It"s good to remember that terms like 'species' 'youth' and 'adult' 'dusk' and 'night' 'caterpillar' and 'butterfly' are words we invent to describe stages we observe. The processes that generate the stages happen regardless of what we call each stage, or whether we call them anything. Nature does what it does. We invent terms as we need them to talk about what we see.

If evolution is truly a new concept to you, you haven't been served well by your science teachers. Fortunately, it's never too late to learn. Let me suggest a place to begin catching up on what you missed: the FAQ page for the Department of Geology at Baylor University.

Baylor, as you know, is a baptist college in Texas. It trains geology graduates for success in many fields, including careers in the oil industry. The department offers an excellent summary of what is known about natural time scales and organic evolution. You will want to give special attention to the description of the scientific method :)

Which is the perfect verse to curl up with your 7-9 yr old child as you share in the inspirational words? judges 19:22-30 :)

22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him."

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, "No, my friends, don"t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don"t do this outrageous thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But as for this man, don"t do such an outrageous thing."

25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.

27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel. 30 Everyone who saw it was saying to one another, "Such a thing has never been seen or done, not since the day the Israelites came up out of Egypt. Just imagine! We must do something! So speak up!"

"The GOP's Uncomfortable Debate Over Gay Marriage"

You know you live in a weak ignorant consciousness when its uncomfortable to consider equal rights to all humans :)

Your beliefs, my beliefs, nobody's beliefs matter. Its whats we know and what we have evidence for that matters.

We have evidence of Evolution by natural selection, its a basic tenet of all biology.

Inability to comprehend biology, does not validate other beliefs, it only validates ignorance of biology :)

Deism and the idea of a creator, or intelligent designer, is one of the greatest illusions of all time.

A true intelligent understanding of evolution and science, is so corrosive to religious beliefs, that John Scopes went to trial in Tennessee for teaching evolution in school, just 88 yrs ago.

That same level of ignorance, caused by the poisonous effects of religion, that took John Scopes to trial, is why equal rights in a court of law are even an option in 2013.

If there is No religion, then marriage in a court of law is as controversial as eating a Snickers bar on break :)

Grow up. Just because someone says keep it real, actions STILL speak louder than words :)

Denying cumulative evolution by Non random natural selection, is the equivalent to denying water is H20.

This isnt a joke.

Cornell University 10 Mis-Understandings of evolution.

Everything you need to know about evolution University of Berkley

Evolution is Not in bible, adam and eve is :)

Here we have my opponent bringing up topics and taking accusations to a new level. Because I am spiritual, you have automatically assumed that I am a republican. You have also assumes that I deny gay marriage and evolution. You fail at debates and being uncivil.

Let me be clear: I am for gay marriage. I do not deny evolution.

As far as children going how to be moral, you act as if the spiritual use "God" in every sentence that is spoken on the subject. Wrong again.

You go and claim the religious. are brainwashed and delusional. Only because they don't use their senses to determine what is believed. If it's not according to your own beliefs, it's wrong. Just the kind of secen year old thinking that needs to be extinguished from the earth.

I want to reiterate and say again that I am accepting of all beliefs. I will hold it proudly to me till I die.

I also see you're a 40 year old man according to your profile. I find it sad that an eighteen year old is telling a grownass man how to behave and act like an adult. Enjoy your failed anti-religious rhetoric filled life.

I never once called you a republican or said you denied evolution. Your insecurity and age have shown thru quite well. I used the GOP headline as an example of ignorance related to religion. Denying gay marriage is a religious idea.

I brought up evolution because it is a basic tenet of all biology and it is how humans evolved, it is Not in the bible.

You believe the bible, then you are wrong about mans creation, the bible says adam and eve Not evolution.

You cant pick and choose what you want to believe out of the bible. You cant say that taking it literally is wrong when millions do take it literally.

What makes you so right that you get to choose how to translate it :)

You are good at crying and playing the victim I'll give you that :)

However, instead of crying, man up and face facts. Religion is childish. The bible is wrong :)

Either all religions are wrong, all are right, or only yours is right?

Which is it? Why?

Geography= Where your born is the MAIN choice of religion. Had you been born in India, you would be Hindu :)

Which god? zeus, allah or the slave supporting sexist interested in infanticide, violent abortion, stoning innocent men and rubbing poop in peoples faces?

leviticus 25:44-46

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

1 corinthians 14:34-35
The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.

hosea 13:16

The people of samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their god.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open

numbers 15:32-36

32 And while the children of israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto moses and aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the lord said unto moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the lord commanded moses.

malachi 2:2-3

2 If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name," says the lord almighty, "I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

3 "Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the dung from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it.

Your Love in Poop,

The Morality Master

Lets get to some True Scripture, not that watered down tripe from back in the day :)

CURES 1:1--Free Thought is Not a curse, it's the cure :)

DUH 10:31--Science is Not the strongest argument against a god. The childish god stories themselves, are the strongest evidence against gods :)

BigKids 10:10--Question everything. Even science. Scientists question other scientists, and in that way, science is self correcting. Scientists will always be wrong more often then religious leaders simply because they are willing to be :)

Checkmate 7:54--We dont elect representatives so they can tell us when to pray and where to do it. Get the 'F' out of our schools lunatic religotards :)

Thoughts 9:58--There are No miracles. Everything is likely or unlikely. Just because something has a 1 in a billion chance of happening, doesnt make it a miracle when it happens, it makes it something that is one in a billion. Who sets the bar on when something is a miracle? There are No miracles, only statistical probabilitites and statistical improbabilities:)

Thoughts 8:22--If something cannot be questioned, it doesnt deserve to be an answer :)

CaptainObvious 9:16--A religious person mocking a psychic or mind reader, is like a serial killer mocking a vigilante or assassin :)

BigKids 1:15--Your god is simply too small for my universe :)

PORN 9:48--Ezekiel 23:20 New International Version 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses :)

Differences 11:06--Religious leaders have moments of silence, scientific leaders have moments of science :)

CaptainObvious 7:38--The universe is magnificent and stunningly beautiful. No god so obsessed with suppressing sex could have had the imagination to create something so exquisite :)

Idiots 10:33--Misogyny is as common in all religions, as sand is to all beaches :)

DUH 2:19--Asking an intellectual advocate to respect religious beliefs, is like asking a black man to respect the KKK :)

STUDS 8:24--To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason, is like administering medicine to the dead--Thomas Paine :)

BigKids 4:12--Being wrong is exciting to science, being wrong is terrifying to religion :)

CaptainObvious 5:14--Faith is believing without evidence. Delusion is believing in spite of the evidence :)

BigKids 1:28--If you think that science is a threat to a moral world, its obvious that thinking is Not your strong suit :)

Idiots 2:34--If you are skeptical about science but wholehearteldy believe the reason for DNA flooded the whole planet, you are unfortunately delusional :)

Ouchies 11:6--Proliferating a religious fairy tale in front of the Genie, is akin to jumping off a high dive platform into an industrial sized wood chipper :)

Intriguing 8:49--Tinkerbella nana recently discovered species of fairyfly from Costa Rica. 250 micrometers in length. One micrometer is a thousandth of a millimeter. Under the microscope, these teeny-tiny insects reveal fine detail, particularly their long, skinny wings, which terminate in hairlike fringe. This wing shape may help ultra-small insects reduce turbulence and drag when they fly, a feat that requires beating their wings hundreds of times per second. How can they be new, Noah had them on the Ark right? BUSTED :)

Thoughts 10:1--Why does god have a gender? Does he have a penis? A "Y" Chromosome? Is there a lady god, or is it that he was invented by misogynistic men? :)

Differences 7:2--Scientists read and study all kinds of books and still feel there is a lot to learn. Religious leaders read one book and claim to know the reason for everything :)

BigKids 5:55--Brainwashed and delusional are everyday adjectives for religion, genius and brilliant minded are adjectives for science :)

STUDS 8:46--If I could stop all the natural catastrophes from taking lives, I would. Thats the difference between me and any god :)

Inept 6:57--Learning Scientific Truths, religious minds think its a game of dodgeball, and boy can they avoid it :)

ParentalChoices 10:21--Taking your child to church or synagogue instead of a science museum or learning center, is the equivalent of teaching them ebonics instead of proper English :)

ParentalChoices 11:49--Children must be taught the process on how to think, not what to think. If you dont know the difference, youre part of problem with the world :)

CaptainObvious 11:29--If you attend ANY church, mocking islam is the equivalent of a 400 lb person mocking a 600 lb person. If you dont understand that, donate your brain to science, youre Not using it anyways :)

Inept 7:44--Religion, if you need it to help you sleep at night, youre never really awake :)
Posted by devient.genie 2 years ago
giraffe lover, you caqn question the theory of evolution all you want. As a matter of fact, why not question the heliocentric theory as well, you know the one that says the earth revolves around the sun :)

Keep wasting your time questioning things we have evidence for because wasting time is a religitard specialty :)
Posted by giraffelover 2 years ago
So, I'm supposed to question science, but I'm not allowed to question Evolution or I'm ignorant?
Posted by sweetbreeze 2 years ago
Ha, that's really unbelievable that he's a she.
Posted by Greematthew 3 years ago
Devient, I had a dream last night you were a young beautiful woman who was typing all of this.
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
Dont like to "think" too hard? Thats ok, Intellectual laziness has a "cheat code", god. When you enter this cheat code you will be unable to say "I dont know" to the following questions, why are we here? What happens when I die?

Emotional frailty? Easily feared into things? Dont worry your little head about it, theres a cheat code for that, god. When you enter this cheat code, your frail emotions will feel empowered by the idea of a totalitarian authority taking care of and watching over us 24 hrs a day. This cheat code should Not be used by someone who is emotionally frail, and ignorance personified. If youre extreme in dealing with emotional frailty, and your level of ignorance is extreme as well, that level of ignorance coupled with your knowledge of a sky daddy, you will believe that talking to yourself and calling it praying actually helped you find your car keys :)

Fear of death? Fear of the unknown? You guessed it, theres a cheat cod for that, god. When your thoughts get to death, or the unknown, whether young or old, the best answer for scary questions, the most soothing pacifier, is the holy binky. The adult pacifier known as the holy binky will take that unknown fear away, and replace it with fear for him :)

How can I be a bigot? How can I discriminate and hold prejudices that are divisive enough to deny a child equal rights? Thats easy, use the right cheat code. When entering the cheat code, god, you can instantly turn yourself into a prejudice holding, discriminating bigot, voting booths are where you will shine using this cheat code. The desire to vote against the equal marriage rights of children born differently is enhanced dramatically entering the cheat code, god :)
Posted by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
Baby Devient, how would you feel? Baby Devient, baby Devient, baby Devient, baby Devient, you're the brainwashed one. Listen to grown up Mathew. You're more of a baby than any of us, Devient. Give it up. You're not thinking for anyone but yourself. So you think you're better than us and you know what's good for the world? No, you do not. Don't fool yourself into believing that you do.
Posted by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
No, she is not a "murderer" worshiper. She is a Buddhist, and stop changing the subject! Ha! I am brainwashed and that is final. End of discussion.
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
babymatthew, not a dictator? You might want to read the bible sober. Only a dictator would demand that you only could work on a certain day or its a deth sentence. Only a dictator would demand obedience just to him and nobody else. Have you read the 10 commandments?

The Stockholm Syndrome, thats what you are experiencing. You are defending your mental captor, a captor that you admit cannot know for sure exists, but you have faith, the ridiculous claim of faith :)

Take heroin away from a heroin addict cold turkey and you get the same thing as taking the church away cold turkey. We cant do that we need to wean the world off the drug called religion and it starts by teaching future generations the process on how to think, Not what to think :)
Posted by Greematthew 3 years ago
Am I slowing down the world devient? Or are people who don't follow Christ's true word doing it? You are a brainwashed fool who thinks that he knows what's best for the world. I wish we could take away the church from the world for a month and see what loss of hope, despair, and depression enters the world. It would be a terribly scary place. And you're one of the people that contributes to that already. God is not a dictator. If you were anymore informed or educated about what the hell you're talking about, you wouldn't be saying any of these things. Instead, you strike down my peaceful words, Christ's peaceful words and anything that goes against your reckless and selfish words. All this time you're calling me the baby. You've been whining ever since you set foot on this website. Probably even long before that. You dumb man, grow up and get your mindset out of middle school. You think you're so intimidating behind a computer screen? You would say barely of what you said to anyone's face you ignorant coward.

Grow some balls and live with yourself. You're a hopeless cause. Screaming and crying but not making any bit of difference because everyone looks at you the same way.
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
Babymatthew, I dont know you either. You are just another supporter and coddler of ignorance. The ignorance that mankind drags into each century like idiots.

Keep dragging idiotic beliefs, keep being a drain on society so you can fulfill your selfish desire to believe.

You should be so proud of your selfishness that you refuse to grow up and would rather help perpetuate the single most destructive and divisive invention in the history of mankind, religion :)

Way to help our species advance to a higher standard by continuing the lies that there is a totalitarian authority that watches us and is everywhere but does Nothing to unite the world or cure disease or end natural catastrophes
Vote Placed by jh1234l 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Count chase200mph, "Pro needs a nap" is not a valid RFD.
Vote Placed by Chase200mph 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Because Pro needs a nap!
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con spent his time insulting his opponent, not defending his case. If every other word that came out of Con's mouth wasn't an insult to believers but rather a rational argument against them, my vote may have been different. But this was also not a religious debate, so taking the bible out of context for his argument only proved his douchebaggery.