Nismo69
VenomousNinja

"DevilDriver" is the best Metal band in the World!!!

VenomousNinja

Nismo69

Pro

"DevilDriver", is the best metal band in the world, plain and simple, as far as I am concerned there is no other metal band on the planet that compares to how totally amazing they are. I mean how can you not love a band that the meaning of their band name is to drive the devil away with the power of their music, that in itself is reason enough to check them out if you've never heard of them. (By the way if you are a metal fan and you never heard of them, you are either not a metal fan or just a really deprived metal enthusiast that has chosen to not explore other metal bands so you are really missing out on a great band if are not a fan and listening to them.) Every album they made, every song they made, every show they have done (none of which I've seen but you have no idea how badly I want to see them Live). The vocalist...his voice is unique its a grungey-like roar and it fits the music so well. The guitarists plays some of the sickest rifts and solos I have ever heard. And the drummer is just insane he also doubles as a third guitarist for some songs. The bassist really ties it all together along with the drums. They about to release an new album "Pray for Villains" and start up a new tour I MUST see them and everybody who's a metal fan should check them out. I really don't have a point to this debate but I wanna see who else agrees with me that "DevilDriver" is basically the best Metal band ever!!
VenomousNinja

Con

First of all, I'm not sure if this is an ad for a band or what, but I'm going to try and debate this one out.

" I mean how can you not love a band that the meaning of their band name is to drive the devil away with the power of their music,"

Easily. Maybe some people are offended by the word devil, or maybe some believe that the band's name truly means that they are driving the devil into our society with their music. That could upset a lot of people, and many people would hate that band because of it.

Also, they could simply hate the band because of their genre, their sound, or their musicians.

"By the way if you are a metal fan and you never heard of them, you are either not a metal fan or just a really deprived metal enthusiast that has chosen to not explore other metal bands so you are really missing out on a great band if are not a fan and listening to them."
1. People can be fans of genres without even listening to said genre. It's all about what I like, and if I like something simply because of it's name, then I am a fan of it. Therefore, many metal fans could still be metal fans without having ever listened to "DevilDriver", or listening to metal at all. Also, maybe people simply weren't exposed to this certain band. It's not their fault, they don't need to go seek out new bands in a certain genre to be fans of it.

2. Great is a relative term.

"The vocalist...his voice is unique its a grungey-like roar and it fits the music so well. The guitarists plays some of the sickest rifts and solos I have ever heard. And the drummer is just insane he also doubles as a third guitarist for some songs. The bassist really ties it all together along with the drums."

All of these are opinions. I bet I could find many people who disagree.

Well, since that's all the debatable points I can find in your paragraph, I will end this round, and say to you, good luck, and I look forward to your response.
Nismo69

Pro

Okay my turn...In my initial defense this is not in any way shape or form a "Advertisement for the band" because honestly I'm gaining no profit or honorable mention from the band by posting this debate. I'm simply stating my personal opinion of what I believe is one of the best metal bands in the world. And I'm willing to back up my statement as much as humanly possible even though it seems that my defeat may be imminent. So regardless of the odds I'm pressing onward.

To counter act your first attack on the statement you have extracted from my initial point. The members of the band are not worshipers of the devil and they are not in any way condoning that anyone begins to worship him. The meaning of the band name which I explained before, is the Actual definition, their goal is to prove to society that not all metal has to be dark/black or devil oriented but yet still have still maintain the sound of such a band that quite frankly a lot of metal fans tend to enjoy (I know what I'm talking about, when I go to concerts I see these people I am referring to, if these people see a "Softer" rock band get on the stage they will begin to boo, I'm not kidding) Now granted this is mainly my views of the audiences in the crowds of metal concerts but the results are legit.

Point two that you make I have to disagree with...there's no way in hell(haha no pun intended) that you can call yourself a fan of a genre by not even listening to it...did you think about that statement in you head first before you wrote it down? Apparently you didn't cause honestly that's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That's like me saying I love to listen to people yodel when really I've never done so. So ya that just made you FAIL!!!

And finally to counteract you disbelief that anyone has the same if not similar opinions of the band's talent as I do why don't you just go to one of the band's shows and tells the thousands of people that you will see there and ask them do you agree that this band is EPICALLY AMAZING and they'll probably Hell Yes!!! and then follow through with punching you in the face because you would stupid again while trying to hold a conversation in the middle of a FREAKING MOSH PIT!!! Oh and one more thing, I'm sure you can find a bunch of people that may not like the band or more specifically the metal genre but I'm not talking about those people I'm talking about METAL FANS!!! Anyways that's my response in order to defend my initial statement. Bring on the next round...
VenomousNinja

Con

"Okay my turn...In my initial defense this is not in any way shape or form a 'Advertisement for the band'"
Okay then.

"The members of the band are not worshipers of the devil and they are not in any way condoning that anyone begins to worship him. The meaning of the band name which I explained before, is the Actual definition, their goal is to prove to society that not all metal has to be dark/black or devil oriented but yet still have still maintain the sound of such a band that quite frankly a lot of metal fans tend to enjoy"
And you would know this... How? Do you speak personally with the band? To be blunt, I doubt you do, and I doubt you have gone into discussions with them about their band name. It could mean quite a variety of things, in fact. Something not relating to the devil at all, in fact. It's their name, they choose the meaning, and unless we have proof of which one they chose, their name is open to interpertation.

"Point two that you make I have to disagree with...there's no way in hell(haha no pun intended) that you can call yourself a fan of a genre by not even listening to it"

Why, yes there is. A fan is "an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin." - dictionary.com.

You could be a devotee, follower, or admirer of anything because of any reason, especially music. For example, I could follow the band DevilDriver(thus making me a follower) simply because my friends are into it, and I want something to talk with them about. I never need to hear their music, I could simply read blogs, search google news, or read music magazines and get regular news updates about that band. I would still be a fan, and I would have never heard their music.

As for your last point... My point still stands. I could easily find people who disagree, just as you could easily find people that agree. You prove nothing except your statement in the first round was simply an opinion.

Also, my "Great is a relative term" point still stands, as well as my point about how I could find many people who disagree with your opinion...
I also await the next, and last, round.

The same can go for the genre, too, by the way.
Nismo69

Pro

Nismo69 forfeited this round.
Posted by ccstate4peat 7 years ago
ccstate4peat
You have to distinguish which type of metal. I am a huge fan of thrash and speed metal but you did not say which type of metal devildriver is. I could argue that Van Halen is better because they were considered guitar metal. If I really wanted to push it, I could say that Sweet, the glam metal band is better because they have sold more albums. If I would have seen this debate I would have picked it up so fast, but proved that Metallica reigns supreme.
Posted by VenomousNinja 7 years ago
VenomousNinja
Okay, I took this debate. Sorry if anyone else wanted to take it, I didn't know there were this many comments on it before I posted my argument.
Posted by LB628 7 years ago
LB628
I kind of want to argue subjectivity of opinion means that the Pro cannot establish an objective truth, and is thus unable to fulfill burden of proof.
If someone else wants to take that, feel free.
Posted by Justinisthecrazy 7 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
so i could destory this hello METALLICA or MEGADETH!!! I think that would be a good deabte MEtallica is better than Megadeth because clearly Megadeth is better
Posted by FlashFire 7 years ago
FlashFire
Try the forums instead of making an utterly pointless debate.
Posted by Nismo69 7 years ago
Nismo69
http://music.myspace.com...
Direct Link To Playlist
Posted by Nismo69 7 years ago
Nismo69
Their Myspace page has some of their songs on it and also what I consider one of their best song which is "Clouds Over California" go there and check it out and you will see why the are so great. http://www.myspace.com...
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
Point to a few examples of their work that you think exemplify their "bestness."
Posted by Nismo69 7 years ago
Nismo69
Sorry that's how I type...
Posted by theitalianstallion 7 years ago
theitalianstallion
AHH!!! Wall of text!!

Break up your arguments, its much easier to read.
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
Nismo69VenomousNinjaTied
Vote Placed by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Nismo69VenomousNinjaTied
Vote Placed by Nismo69 7 years ago
Nismo69
Nismo69VenomousNinjaTied
Vote Placed by VenomousNinja 7 years ago
VenomousNinja
Nismo69VenomousNinjaTied