Akhenaten
m.brussel92

Diabetes is preventable and curable.

m.brussel92 has forfeited round #3.

Akhenaten

Pro

The medical fraternity insists that diabetes is incurable and is a genetic based problem. This is false information. Diabetes is the result of eating too much grain, sugar and dairy products which cause blockages and insulin over production. The medical fraternity doesn't recognize these foods as being the cause of diabetes. Thus, they are acting irresponsibly.
m.brussel92

Con

Interesting, I hope you can provide a detailed explanation of how this would work in your scenario. What I have heard, is that diabetes is both due to eating habits and due to genetics, there are more than one type of diabetes. From that perspective, I don't think you are right.
Akhenaten

Pro

Dr Mc Dougall's video explains clearly that leaky gut syndrome allows milk protein to enter the blood stream which is attacked by the body's immune system. The immune system then attacks any body part (panceas) that resembles a milk protein. Note - Cows milk proteins are very similar to human proteins. Thus, the immune system attacks the vital insulin producing organs which cause type 1 diabetes. Thus, I have clearly proven that type 1 diabetes is caused by a bad diet and is not a genetic problem. But, it should be noted, that some individuals will succumb to this condition very easily. This does not mean that it is a genetically based problem because, if that person didn't eat inappropriate foods in the first place, then, the condition would not have occurred.

http://www.vegsource.com...

https://www.youtube.com...
m.brussel92

Con

I have spent some time reading papers on what you have said, and it appears to be true. However, it does not appear to be the whole story, because there are other types of diabetes that happen without a leaky gut and are hereditary. For example, this year, a new type of diabetes has been identified, and it is caused by a mutation in the RFX6 gene - which in turn causes a reduction of the hormone GIP, and that hormone stimulates insuline production.

If you want more information on that, it's on Medical Xpress, "New type of diabetes caused by a genetic mutation" Oct 12, 2017. It's a great website to stay up to date on medicine research.
Akhenaten

Pro

The research paper doesn't involve dietary considerations in the analysis. Therefore, the analysis is faulty and biased.
Note -
Diabetes research facilities have to create false assumptions in order to get funding for their research to justify their huge budgets and expenditure on equipment and wages. Diabetes research foundations are a huge waste of time and money and cost the community billions of dollars. The cause and cure of diabetes is already known. The research facilities have to pretend that they don't know what the cause and cure for diabetes is. They proceed with arrogance and authority to quote complicated solutions which involve the use of drugs as a means of combating the chemical imbalances. They look for genetic mutations to justify their research. It is true that genetic mutations occur in all individuals but this is not the cause of any type of diabetes. Once you remove the sugar, grain and dairy from a person's diet, then, the diabetic symptoms will disappear. The question needs to asked - does the research facility take into account a person's diet in their analysis? Answer - Never.

Research paper reference ---

https://www.nature.com...
Posted by Akhenaten 7 months ago
Akhenaten
Pro winner by default.
Posted by Akhenaten 7 months ago
Akhenaten
m.brussel92 - correction quote - "their opinion may be either right or wrong". Note - Assuming wrongness is itself a kind of bias.
Posted by Smooosh 7 months ago
Smooosh
Dually noted
Posted by m.brussel92 7 months ago
m.brussel92
if you have an opinion, you are free to bring it to the table, but in a respectable way - let me help you with that: instead of asking Akhenaten if he drank lead paint, you could have stated "I don't think Akhenaten is correct because x and y" and that is the difference between an adult conversation and pointless insults
Posted by Smooosh 7 months ago
Smooosh
Is my opinion not valid? The comment you just made makes me not want to engage in FREE and OPEN discussion. Now I'm sad😣
Posted by m.brussel92 7 months ago
m.brussel92
those types of comments do not encourage free and open discussions, but discourage people from bringing their opinions to the table - and yes, their opinions may be wrong, but that is not a reason to block them out and prevent them from making a case that we can address
Posted by Smooosh 7 months ago
Smooosh
I thought it was spot on myself.
Posted by m.brussel92 7 months ago
m.brussel92
Smooosh, very unnecessary comment
Posted by Smooosh 7 months ago
Smooosh
Akhenaten, did you eat alot of lead paint before the age of seven?
Posted by Akhenaten 7 months ago
Akhenaten
Did you have a lot of dairy, grain and sugar before the age of 7?