Rebuttle
Mellith

Dictatorship is best political system

Rebuttle

Pro

Political systems are something we never can get right. You may be saying "Aw well they are fine. What's wrong with them?"

Well look at it from this perspective: Its the governments of the Super-Powers today that have started this recession and still fail to fully get us out of it. Its them same governments that clam to have leaders but all I see is them hiding behind the doors of a cabinet.

I think our world needs a LEADER. Not a joint decision on every little law passed. What we need is someone who will tell us what is happening.

One point: We need a SMART dictator.

I think Hitler was probably the best example of a smart dictator. Yes he had some horrid policies but take away the dis-treatment of the Jews and I challenge you o give me one valid reason why dictatorship under a smart dictator would fail
Mellith

Con

"Its the governments of the Super-Powers today that have started this recession and still fail to fully get us out of it."
First, a single entity cannot be blamed or a recession. Just as any single person, nobody can predict the future. Second, the recession was caused by the greed and ego-maniacal behavior of the banks. In an effort to earn more profit the banks failed to carry out adequate checks on the people that they were loaning money to; not the result of an inadequate system of government.

"I challenge you o give me one valid reason why dictatorship under a smart dictator would fail"
Maximilien Robespierre was quite intelligent, before the reign of Napoleon, Robespierre was dictator in all but name; he ran the country. He also initiated what is known as "The Reign of Terror"
" To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is barbarity. " (Robespierre) Following this philosophy Robespierre declared himself as the head of The Committee of Public Safety, this group decided who the enemies of the state were and as such, executed them. In approximately one year, anywhere from 16,000-40,000 people were executed. Robespierre was an intellectual (he was very smart), an amazing orator, and had charisma, yet he still managed to bring about the deaths of many of his fellow country men, including those who supported his cause.

Caesar was a good ruler, the dictator perpetuii (permanent dictator). And for a time his rule was good, until Brutus and Cassius murdered Caesar after which a civil war between Brutus/Cassius and Marc Antony/Octavius ensued. Afterward, Rome was an unstable nation. Emperors, who are in fact dictators, were assassinated. After the death of each emperor civil wars between the different power hungry Romans followed. Innocent lives were lost, Rome failed to be prosperous and eventually fell. The Roman Republic (with a triumvirate) lasted much longer than the Roman Empire (with an emperor/dictator).

"We need a SMART dictator."
How do you plan to PRACTICALLY do this? Test each and every person's intellect, VOTE on them? Several of the founding fathers wanted a government led by wise men but they realized this was impractical. How do you judge someone's moral character or predict how they will change when they receive so much power? It's not possible to get "smart" dictators every time. Even if the first dictator were "smart", society today would mirror Roman Empire society.
Rebuttle

Pro

Rebuttle forfeited this round.
Mellith

Con

I will give my opponent another chance to respond.
Rebuttle

Pro

Rebuttle forfeited this round.
Mellith

Con

And I thought this would be an interesting debate.
Rebuttle

Pro

Rebuttle forfeited this round.
Mellith

Con

Mellith forfeited this round.
Posted by Mellith 6 years ago
Mellith
Anybody care to pick this debate up with me?
Posted by ReptiDeath 6 years ago
ReptiDeath
yeah what? whats a troll... im probably gonna accept this debate just give me a day or so so i can finish the other one i am doing
Posted by Rebuttle 6 years ago
Rebuttle
What?
Posted by J.Kenyon 6 years ago
J.Kenyon
Troll detected.
Posted by Rebuttle 6 years ago
Rebuttle
Calculation Problem?

Come on dont be stupid. Dictatorship would provide us with the much needed Leader to look up to and not us looking up at everchanging: Cabinets & Shadow Cabinets.

Politics has turned into drama. Get a dicator and ship out drama get to the work and not the stupid hours spent convnving the houses to vote.

Just pass the damn law
Posted by Sieben 6 years ago
Sieben
Calculation problem
Incentive problem
Hayekian knowledge problem
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
RebuttleMellithTied