TheWalkingDrums
PlasticSalamander

Dictatorship is better than Democracy and/or "Free Will" government (Democratic, Republic)

TheWalkingDrums

Pro

Definition of the Debate:

1) To argue if Dictatorship is better than Democracy or vice versa

2) This is a LOGICAL based debate, not really more on History. Arguments should show that either Dictatorship or Democracy is better IN THE DEBATER's POINT OF VIEW, not merely or much better, NOT ON HISTORICAL FACTS. - Note: I put it on the category of "Philosophy" not on "Politics" or "Education" as I said, this was from our own point of view.

Purpose of the Debate: As Pro, I will show that Dictatorship is better in terms of logical examinations and my point of view. Con should give me proofs that Democracy would be better over Dictatorship.

Rules for Debate:

Round 1 - Acceptance only.
Round 2 - Argument Presentation (No rebuttals)
Round 3 - Rebuttals and Arguments
Round 4 - Rebuttals against Arguments from Round 3
Round 5 - Conclusion

No trolls and semantics.

Abiding to the rules is strictly implemented.

God bless us all :)
PlasticSalamander

Con

I accept the con side of this argument. Please state your case.
TheWalkingDrums

Pro

Let us begin with the debate.

As Pro, I will argue that Dictatorship is better than Democracy.

The first question is: "Why is dictatorship so bad?"

To answer it, Dictatorship, by its nature, is not bad, rather, the real problem is the leader who abused the power.

There are positive effects of Dictatorship, which even makes it better than Democracy.

1) Eliminate political abuse

A leader is not sometimes the problem, rather, politicians around him/her. Due to sufficient power brought by Democracy, there were able to twist people and lawyers to hide their iniquities, which sometimes is blamed to the leader.

Dictatorship will eliminate those. When a leader decide, let it be. As long as the leader is judge and rightful in his/her judgement, then, this will be effective. Corrupt leaders will and cannot have the power to twist lawyers and people for their iniquities.

Dictatorship is indeed "brutal", but, when used for righteousness' sake, all people will benefit from this. Abusive politicians, on the other hand, should think twice before making iniquities.

2) Set rules properly.

When the leader has the ultimate power to decide, when other politicians cannot interfere and meddle with the leader, and when the leader is on his/her "right mind" - righteous and just, this point is effective, too.

A lot of politicians from lower class in Democracy will love to interfere in setting rules for their own sake. Well, I'm not judging, but as far what the media as brought to us, there are some cases.

Dictatorship, however, when the leader knows what is best for his/her country, no matter how his/her politicians would attempt to twist him/her, there is no way, as said, "The king's rule shall not be broken"

"Your(leader) wish is my command"

3) Dictatorship will not break Freedom, it just gives people their limitations

Having Freedom does not mean you can do whatever you want. This point is applicable to all people, from lower class to high luxurious people. We, people, should know our limits in our country. Dictatorship is here TO CONTROL abuses, not to suppress freedom. In fact, the leader who has a government type of Dictatorship can even allow media and freedom of speech. Ironic? No. Dictatorship simply means "What the ruler decides, then, let it be" If the leader is just and cares for freedom, despite of having Dictatorship, he/she will not suppress our freedom.

4) Total Control

From point 1 to point 2, we talked about politicians' abuse of power. If the leader is good, he/she will not permit this. What's good with Dictatorship is that, with just the leader's word, these abusive politicians can do nothing but to obey. No twisting and all those stuffs.

Point 3 would deal with Freedom. Its like, "Do whatever you want, but there is a limit. In this limit, you can do whatever you want, BUT DO NOT GO OUTSIDE THAT LIMIT, or else..."

To conclude, Dictatorship is better as it holds more power. If the leader is simply just and is responsible for his/her responsibilities, then, Dictatorship is more effective.
PlasticSalamander

Con

PlasticSalamander forfeited this round.
TheWalkingDrums

Pro

As Con forfeited Round 2, I have to set the rules again prior to the debate. Rules affects the motion of this debate, and even disobedience and forfeit can affect it. By forfeit, the effects can be affected, so, to still make this effective, let us change it:

Round 3: Argument from Con
Round 4: Rebuttals from Arguments (No added Argument)
Round 5: Conclusion (No added Argument)

I still expect Con from Round 3.

Jesus bless everyone.
PlasticSalamander

Con

PlasticSalamander forfeited this round.
TheWalkingDrums

Pro

The round debate is cut short to fulfill the entire rules. Vote Pro.

God bless. :)
PlasticSalamander

Con

PlasticSalamander forfeited this round.
TheWalkingDrums

Pro

All score for Pro. I have given her the chance, but its all for her now, no blame from and for me.

God bless.
PlasticSalamander

Con

PlasticSalamander forfeited this round.