Did Apollo 11 really make it to the moon

Do you really think they would fake something like that? I mean the world saw them lift off and return! Also 400000 NASA workers would be fooled or they would be part of the secret. Surely the would have Let it out!

I accept your debate.

Yes I most definitely believe they would fake something like that; mostly because they did.

I mean the world saw them lift off and return!

Suppose I told you I was going to Canada.
You then saw me drive away from your house.
Eight days later you see me drive up to your house.

Now I ask:
Does this prove that I went to Canada?

Also 400000 NASA workers would be fooled or they would be part of the secret.

There were only approximately 36,000 NASA employees who worked on the Apollo 11 project, the rest were contracted by NASA. Including the NASA employees the vast majority of those 400,000 people did small tasks working on components of the program, they wouldn't have any more knowledge than the rest of the American public watching on T.V.
Remember the burden of proof is on the Pro position.
Thank you for posting this debate, and I look forward to reading your arguments.

Yes that does not prove but why would they even waste the technology to go to the moon.

Well also still look at the numbers behind the nasa staff. Someone would slip something out.
And they couldn't fool it in front of them. THEY WOULD KNOW.

NASA didn't waste any technology; they were working towards being able to land a man on the moon, and they continued to use what they learned to eventually do so. It is just that Apollo 11 didn't land a man on the moon.
As to why they would bother faking the moon landing; they were trying to disillusion the Russian space program, which they did. The timing of the Apollo 11 mission, July 20, 1969, was to keep JFK's promise.

"Apollo 11 effectively ended the Space Race and fulfilled a national goal proposed in 1961 by the late U.S. President John F. Kennedy in a speech before the United States Congress, "before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth."

NASA staff and all subcontractors did real work to send up Apollo 11, so they did do what they believed they did; except for the whole actually landing on the moon. The footage of the astronauts landing was filmed in a studio and the radio communications were faked. It would take a reasonably small staff to accomplish this; and they could be kept silent by a sense of national pride, monetary compensation / govermental favors, or more drastic means if necessary.

As I said, the Apollo 11 rocket did launch and go into space, it then looped around the moon and came back. The prerecorded video, and the faked radio communications were broadcast while the rocket was in space.

"This was to be the last Apollo mission to fly a "free-return" trajectory, which would enable, if necessary, a ready abort of the mission when the combined command and service module/lunar module, or CSM/LM, prepared for insertion into lunar orbit. The trajectory would occur by firing the service propulsion subsystem, or SPS, engine so as to merely circle behind the moon and emerge in a trans-Earth return trajectory."

As the burden of proof is on Pro; please give some specific proof that Apollo 11 landed on the moon.

Lauryn111 forfeited this round.

As Pro forfeited the last round and didn't show any proof of Apollo 11 landing men on the moon; I ask you to vote Con.
Posted by Lucian09474 3 years ago
Since the late 2000s, high-definition photos taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) of the Apollo landing sites have captured the lander modules and the tracks left by the astronauts. In 2012, images were released showing the Apollo flags still standing on the Moon.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro dropped out... All pro had to do was use a source or two to claim an easy win.