Youdontknowjeff
abc123cba321

Did God give Nebuchadnezzar Egypt?

Youdontknowjeff

Con

In Ezekiel 29:17-20 Ezekiel prophesied that God will give Nebuchadnezzar,king of Babylon, Egypt. Verse 17"And it came to pass in the seventh and twentieth year, in the first month, the word of the lord came unto me saying. 18 Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great service against Tyrus: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he no wages, nor his army, for Tyrus, for the service that he had served against it: 19 Therefore thus saith the lord God; Behold, I will give the land of Egypt unto Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. "

I will argue Nebuchadnezzar was never given Egypt. He did invade Egypt, but unsuccessfully. I will primarily use the king James version along with outside sources to argue this. However any translation is welcomed to be used.
abc123cba321

Pro

God made everything.
for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. Colossians 1:16 NLT
Youdontknowjeff

Con

I sincerely hope you accepted intending to debate the topic.
If you do not have an honest rebuttal that will be disappointing. However after this round I will lay out my case.

To reiterate, in Ezekiel 29 God tells Ezekiel that he will give Nebuchadnezzar Egypt for his efforts against tyre. I contend Nebuchadnezzar invaded Egypt unsuccessfully. I am in essence contending the bible is not the inerrant word of god. For this debate however I will confine my essential contention to Ezekiel 29.

Thanks for accepting but please lets have a debate on the topic.
abc123cba321

Pro

abc123cba321 forfeited this round.
abc123cba321

Pro

abc123cba321 forfeited this round.
Youdontknowjeff

Con

I guess there is no debate. No thanks to opponent.
abc123cba321

Pro

abc123cba321 forfeited this round.
Youdontknowjeff

Con

Youdontknowjeff forfeited this round.
abc123cba321

Pro

abc123cba321 forfeited this round.
Posted by Youdontknowjeff 1 year ago
Youdontknowjeff
Accept.
Posted by Youdontknowjeff 1 year ago
Youdontknowjeff
Ezekiel 29:19 specifically says "will give Egypt". If we're are going by normal comprehension when it reads that god will give Nebuchadnezzar egypt thats what it means. I am always amazed how people deny this and go crazy unreasonable with semantics. I'll tell you what, I will set up this debate again for you to except.
Posted by BenD 1 year ago
BenD
"A fragmentary historical document indicates that Nebuchadnezzar actually campaigned in Egypt, subjugating parts of the country during the rule of Amasis, about 568 BC. Naturally, during this campaign, Nebuchadnezzar took massive booty, as predicted by Ezekiel. Ezekiel never prephesied that Nebuchadnezzar would conquer all of Egypt. It says that he will campaign there, taking land and plunder as his reward. Ezekiel 29:19 was in fact fulfilled at that time to the letter."

http://evidenceforchristianity.org...