Did USA Do Better Than Germany During WWII
Debate Rounds (5)
Round 2: Debate (Arguments and Turn-Backs)
Round 3: Debate
Round 4: Debate
Round 5: Turn-Backs ONLY
WWII: A war fought from 1939 to 1945 between the Axis powers " Germany, Italy, and Japan " and the Allies, including France and Britain, and later the Soviet Union and the United States (dictionary.com)
USA: The United States of America, commonly referred to as the United States, America, and sometimes the States, is a federal republic consisting of 50 states and a federal district. (wikipedia)
better: comparative of good and well (google)
Germany: Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany, is a federal parliamentary republic in western-central Europe consisting of 16 constituent states
I accept to debate for the side of Germany did better than the USA during WWII against my future opponent.
Second, Germany occupied 14 countries before falling. That's almost all of Europe. It took almost the rest of the world for German defeat. Germany's allies were not as involved in helping each other as the Allied Powers were. USA wouldn't stand a chance against the rest of the world, after all they failed to defeat Japan (Soviet Union invaded), and before Japan's defeat it was a tight game. If Germany couldn't defeat Japan, they wouldn't stand a chance alone against Germany, Japan, and Italy, much less the rest of the world too. Therefor, prediction wise, Germany did, combat-wise, better.
I have proven that Germany did better with technology, along with attempting world domination. Now it's over my opponent. (I didn't even use half my space, but I will probably use more once I see your arguments).
1. The German never won a single strategic victory against the Americans with every major battle against the Americans Battle of the Bulge, Normandy, or North Africa the Germans were eventually forced to retreat due to over exertion or the realization of futility. I defy you to find a single German victory against the US that set back the United States significantly
2.America had a exponentially greater industrial output which manged to arm a 20 million an army as well as supply a entire country,Britain, for the entire war effort. Germany was only able to support itself and they were doing that just barley. Fuel shortages were frequent in the German military and were often forced to steal from the enemy or abandon their heavy equipment
3. Better strategic planning was exercised by the US as they systematically destroyed the empire that Germany had gained in 1940 with their alliances. Meanwhile the Germans blundered into a 2 front war against the soviets that they could never win a secured alliances that either were next to useless, Italy, or to far away to help,japan. However the US did succeed where Germany failed and managed to fight a two front war in the pacific and in Europe.
4. A famous military line is amateurs think tactics while pros think logistics and no one rivaled the US in supplying their men. While Germany often still relied on horses to move their supplies the US became the worlds first truly mechanized army that always had more supplies then their German counterparts.
5. The Germans failed to effectively mass produce their vehicles effectively and were thus almost always out numbered in terms of tanks, aircraft, and munitions. For instance the Germans produced a mere 300 king tigers in comparison to the 50,000 Sherman tanks. Meanwhile the US completely outclassed the Germans in air power with the P-51 mustang decimating the German air force, B-17s decimating German cities and P-47s destroying German tanks.
1. Germany completely outclassed the Allies with tanks. The Tiger II, a well known tank in history, proved itself overpowered against the Allies. Germany also worked on a project known as wonder weapons, producing the V-1 and V-2 bombs and rockets and much more.
The Germans failed to mass produce their tanks and were thus always outnumbered and they often broke down leaving them at the mercy of American tanks.Meanwhile the V2 though impressive did little to help Germany win the war
2.Germany occupied 14 countries before falling. That's almost all of Europe. It took almost the rest of the world for German defeat
Yes because the french army utterly collapsed but we are not comparing the French armies with the Germans we are comparing Germany and the US
3.USA wouldn't stand a chance against the rest of the world
Hypothetical construct with no evidence to back it up that is not easily refuted
4.after all they failed to defeat Japan (Soviet Union invaded)
Um no the soviets invaded Manchuria after the US had liberated all of the Japanese empire and only a few months before their surrender to the US
5.and before Japan's defeat it was a tight game
It wasn't even close to a tight game for the Japanese had failed to win a strategic victory since 1941
6. If Germany couldn't defeat Japan, they wouldn't stand a chance alone against Germany, Japan, and Italy, much less the rest of the world too. Therefor, prediction wise, Germany did, combat-wise, better.
I have no Idea what you are trying to say here
I challenge my opponent to refute these arguments and I look forward to good debate
bat9581 forfeited this round.
sidewinder forfeited this round.
bat9581 forfeited this round.
bat9581 forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||6|
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.