bat9581
sidewinder

Did USA Do Better Than Germany During WWII

sidewinder

bat9581

Con

Round 1: Acceptance ONLY
Round 2: Debate (Arguments and Turn-Backs)
Round 3: Debate
Round 4: Debate
Round 5: Turn-Backs ONLY

Terms:
WWII: A war fought from 1939 to 1945 between the Axis powers " Germany, Italy, and Japan " and the Allies, including France and Britain, and later the Soviet Union and the United States (dictionary.com)
USA: The United States of America, commonly referred to as the United States, America, and sometimes the States, is a federal republic consisting of 50 states and a federal district. (wikipedia)
better: comparative of good and well (google)
Germany: Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany, is a federal parliamentary republic in western-central Europe consisting of 16 constituent states

I accept to debate for the side of Germany did better than the USA during WWII against my future opponent.
sidewinder

Pro

I accept this debate
bat9581

Con

First, I will get into technology. Germany completely outclassed the Allies with tanks. The Tiger II, a well known tank in history, proved itself overpowered against the Allies.[1] Germany also worked on a project known as wonder weapons, producing the V-1 and V-2 bombs and rockets and much more.[2]
Second, Germany occupied 14 countries before falling. That's almost all of Europe. It took almost the rest of the world for German defeat. Germany's allies were not as involved in helping each other as the Allied Powers were.[3] USA wouldn't stand a chance against the rest of the world, after all they failed to defeat Japan (Soviet Union invaded), and before Japan's defeat it was a tight game. If Germany couldn't defeat Japan, they wouldn't stand a chance alone against Germany, Japan, and Italy, much less the rest of the world too. Therefor, prediction wise, Germany did, combat-wise, better.
I have proven that Germany did better with technology, along with attempting world domination. Now it's over my opponent. (I didn't even use half my space, but I will probably use more once I see your arguments).

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]http://armedforcesmuseum.com...
[3]http://www.funtrivia.com...
sidewinder

Pro

I'm going to start this debate with my points first
1. The German never won a single strategic victory against the Americans with every major battle against the Americans Battle of the Bulge, Normandy, or North Africa the Germans were eventually forced to retreat due to over exertion or the realization of futility. I defy you to find a single German victory against the US that set back the United States significantly
2.America had a exponentially greater industrial output which manged to arm a 20 million an army as well as supply a entire country,Britain, for the entire war effort. Germany was only able to support itself and they were doing that just barley. Fuel shortages were frequent in the German military and were often forced to steal from the enemy or abandon their heavy equipment
3. Better strategic planning was exercised by the US as they systematically destroyed the empire that Germany had gained in 1940 with their alliances. Meanwhile the Germans blundered into a 2 front war against the soviets that they could never win a secured alliances that either were next to useless, Italy, or to far away to help,japan. However the US did succeed where Germany failed and managed to fight a two front war in the pacific and in Europe.
4. A famous military line is amateurs think tactics while pros think logistics and no one rivaled the US in supplying their men. While Germany often still relied on horses to move their supplies the US became the worlds first truly mechanized army that always had more supplies then their German counterparts.
5. The Germans failed to effectively mass produce their vehicles effectively and were thus almost always out numbered in terms of tanks, aircraft, and munitions. For instance the Germans produced a mere 300 king tigers in comparison to the 50,000 Sherman tanks. Meanwhile the US completely outclassed the Germans in air power with the P-51 mustang decimating the German air force, B-17s decimating German cities and P-47s destroying German tanks.

onto rebuttals

1. Germany completely outclassed the Allies with tanks. The Tiger II, a well known tank in history, proved itself overpowered against the Allies.[1] Germany also worked on a project known as wonder weapons, producing the V-1 and V-2 bombs and rockets and much more.[2]

The Germans failed to mass produce their tanks and were thus always outnumbered and they often broke down leaving them at the mercy of American tanks.Meanwhile the V2 though impressive did little to help Germany win the war

2.Germany occupied 14 countries before falling. That's almost all of Europe. It took almost the rest of the world for German defeat

Yes because the french army utterly collapsed but we are not comparing the French armies with the Germans we are comparing Germany and the US

3.USA wouldn't stand a chance against the rest of the world

Hypothetical construct with no evidence to back it up that is not easily refuted

4.after all they failed to defeat Japan (Soviet Union invaded)

Um no the soviets invaded Manchuria after the US had liberated all of the Japanese empire and only a few months before their surrender to the US

5.and before Japan's defeat it was a tight game

It wasn't even close to a tight game for the Japanese had failed to win a strategic victory since 1941

6. If Germany couldn't defeat Japan, they wouldn't stand a chance alone against Germany, Japan, and Italy, much less the rest of the world too. Therefor, prediction wise, Germany did, combat-wise, better.

I have no Idea what you are trying to say here

Concussions
I challenge my opponent to refute these arguments and I look forward to good debate

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
http://fortune.com...
bat9581

Con

bat9581 forfeited this round.
sidewinder

Pro

sidewinder forfeited this round.
bat9581

Con

bat9581 forfeited this round.
sidewinder

Pro

Sorry for missing the last round I live in New England and the Blizzard took my power out. Anyway seeing as my opponent has yet to respond I extend my arguments from the past arrgument
bat9581

Con

bat9581 forfeited this round.
sidewinder

Pro

I extend my arguments please vote for me
Posted by bat9581 2 years ago
bat9581
Better is in the terms I posted in round 1. So basically looking at everything war related. Technology, kill ratio, etc.
Posted by DiogenestheDog 2 years ago
DiogenestheDog
Describe doing 'better?' Kill ratio? Germans win hands down then. But if they 'did better' how come their country ended up defeated and in ruins?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
bat9581sidewinderTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture