us
kitkatelin

Did the supreme court have the right to decide for states on gay marriage

kitkatelin

us

Con

I am against the decision for the supreme courts decision to allow gay marriage because it is unconstitutional and not right for them to take the power away from the states or the citizens.
kitkatelin

Pro

In America we have a Supreme Court, people who make the major decisions for our country that we as ordinary people can't decide. Gay marriage has been a question tossed in the Supreme Court's face so many times it might as well be boring, but it isn't. In America people have harassed those who have wanted to love someone of the same gender, but why? We are afraid to open ourselves up to change, we can't handle making the decision of whether or not to allow gay marriage in our FREE country. So the Supreme Court made the decision for us. They weren't taking away our rights but telling us that the people who decide someone of the same gender also have rights and we can't discriminate someone against their life choices. In the constitution it states that every has rights and equality yet people believe that because they are white or black, Hispanic or American, or gay or straight that those differences decide the amount of right and equality they get in this country and it is unfair to let an ignorant person decide someone else's fate. The Supreme Court had every right to let someone express themselves through another person they love and you can pout and argue about it all you want but it doesn't change the fact that everyone who enters our borders and is deemed a citizen have rights. They have the rights to love whoever they want whenever they want and they have the right to stand up to people like you who put them down because they are different. Difference isn't a scary thing it is something that we should embrace as human beings, we are all different. All the Supreme Court did was embrace those people's difference. Thank you.
us

Con

Now you do have an excellent point but the Constitution dose in fact state that We the people of the United States not. We the nine people of the United States. Majority rules in the US so what ever a decision like this is worth needs to be decided by the citizens no matter how fair or unfair it is and besides knowing how many gays and people that are for gays are now a days gay marriage might have been voted in several new states. Next this is a free nation which should give every right as an American to vote on such decisions that could effect our country. In the 11th amendment it states that the Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State. This pretty much sums it all up that the Supreme court was in the wrong to allow gay marriage and not all American have harassed people for being gay some have actually were proud of them. The American public can also make their own decisions which gay marriage is one of them our founding fathers expected us to do this and they also built this country on marriage between a man and a woman. Now for the final thing the gays can love who they want before the decision happened it just was that they couldn't get married and in today's world if they cared about their marriage so much then the people who wouldn't give them the marriage license wouldn't be sued by the gays. Couldn't they just go somewhere else that would allow their marriage to be in progress.
kitkatelin

Pro

Majority can rule against gay marriage all they want that doesn't mean they are right. The Supreme Court is made up of people who care about others and their happiness because they are the people who aren't sexist, racist, or stereotypical. The country was built on the basis of marriage between a man and woman but this country and the people in it have changed. Some have developed feelings for people of the same sex but the stereotype that a man can't be with a man and woman can't be with a woman has held them back from showing the love in the best possible way, marriage. The Supreme Court has opened up that right to those who are gay, you don't have to like it but that's the thing you can't do anything about it. You don't have to open your arms for the gay population but you do have to respect those who have made the decision to open their arms and you especially have to respect those who want to love the same sex. Marriage is the best possible way to express your love with someone, it symbolizes that you give your heart to someone for the rest of your life and that they are your one and only and in America we have taken that right away from people who are gay and it is wrong. How would you like if I told you that you couldn't marry someone you love because the American population is stereotypical and that you get judged because of it? Americans took away the right for gays to marry and the Supreme Court has given it back to them, they have saved some people's lives. Did you know that some gay people have gotten so depressed that they can't be with the person they love because of stereotypes and ignorant people that they have killed themselves? It is sad that some people can't open up their hearts to these special people but I did and I hope that you read this that you have a new perspective on the world. Thank you.
us

Con

Now it dose not mean the Supreme Court was right either because this is an opinion between them and the public of the US and the Supreme Court dose not care about happiness by god if they did they would have taken in account of people who didn't like this at all. The Supreme Court is not made of perfect because I didn't hear about them looking at both sides on how this would effect the others who didn't want this. I don't like gay marriage but long ago I stopped caring about them my religion states where there going so I don't care about them but when I am not allowed to vote because nine people decide to take my right away and put it to use to something that I am against then I have a VERY big problem wasn't I given my unalienable rights to vote when this country was formed. Now you ask me how I would like it if I was told that I couldn't get married because America is stereotypical and I get judged for it well the answer to your question is I would do it anyway I don't care what people think about me I will get married to someone I love and nothing can stop me because in your question you didn't say that it was a law that was put into order that I couldn't get married because the American public is stereotypical. Next I have a question for you what if the Supreme Court lets just say wanted to kill a thousand innocent people in America but the American public dose not want this to happen. Which would you choose the Supreme Court votes on this or the American public. Now you say that the American public is stereotypical, do you honestly believe all of the Americans are stereotypical and the Supreme Court is not? For the next to final thing the gays that kill themselves as you say because of depression are completely stupid I am sorry but if they will kill themselves when they get to have giant parades in streets and they can their rights that were promised to them except for marriage then that is up right ignorant. Gays get to show their love in public all the time but apparently you must not see it. Now for the final thing I will quote my self from the last round if gays cared about marriage then they can go somewhere else that allows their marriage instead of going out and suing the people who wouldn't give them the license and you don't need a license or marriage to show love you have it between you and the person you love. Thank you for reading this.
kitkatelin

Pro

kitkatelin forfeited this round.
us

Con

I am just going to make this a short argument because I have a lot of work to do. The Supreme Court cannot decide for people who want or don't want gay marriage this is for the people to decide upon. Now you say back along time ago in round one that the Supreme Court gave gays rights and I am here right now to denounce that. The Supreme Court legalized their marriage, gays already have had rights heck they have Civil rights you cant even deny a purchase from a gay unless you want to be sued or for it to be considered a hate crime by your peers. Now you say this throughout your arguments saying that we the American people took their rights this is wrong the government did that not the citizens. Since you didn't post your last argument I would like you, if you do post to answer my question not dodge it and move to another thing, I answered your now you answer mine. For the final thing I would like to bring up this again I know that I ended on this in my last argument but I feel like it must be brought back in to it again. Now I said in the last round that marriage dose not mean anything if you love somebody this in my opinion is true I know a few gays some are friends and I saw that their wasn't much care about marriage with them and this proves my point you don't need a license to marry if you love someone you do indeed have love between you and you r partner no matter which gender that might be and this is quote what you said "marriage is the best possible way to express your love to someone. If you think this is true then that is your problem but I don't as you can see. Thank you for reading this have a nice day.
kitkatelin

Pro

kitkatelin forfeited this round.
us

Con

us forfeited this round.
kitkatelin

Pro

kitkatelin forfeited this round.
Posted by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
The tenants of the Constitution would make it unconstitutional not to legalize same sex marriage. To say that marriage is only between a man and a woman is a religious based ideal. Marriage is an institution that's evolved over millenniums. Religion was once the political establishment within a culture in history that defined marriage; this not the case in the US. In context of the Constitution to prevent same sex marriage would deny ones pursuit of happiness and liberty.
In ancient times a man could have several wives. This precept was constructed to ensure a son or sons reached an age where they could inherit familiar wealth and titles. Infant mortality and death during child birth was commonplace. Women could not in inherit. This is not the case in the US. As health, nutrition and mortality decreased the norm became one female spouse at a time.
From a scientific view, homosexuality is a naturally occurring event within mammalian populations which we are a part. Research conducted among animals and isolated human populations has deduced that restricted food resources along with societal hierarchy pressures create homosexuals (evolution of beneficial traits) as a means to lessen population growth impacts on natural resources and limit deaths of productive members of a group that might otherwise occur from the competition of reproductive aged females. In context of a globe with 7 billion, many of which are starving, along with rapid global warning that will exacerbate this situation; one can conclude that homosexuality will rise.
Personally, allowing of gay individuals to marry does not impact my personal pursuit of life, liberty or happiness. So homosexuals can pursue their own destinies and life that they deem personally fulfilling. Gay marriage does not infringe upon my religious beliefs. My faith is exchanged and confined within members of my religious community. It is not to be imposed upon others who do not have the same belief system.
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
I agree.
Posted by us 1 year ago
us
I stopped caring about gay marriage i just wanted to do a debate that I can hopefully win don't get me wrong I don't gay marriage but I just wanted to prove a point that nine people cannot control us.
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
I would accept, but I'm against gay marriage
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
I think congress should of created a new amendment, allowing gay marriage. The 14th Amendment doesn't really allow gay marriage, even if you want to look at it from a liberal perspective. I do support gay marriage though.
Vote Placed by Dill777 1 year ago
Dill777
uskitkatelinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro does not help his argument by forfeiting several rounds, however Con's arguments are so poor that I have to vote Pro. Apparently Con doesn't understand the founders' stance on the tyranny of the majority, and how they built this nation with safeguards against it.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
uskitkatelinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff more rounds, so conduct to Con.