Diet pills should be banned

Hello everyone! I am new to so I apologize for any mistakes.

I would like to propose a debate on the idea of diet pills.
Nowadays diet pills became more and more popular. The testimonial on a leading diet website is gushing: "I lost all the weight I wanted and then more - now I really love my body!" Most people believe all you have to do is take a pill and magically the weight will disappear. Considering they do more bad than good for a person, there is no question that the pills should be banned.

Hi ! I am also new here! ^^

>>Diet pills are made for those people who want to lose weight easily, it means that it also needs an exercise and proper diet. It is not directly said that taking in diet pills will automatically lose the weight you desire to lose

Nowadays diet pills became more and more popular.
>>It became popular because many people witnessed on how effective pills are.

"I lost all the weight I wanted and then more - now I really love my body!" Most people believe all you have to do is take a pill and magically the weight will disappear.
>>As I have said, taking in pills will need an exercise and proper diet and I think that it is indicated or whether told by the doctor, because stupid people will not take those pills whenever they want to. We all know that everything is interconnected to another thing, simply means you can do a thing successfully if you will do it with some help.

Considering they do more bad than good for a person, there is no question that the pills should be banned.
>>How do you say so that they do bad more than good, it's not their fault to take those medicines maybe because it will help them a lot and you don't care about it, even a little, because those medicines affect their own bodies NOT YOURS!

I'd like to welcome my opponent and wish him luck.

Okay, you are sure that if person will take diet pills and do some exercises will lose a weight easily....but why no one thinks that it cause different consequenses?

First of all, Ingredients in a Diet Pill
Taking a closer look at the ingredients used in the average diet pill, you can be sure to find caffeine in almost every diet pill on the market. There are other ingredients such as Ephedrine, which is one of the appetite suppressants, and Synephrin. Side effects include increased heart rate and blood pressure, insomnia, dizziness and headaches.
Then, it's very easy to buy!
Anyone, at any age, is permitted to buy this product. Man and women, don't take into consideration that weight loss pills are dangerous and may not work. They just buy a bottle of something that promises them quick results.
And of course, side effects.
In general, you can expect headaches, dizziness, nervousness, dry mouth, vomiting, diarrhea. In more serious cases, increased blood pressure and heart rate, heart attack, stroke, and heart failure are possibilities.

You also said that there are some witnessed on how effective pills are...who? Just an advertising! Someone want to lose weight? Why nowadays people become so lazy? Is it impossible to get your fat butt up off the couch, and get away from your computer?! People should go outside and walk around the block. They should try to do this each and every day until it doesn"t make them tired, then should increase their walk to two blocks. Try to add more fruit and nuts to the daily diet (apples, bananas, and almonds) and also drink plenty of water. After all that, you will find that you never needed those stupid diet pills in the first place.
And you might even end up liking yourself))

THANK YOU !! So as you ^^

I didn't say SOME, I said regular exercises. How stupid those people who take it that they don't even know that it must take time and I think everything, anything needs a time to be work or to see the result, you know there's nothing quick here on earth, be realistic! Everything here on earth needs time to focus and to be studied, just like those pills, it takes time to work and I will repeat(I think you have studied biology already, and you know this) EVERYTHING IS INTERCONNECTED TO EACH OTHER. The issue about the consequences, For your information MADAM, everything even a little termite has its own NEGATIVE and POSITIVE side, just like those pills, why should you take those pills if you know that you'll die ? Think about it.

First is Caffeine, Parkinson's Diseased is caused by the loss of brain cells that produce a chemical messenger called dopamine. According to a researcher from the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, people who drink coffee or consume caffeine regularly have a lower risk of developing Parkinson's disease, and they MIGHT lose weight because the pills they are taking in use caffeine as one of the ingredients. :) And for your information Caffeine also seems to protect human brain cells. FYI again, caffeine which is in the diet pills REDUCES RISK OF LIVER DAMAGE, PAIN RELIEVER. So what's bad to caffeine ?

Ephedrine, that's why its name was DIET PILL because it helps you think that you must not eat and that's the purpose of Ephedrine which is an appetite suppressants, use your common sense please. Do you think they will include an ingredient that helps you think YOU MUST EAT a lot ?! HELLo ?!

Lastly, synephrine. Synephrine is very safe and although there are countless papers and articles pointing to the oddball adverse effect, the millions of doses of synephrine make it extraordinarily safe as a dietary supplement. It's estimated that over 100 million doses of synephrine containing drinks and supplements have been taken since it's introduction as a dietary supplement in the 90′s. The law specifically says that a product must be "reasonably expected to be safe". Any question about synephrine ??

May I ask, do you study biology or even values education ? because you don't know that everything has its own bad and good effects. Sigh. Don't you know that pills are not taken REGULARLY, now you know! At any age ? Of course not ! Even a year old child can buy and take it ? even 72 year old man can buy it ?! Of course it has its limitations and pills are only recommended by doctors and those who don't have any prescription and you can ONLY buy those pills at DRUG STORES not in the streets- I don't know if you buy something on streets.

PILLS help with PROPER DIET and REGULAR EXERCISE, to shut you up.

Of course, anything needs a time to be work or to see the result...However, in a desire to have a slim, beautiful body people often forget about their health! Our health is more important!

These diet pills work by blocking and removing the fat you eat from your intestines. That can't be good.
Also they can habit-forming. As I mentioned, each pills containing amphetamine, (which still used to loose weight) and synephrine. You lose weight by burning more calories than you intake. Amphetamines cause weight loss by supressing the diet and increasing the heart rate.

What else...Despite the fact that the manufacturers of sports nutrition will present synephrine as completely safe component, in reality it is not so. Sinefrin has few side effects, especially when combined with other stimulant substances such as caffeine etc.
In general sinefrin has the same side effects as ephedrine, which may suggest that synephrine is a weak analog of ephedrine.
This is the wrong way to use this powerful drug. Effects on the body are unpredictable. This stuff can cause the burning away of muscle tissue.

Then, don't compare a year old child (who is too young to understand) and a 72 year old man or women (who sitting in front of TV and watching to much advertising!)....or you are so sure that they did't want to try it too?! Limitations?! I don't think so... In our country, there's no need for doctor's prescription to buy this diet pills! Any pharmacy offers a huge HUGE selection of these CAN FIND IT EVERYWHERE, just have some money!

But let's turn to our topic...If you want a nice body, you need to actually work at it. It means going to the gym and eating a balanced diet. Why peole don't want to understand that weight loss starts in the kitchen. If you're serious
about it, then you need to be serious about what you eat.

ronald_debate forfeited this round.

As I said, I believe that this pills are a waste of time and money. I read that seven women have died due to the toxicity of the substance. Also , they could effect all organs in the body and cause some mental problems.
I had a friend who take diet pills. During a week she drunk 6-7 pills a day. She was taking them and had a nervous tic, her hands were shaking. It was so awful to watch what was happing to her. In the end, she was put in a psychiatric hospital.
There is a kind of example what diet pills can do with a person! Of course, if someone wants to pump chemicals into their bodies, who am I to stop them? I mean, if they really WANT all those side effects that come with those stupid pills, they shall continue! That's what makes this great - the right ti stupid.

ronald_debate forfeited this round.

So, as I said some lifestyle changes is all thats required. There is no quick fix when it comes to losing weight. Not all advertisements are true. Even if you lose weight quickly, it will be not good for your body. There is no need to take a diet pills at all, when you have healthy food and a pair of running shoes. Especially when you know, what kind of ingredients are present in it and what may happen later. Finally, there is no question that diet pills should be banned!

ronald_debate forfeited this round.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
F*cking A, it just deleted my whole RFD.

Pros arguments came down to three points.
1) There are other ways to lose weight
2) The ingredients in Diet pills are bad for you
3) They do more harm then good

The first argument about how there are other ways to lose weight does not come close to justifying why diet pills should be banned, there are multiple ways to commute to work but that doesnt mean that cars should be banned just because they are quick and easy. It is worth mentioning that some people naturally cannot lose weight even if they try all the things that the Pro mentioned making diet pills a good alternative.

The second argument about the ingredients also failed to justify banning diet pills. Take regular Table Salt for an example, Sodium and Chloride. Those two substances by themselves are HORRIBLE to humans and could easily prove lethal in small doses, however when you combine them, chemical reactions alter their properties and instead turn them into a substance that is beneficial and even necessary to good health. Thus this argument falls short of arguing why Diet Pills should be banned

Her last argument is that diet pills cause more harm than good, but since she provided absolutely no evidence to reinforce this claim it just makes this her opinion, nothing more.

Final verdict: If Pro was arguing that diet pills arent necessary to lose weight, then she would have won. But she was arguing that Diet pills should be banned, and she feel way short of meeting her BOP, so arguments go to the con. Conduct to the pro though since the con did forfeit the last three rounds

Rating: 1 out of 4 stars
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Pro if you are looking to debate this topic again....I'm in
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
I wish I could have taken this....
Posted by Danielle 4 years ago
Let's see who n00b snipes this.
Vote Placed by FREEDO 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: see comments section for why I voted this way