crapcarp
renji_abarai

Digimon would beat Pokemon, hands down!

renji_abarai

crapcarp

Pro

This is my very first debate, how exciting! Personally, I'd rather challenge someone else's debate because I'm starting out, but since there are no debates in the challenge period that I can accept at the moment I'm making this debate, I will have to settle making my own.

For clarification, this debate is arguing over which multi-species would win if they all fought. Not whether which franchise is better, more popular, or whatever. This is about the capabilities of the creatures themselves and nothing else. I am arguing that all the digimon would defeat all the pokemon, so the opponent will have to argue the opposite.

The first round will be our introduction arguments, so this means that my opponent should NOT counter-argue any of the points I have made within this round. Instead, make your own introduction argument. Think of the first rounds as our opening statements. Rounds 2-4 will be response rounds. This is where we MUST respond to the others arguments with our own. The final round shall be our conclusion arguments. Much like the first round, we do NOT respond to each others arguments. Instead we will give our own arguments to address the voters as a closing statement. Now with all the boring bits outta the way, I'll get cracking with my introduction argument:

The entire digimon multi-species would defeat the entire pokemon multi-species if they were to fight each other to the death. The reason behind this is simple: Digimon are far stronger than pokemon. Several digimon have far stronger power levels than the most powerful of pokemon. Some digimon have unfathomable might, whereas even the most powerful pokemon of all can be outsmarted by a 10-year-old using a Rattata(a small purple rat) at level 1. There's no contest here.

Let's consider the evolution lines of Agumon(a yellow, fire-breathing bipedal lizard) and Charmander(a red, fire-breathing bipedal lizard). Agumon and Charmander are similar in strength and fighting capabilities, and have advantages over each other. Agumon has huge claws for hands as opposed to Charmander's tiny arms and hands. Charmander has a resistance to fire which Agumon doesn't. They also evolve into more powerful forms. Charmander has two evolution forms ahead of him, the first one being Charmeleon and the last being Charizard. Agumon has three forms, which are(in order) Greymon, MetalGreymon, and finally WarGreymon. Charizard is about as strong as Greymon(indicating that digimon evolution is usually more powerful than pokemon) and they too have advantages over each other. Charizard can fly as opposed to the grounded Greymon, however, Greymon has far more physical and fire breath strength. But Greymon has a great advantage to Charizard: Greymon can evolve much further, and thus become far stronger than Charizard ever could. Charizard's advantages pales in comparison to Greymon's more powerful forms, especially considering that Charizard's advantages would be immediately lost when Greymon evolved, as MetalGreymon can fly. Not only that, but MetalGreymon can fire two missiles, a power no pokemon has.

Speaking of weapons, several digimon have weapons at their disposal, something that no pokemon has. In fact, some digimon ARE weapons, like Revolvemon and Bommon(guess which weapons they are). Digimon that have nukes that can cause mass destruction are commonplace, whereas pokemon have very few powers that allow them such mass destruction, and those pokemon are amongst the strongest.

Finally, there's tactics. Pokemon need the guidance of their trainers to fight to their highest potential. On the other hand, there are several digimon who can fight perfectly well on their own without the help of humans. Since this is a fight involving ONLY the two multi-species, pokemon are at severe disadvantage. In conclusion, pokemon just have no chance against digimon.

Thanks in advance to the brave soul who wants to debate with me. I look forward to it.
renji_abarai

Con

I agree to your rules crapcarp.

other than that

crapcarp

Pro

Next time Con, please stick to the original rules to the debate you're accepting for they are part of your challenge. I will only let it slide this time because 1) this is my first debate on this site and 2) it gives me the advantage to make arguments ahead of you.

With that outta the way, time for additional points to my introduction argument.

Digimon do not die, at least not in the true sense. Rather they turn into digieggs where they hatch from to be born again. Pokemon, on the other hand, permanently die. This gives another huge advantage to digimon, as they can practically respawn if any of them are killed(I say "if" because pokemon would be extremely hard-pressed to defeat a lot of digimon, especailly the stronger ones).

Plus, pokemon have several element weaknesses that digimon can fully exploit. Sure, the pokemon also have resistences and immunities, but some digimon would be aware of such, as some digimon would probably study the pokemon from a distance to look for potential weaknesses(which pokemon have a ton of). Once exploited, these weaknesses practically render pokemon helpless, as using a decent move of the proper element can more often than not bring any pokemon down in one hit. What's more is that some of the more powerful digimon have elemental moves that can sweep across a huge open field, like ShineGreymon's Glorious Burst.

Finally, there's this guy!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net...

His name is BanchoLeomon. Both Chuck Norris and Kenshiro COMBINED pale in comparison to this guy. Why? Well, amongst other things, he was able to hold TWO. F***ING. WORLDS from colliding with each other at an immense speed. Can any pokemon do that? No? Didn't think so.

Now over to you Con.
renji_abarai

Con

renji_abarai forfeited this round.
crapcarp

Pro

crapcarp forfeited this round.
renji_abarai

Con

renji_abarai forfeited this round.
crapcarp

Pro

crapcarp forfeited this round.
renji_abarai

Con

Sorry for not posting this long. I have been really busy. Anyway, he is pointing out specific Pokémon and is avoiding the legendaries, but since he has specifically chosen a select few Pokémon, I shall use my own select Pokémon. Arceus for example can creating universe's out of nothing and can change his type. Arceus can turn back time and make time go forward, he can bend space to his will and can control light and darkness well. He created Darkrai, Cresselia, Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina and every Pokémon. I am sure that if there was such a digimon, Arceus would turn back time to when he wasn't born and bend space putting it in another dimension. He can trap digimon in endless nightmares.

Grammar mistakes

"Charmander has a resistance to fire which Agumon doesn't. "
~ A comma must be put after fire to be grammatically correct

"Much like the first round, we do NOT respond to each others arguments."
~ you must put an apostrophe in others

"This gives another huge advantage to digimon, as they can practically respawn if any of them are killed(I say "if" because Pokémon would be extremely hard-pressed to defeat a lot of digimon, especailly the stronger ones)."
~ He spelled especailly wrong. It must be spelled especially.

There are more grammar mistakes, but I will refrain from saying them all since there are a lot.

Rebuttals

My opponent has said that "Both Chuck Norris and Kenshiro COMBINED pale in comparison to this guy. Why? Well, amongst other things, he was able to hold TWO. F***ING. WORLDS from colliding with each other at an immense speed. Can any Pokémon do that? No? Didn't think so."

Arceus created two alternate dimensions, created More than one universe and has created every Pokémon alive so I am sure that stopping two worlds from colliding isn't that big of a deal.

My opponent has said "Plus, Pokémon have several element weaknesses that digimon can fully exploit. Sure, the Pokémon also have resistances and immunities, but some digimon would be aware of such, as some digimon would probably study the Pokémon from a distance to look for potential weaknesses(which Pokémon have a ton of)."

Arceus can turn into any type he wants so he can easily fend of any weakness present in his current form. If that is too much, he can turn into his ultimate form which is a combo of all the types and yet he will not have any weaknesses.

My opponent has stated "Some digimon have unfathomable might, whereas even the most powerful Pokémon of all can be outsmarted by a 10-year-old using a Rattata(a small purple rat) at level 1. There's no contest here."

He is referring to playing the Pokémon games such as Pokémon emerald or Pokémon silver. You are controlling the Pokémon therefore you are outsmarting the legendary in the game and not the Pokémon. If it were real life though, Arceus being legendary, and wise can easily fast pause time and easily dispose of a rattata if they where fighting in the real world of Pokémon.

My opponent has said "Finally, there's tactics. Pokémon need the guidance of their trainers to fight to their highest potential. On the other hand, there are several digimon who can fight perfectly well on their own without the help of humans. Since this is a fight involving ONLY the two multi-species, Pokémon are at severe disadvantage. In conclusion, Pokémon just have no chance against digimon."

Many Pokémon can fight really well without trainers and even better than their trainers Pokémon. For example, In the Sinnoh region, Buizel was able to continuously defeat Ash's and Dawn's Pokémon until he was finally caught. Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, etc... can fight to their full extent without trainers.

Also, I am not a brave "soul", I am a human who has challenged you.

I have rebutted my opponents arguments so now they are all void and I proved his grammar mistakes.
crapcarp

Pro

Phew! I thought you were gonna give up for quite the while. Better late than never I suppose. Anyways, on with my argument. *cracks knuckles*

Looks like Con is going for the big one: Arceus. They always go for Arceus. I suppose it makes sense, he is a powerful god afterall. Only problem with that is: Arceus is the peak of the pokemon multi-species. Thus, if any digimon could defeat him, they could defeat any and all pokemon. That they most certainly can. Con doesn't seem to take into account that there are digimon gods. Yes, gods, plural. Gods who are just as powerful, if not more so than Arceus is. They can do everything Arceus can and better. ZeedMilleniummon can create an infinite ammount of pocket dimensions and collapse them instantly. Chronomon can manipulate time(as his name suggests). So it simply comes down to a case of numbers. It's one god versus many, and they're just as powerful as each other. And since Arceus is the best pokemon around, it looks like digimon would still win.

By the way Con, while I do wish to improve my grammer and spelling, using my mistakes as a way to argue your case was rather stupid, to put it mildly. This debate isn't about our grammer or spelling, but rather about our arguments to the topic at hand. I suppose the only reason why you pointed them out was a simple, yet ineffective tactic out of desperation.
renji_abarai

Con

Thank you pro for your interesting argument and even though your new to DDO, your debating skills are quite amazing leading me to imply that that you are an excellent debater outside of DDO as well.

It's one god versus many, and they're just as powerful as each other.

Just because you think there are more Digimon gods and they are stronger does not assure you 100% that there are more digimon gods than pokemon gods and they are stronger than all the pokemon gods. Since you are using multiple gods, I shall as well. Since Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Suicune, Entei, Raiku, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Darkrai, Cresselia, Ho-oh, Lugia, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Mew, Mewtwo, Latios, Latias, Heatran, Manaphy, Phione, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Regigigas, Celebi, Reshiram, Zekrom, Genesect, Jirachi, Shaymin, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, and all their shadow counterparts from Gale of Darkness definitely outnumber the digimon, I am sure I have the power of sheer number and strategy. There are 96 Pokemon gods including their shadow counterparts. There are 5 Digimon gods and if you include there shadow counterparts which I am sure there are none, there would be 10. Pokemon gods to Digimon gods, 96:10, including shadow counterparts.

Now that I proved sheer numbers, I shall prove strategy which overpowers brute strength. Arceus and Dialga can both can freeze time rendering the digimon helpless since they cannot move and then each one can be blasted with the strongest move known from each Pokemon god. After each digimon god has turned into a digimon egg, They can blast that egg each day so they can
never come out again. Another scenario is Arceus and Dilaga can both turn back time so they are in their eggs and they will be helpless. Victini can greatly enhance every pokemon's strength and every pokemon from the pokemon world can be called up to battle alongside the gods. Since you did not say that you will be using every digimon from the Digimon world, the only ones you will be using are the ones you have specified in this debate so far, but I have called upon every pokemon now and if my 649 Pokemon which are at level 100, were to battle your 29 digimon, I am sure the pokemon would win. Since you also did not specify what condition they will be in when they fight, I shall specify that the Digimon shall be in their worst condition possible while the Pokemon are in the best condition possible and are affected by Victini's power which makes them much stronger.

This was your last argument and it was your trump card since you had this argument left and I refuted it completely. I pointed out your grammar and spelling mistakes for the grammar/spelling points and I refuted your arguments leaving a few of mine still standing which you have not refuted. Also, per the title of this debate, "Digimon would beat Pokemon, hands down!" I am
assuming that there hands are down therefore Zhuqiaomon cannot use his hands and since the majority of my pokemon do not have hands but four legs and feet, I once again sill stand with sheer numbers as I can still stop time thus stopping you in your tracks. I would hope that you had a little more manners and woudn't call my argument for pointing out your spelling/grammar mistakes
"stupid". Also, I do not debate out of desperation crapcarp nor do I think anyone would debate out of desperation. I would think Conduct would be taken off as I have not used words like that nor have I accused him of "desperate" arguments.

Other than what I said above, you are definitely a great debater and I had a great time debating in the final two rounds. I wish you good luck on your future debates and hope you succeed. I am sorry for not being to post until the last round as I was extremely busy and I coudn't get any free time. Once again, good luck in your future debates crapcarp.

1.
http://digimon.wikia.com...

(Digimon gods)

2.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...

(Pokemon gods excluding their shadow counterparts)

3. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(Pok%C3%A9mon)

(Dialga)

4. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
(Shadow Pokemon)

Posted by Digitallover12 3 years ago
Digitallover12
They say one god against many it is true but ......
Pokemon that you told about ( Suicune, Entei Raikou moltres zapdos articuno etc) arent gods the main ones are gods like Groudon kyogre rayquaza giratina dialga and palkia etc and they aren't gods only arceus is
how
Palkia dialga giratina = Mythical pokemon
Groudon kyogre rayquaza = Embodiments of Matter
Ho oh and lugia = Polar opposites
Azelf Uxie mespirit = embodiment of Nature
Arceus = God
Mew = Shapeshifting pokemon
Mewtwo= a Project
You think they are gods but they are just spoken in legends thy never did anything except arceus Weather trio and Creation trio
and Weather and Creation Trion arent even gods they are myths and Embodiments
So after all the time you wasted on arguing about it , It leaves Just arceus
and if you talk about the new ones like zekrom reshiram or kyurem they are just Uber pokemon not gods
so As FOr DIGIMONS
The Celestial Digimon, Seraphimon, Cherubimon, and Ophanimon =Celestial Gods
Lucemon = chaos god
There are many gods in digimon but i mentioned a few and KNOW WHAT THEY CAN SOLO POKEMON EASILY WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT
And you cant Forget king DRAZIL the Digi god and maker of DIGIWORLD he could easily wipe out pokemon from existance
Posted by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
Well, it seems my hope was not met. It seems to me renji_abarai is currently not interested in debating.
Multi_Pyrocytophage
This should be an interesting debate. I hope renji does not forfeit.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Ikr? I saw the pic and I was like, ccat much? :3
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
Stealing my style -___-
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
I totally agree. Digimon is better than Pokemon. Its like pokemon but has uber digimon. :)
Posted by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
Also, I do not debate in the first round. The first round is usually for statung rules so I will only debate in the second round onwards.
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 5 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
crapcarprenji_abaraiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gets arguments for his refutation. Conduct is tied because both forfeited two rounds. Sources goes to Con because he used more sources
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
crapcarprenji_abaraiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Hmm. Con made superior arguments, coupled with better sources, but loses his conduct do to what he did in the last round. I can somewhat understand why he did it, since both sides FF'd a lot.
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
crapcarprenji_abaraiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Hmm, I do feel Con made the better arguments here. He showed, in the last round, how the Pokemon would be able to win. However, Con did have more grammar mistakes, and did use semantics in the final round. However, he did have more sources.
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
crapcarprenji_abaraiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Right, well, this was very disappointing on Con's part. He would have won this debate had he not done the following: posted sources in the last round, created new arguments in the last round, used semantics on his opponent (in the last round), and point out Pro's grammar and spelling mistakes when Con had a plethora of his own.