agamattnon
Babydoll2697

Discrimination should be stopped immediately

agamattnon

Pro

Discrimination is a very popular 'disease' right now. It can hurt one's feeling leading to severe depression ,death, etc. People around the world discriminates friends,elders,etc.
Babydoll2697

Con

It is true that discrimination should be stopped, but I tend to disagree. For one, discrimination is a sort of motivation that some people use. For example: someone might discriminate another for acting or behaving in a certain way. This in turn makes the victim think about his actions and who knows, might even change.
agamattnon

Pro

Rebuttals: It is true that it can be used as a motivation but people nowadays are so sensitive, so if you try discriminating them , they might react in the most stupid way. Ex. A mother disciminates her child being lazy , this child may overreact and try to suicide because the child may think that his/her mother does not like him/her anymore. Sometimes the people you discriminate may think that you are trying to be more superior than them leading to trouble or let's say that you just discriminated a mental person and since these people think differently they may think that you are pranking them or etc.

Let me now start with arguements,
"Before you judge someone else, look at yourself "
Whenever we discriminate, we just say the words that we want to say without even thinking if it was the right thing to say. Trust me I'm one of these people, just a few days ago I didn't use the right words and it lead me to trouble. That is why we have to be careful with what we say . Discrimination nowaday is very popular and very strong. Wherever I go , I could hear someone discriminating about this certain people and etc. A person is not being born as a sexist or a racist, it is all a choice/decision that sometime in our life we have to do. God created us to love each other not to discriminate, so then why are still discriminating? I regret to say that even some of the childrens these days tend to discriminate,but where do they learn to discriminate in their adolescent years? They actually learn discriminating by hearing the words that come out from their parents' mouth thus learning how to discriminate. Because they know that their parents are always correct they tend to think that discriminating is also good.
Babydoll2697

Con

Babydoll2697 forfeited this round.
agamattnon

Pro

Being racist or a sexist or even discriminating was not created by God but was created by human nature itself. Thus, we can conclude that it is not natural. If that's the case, then we can also remove/demolish the act of discriminating . "With great cause comes great effect" It is believed to say whatever doings you did will always have an effect. What happens or what is the effect of discriminating others? Have you ever thought of what may happen if you discriminated? People will obviously get sad because they are being discriminated although some may take it as a teaching but some may also take it as an insult leading to rage and later to revenge and worse comes to worse, death. The ones being discriminated might also have lower self-esteem . E.g , let's use the muslims as an example(no offense) , what happens if you discriminate them and the society. A continuation of the example, if you discriminated them by saying that they couldn't do anything because they're just Muslims then their self-esteem maygo down , they migh think that they can't do anything. All human beings are unique and painted with colorful abilities and we must all have higher self-esteem because we are gifted.
Babydoll2697

Con

Babydoll2697 forfeited this round.
agamattnon

Pro

I have been talking about the effects of discrimination and right now let's move to the cause of discrimination. So,yeah, why do we discriminate? Maybe because we would like to feel superior than others or maybe we want to destroy his/her reputation and by a chance of 80% the person is mental. We are all human beings and we must love and respect each other not fighting and discriminating, if we continue this system of discriminating then the tendency is the human system will fail and be corrupted. We are all the same , we are all equal, we have to start loving each other and also, if you discriminate, please think before you utter those foul words because with just those words a friendship may fall or a relationship may break. I hope that every being on earth will see the true meaning of discrimination and try to think before making a choice by discriminating.
Babydoll2697

Con

Babydoll2697 forfeited this round.
Posted by ImaRealMeanie 11 months ago
ImaRealMeanie
It would be good for pro to define what discrimination means. I'm not sure what exactly pro means by 'a mother discriminates against her child', therefore a definition to base this on would be lovely.