Max.Wallace
Sciguy

Dishonest people hide their phone number.

Sciguy

Max.Wallace

Pro

Because they do not dare answer the phone. They. in fact won't even let it ring............cowards. wimps. deceivers.
Sciguy

Con

I do not believe that a person who does not answer their telephone or landline, people that have it blocked, are cowards. They are merely preventing the case of a stranger, or in many cases, preventing telemarketers from getting through to them.

Now I do understand where you are coming from. It is quite rude to shrug off a telemarketer or stranger rather than answering the phone. But there are many people that do not need the things telemarketers sell and are too old to understand the product
Max.Wallace

Pro

What's your phone number?

Mine is 1-802-477-2367.

So be it.
Sciguy

Con

Sir, I shall not post my private number. This is not of the debate.

No man should have to answer a PRIVATE NUMBER there is great reason to why. If I did want to talk to strangers and telemarketers I most certainly would not have a private number. Now I do say it is rude, and I am rude enough, but I ask you why I should hand out my number?

An elderly women, is she a coward every time she picks up the phone and hears a telemarketer and there hanging up? I think not for it is her choice to speak
Max.Wallace

Pro

are you a peacemaker, or do you only wish to talk to your friends? I ask. Call me, leave a message, if you dare.
Sciguy

Con

What I said in this great, lovely call was that people should not answer tele marketers or unknown numbers for they may be scam artist.
Max.Wallace

Pro

I am not AFRAID to answer the phone, and in fact relish the chance to confront a scoundrel. Sometimes I am just to busy to answer the phone, but the number is there, leave a message. I'll cal you back if I want to, my choice. Answer or not, your choice. Hiding your phone #, which is what most mega corporations CEO's do, is wrong.
Sciguy

Con

I keep my number private, as others do as well, to make sure that tele-marketers do not call me and try to sell some products that are not needed. I also do this so that scam artists do not attempt to convince me or con me into giving money such as the incident last season with the "IRS" scam callers.
Max.Wallace

Pro

Max.Wallace forfeited this round.
Sciguy

Con

Well this is quite embarrassing. This was an interesting debate and I bid you all farewell.
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
He did call, and we talked. I am not the monster ELOites suppose me to be.
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
I agree.
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
Sciguy
I have nothing to explain, friend. With this debate came the saying, anything goes.
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
If you dare.
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
Educate me, please...smarty pants.
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
Please elaborate..........winner.
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
Sciguy
This is quite the interesting occurrence.
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
I would not expect that the voters here are generally endowed with much common sense. They are mostly rich idealists, Ivory Tower children. Saruman's spawn.
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
Sciguy
Vote for whomever you like, do vote for Wallace for his sincere opinion and how he is right on why people answer their devices.
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
Sciguy
I am not going to vote on my own debate! That is for the people to decide on who wins and loses and not us, we will have to biased of an opinion just as you have now.

It was a pleasure to speak as well as debate with you sir.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
Max.WallaceSciguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's claim is just that: a claim. He doesn't provide any reason why anyone should believe it, instead simply showing that he is unwilling to hide his phone number. Fine as that is, it doesn't prove the resolution true. A desire for privacy doesn't imply dishonesty. Conduct to Con for the forfeit.
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 1 year ago
ESocialBookworm
Max.WallaceSciguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was the only one to make arguments and actually provide reasoning for why people may hide their numbers, while all Pro did was post his number, and try to con con into calling him.