eduardolilli
Dirky

Disney is better than Universal.

eduardolilli

eduardolilli

Pro

I Believe that Disney is better than Universal. for all ages, doesn't matter how old you are.

Disney makes movies, Theme Parks, Cruises, and Even has it`s own island.

So I would like to know what sort of arguments do you have for that? Can anyone open my eyes and make me (or anyone) see how universal is better?
Dirky

Con

I will absolutely take this debate. Universal makes good movies, they have mostly been good, and unfortunately for all of us, Disney movies went downhill after the classic age. They are all of a sudden taking other films and series and turning them into a sick and twisted deformed monster. Star Wars is a perfect example, it was great, the 6 movies were set in stone, unchanging and classic, that was it. Then there were the animated cartoons that people made out of the books that Star Wars fans made, they added onto the storyline almost perfectly because they could be ignored if the viewer wanted to ignore them or they could be added onto the storyline, making it even more cool. But now that Disney ran out of ideas, they bought Star Wars and turned it to crap, specifically, ANIKAN NEVER HAD A PADAWAN!!! There are nearly endless errors and double-negatives in the Star Wars legacy now, thanks to Disney. As far as the theme parks go, they are basically like a Walmart with rides when it comes to employees. They pay them crap money because they know that they are down and out, like kicking a person society has already beaten up. In comparison, people in Universal studios make original movies that don't screw everything up. There are some extremely stupid movies that are cheesy and gay that they made, but others are actually really good. They made Kick-A*s (No profanities in debates), and Ted, and they made children's movies too, Despicable Me and some of the Veggie Tales movies.
eduardolilli

Pro

(All the data gathered in this argument was based on the Orlando version, Universal, and Disney)

"When it comes to employees. They pay them crap money because they know that they are down and out" Well that is true, but guess what they pay them that little because most of them are not college graduates, jobs there require next to no training, unless you need experience to know how to push a button. Disney also has more than 60,000 "Cast Members" and Universal has 12,000 and BOTH of them pay on average $8,00/hour.

"Star Wars is a perfect example, it was great, the 6 movies were set in stone, unchanging and classic." Are you so sure about that? Star Wars 1, 2, and 3 were horrible The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Return of the Jedi were rated 57%, 67%, and 79%, while A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back were rated 94% and 97% (based on rotten tomatoes). So as you can see things only got worst, and in case you don't know those were made by Lucasfilm in an association with 20th century fox.
A few years ago Disney bought marvel and everyone thought Disney would make it all horrible and disney-fy the films. but they didn't one of the best Marvel films (according to rotten tomatoes) was released during disney`s reign.
"The animated cartoons that people made out of the books that Star Wars fans made" if you're talking about Star Wars: The clone wars, those shows are not in anyway related to disney.

"Universal studios make original movies that don't screw everything up" I'm not going to reply so I'll just leave you with this list:
Cowboys & Aliens, Land of the Lost,WWolfman, Babe 2, Howard the duck, Ed, Virus, and last but definitely not least, Jaws 2, aka. the huge screw up.

Disney has definitely also had it's share of CRAP nut also definitely not as bad as Universal, Disney was founded on 1923 and every since then it hasn't only been bringing entertainment but also scientific inventions to film making and science. Disney was the pioneer of technologies like anamatronics and surround sound (FantaSound).

Disney Theme Parks has rides for all sorts of ages, such as: its a small world for toddlers, haunted mansion for children, space mountain, tower of terror, big thunder for children-seniors, rock'n Roller coaster, star tours, tower of terror, mission space, and Mt. Everest for people looking for a little adventure. they also have shows, such as the American adventure. Disney is what I would consider to be a lot more patriotic, they have flags and rides, and songs, and references to the country in almost every ride. and that's important to any American.

Dirky

Con

Your full of it,do you honestly believe that Disney has ever done anything as well as Universal? Great, they have a theme park, but that is much less than what this debate is actually about, Disney makes crap movies, that's that. They make crap shows, (another awesomely huge mistake) and further more, they influence children to be whiny and self-absorbed and if they whine loudly enough, they will eventually get what they want. Ever heard of Disney XD? Nothing more should have to be said about that. Continuing on the movies, they copy off of movies that have been done before, and then they add animals or inanimate objects as the characters, honestly, how original is that? When they don't copy off of other moves, they just repeat like a broken record player.
eduardolilli

Pro

"That's not what this debate is actually about" So can you please explain what the debate is about then? You also did not defend your own opinion all you did was talk about mine in a very childish manner.

"They influence children to be whiny and self-absorbed" I must confess maybe that might go for Disney Channel but disney Channel is nothing more than a cable channel which not that many people watch anyways. Also Disney is a lot wider than that, they also expand to parks and the movies which both teach for it's viewers to be brave, and keep dreaming which some people might find stupid, but that matters for kids,also it is a good thing for them, to learn at a young age.
"They add animals or inanimate objects as the characters" Of course they add them. Disney is about magic and believing. peter pan explain all of this. "just have faith trust..." that might not work/matter for adults but their targeted audience is kids anyways and they want to feel like magic is real and I respect that and find it a good thing to teach children at a young age.
"They just repeat like a broken record player" The reason they do that is because luckily we live in a Capitalist World and just like every other company they must do whatever they have to do to make money and keep the company. Also they do it because they believe that children won't mind because they basically like everything anyways. Also some people aren't as judgemental as you are.

Universal was founded in 1912, just a question: can a you name at least two of it's founders? even if you can most people cant, unlike the disney company. At Universal studios Florida you are treated like crap from the cast members. I myself am an annual premium passholder at Disney, Universal, and Seaworld(have been one for 5 years. and I can honestly say that not even at Seaworld (the cheaper park in Orlando) can you get treated like you are at universal. Completely unlike Disney, where the employees make you feel like home. one day right after the fireworks me and my friend started to look in the fireworks fallout areas that are closed during the show. because we wanted to find the remains of one, together we found 3 little tubes about the size of an inch. Then one cast member came to us and asked us if she could help. she went to this area where only cast members were allowed in and gave us a huge plastic "ball" it was about 6 inches and wee took it home. This other day I went to the lost and found and asked if they had found my iPod and they gave it to me, exactly how I lost it. this other day I went to universal and lost my sweater and no one had returned it. I've also lost: my phone, my wallet w/out money but it had my ids and house key. never found it again. you can tell that the people who go to disney are much nicer too. in lines, rides etc. they make an effort to talk to you and be nice. Disney also has cheaper souvenirs, also they have many more special event for people like passholder, etc

Dirky

Con

Easy, the debate right now is about the quality of movies, not the theme parks. Absolutely a lot of children watch Disney channel, over 84 million children per day. As you are picking apart my sentences and putting them into disfigurements of your own, what I said when that I was talking about inanimate objects and animals is that Disney is unoriginal in its works. In a sense, it is copying, they take another persons story line and use cute little animated characters to cover the fact that the story wasn't theirs at all. As far as me being "childish" that's just low, as long as my arguments make sense, does it really matter? The founders of Universal are irrelevant, the parks don't matter and at this point they are irrelevant. Whats to defend? If you want an explanation about what we are debating, it is: We are debating about various subjects that revolve around Disney and Universal, the prime subjects are the movies, the amusement parks and whatnot are a footnote. Note now that the repetitive nature of Disney is both good and bad (mostly bad.) Though it may drive the point home for the children who watch the movies, it also drives the point on for the 84 million children a day shows that they should act like brats and that attitudes are cute all of a sudden.
eduardolilli

Pro

I would just like to start my closing argument by asking you: When did the debate become only about Disney movies, I created it so I'm sorry if my intentions weren't pure but I meant for it to be about the company, disney which include parks, touchstone, Hollywood records, disney channel, ABC, ETC.
"over 84 million children/day" False you got that from wiki answers didn't you. but you have to remember that those numbers are worldwide. and some countries don't get all the shows, also that Data is old and the Disney Channel has decreased in viewers since early 2012. also remember that h it but how many times people watch it.
It's too bad that this debate has to be so short because I would really like to know how many times you would use that shitty argument "Unoriginal" or "Repetitive" specially considering that I already answered that in the previous argument.
It seems like in this debate all you want to talk about is the Disney Channel (which even I must confess is crap) and the movies (only the bad one) even tough you haven't given me any examples of hose "bad" and "unoriginal" movies you are talking about. But still you don't want to talk about the parks and other companies/properties owned by Disney, Why? Are you afraid we might be better than the company you are defending right now.
Of course Statistics like these depend on many factors like size but Disney (Magic Kingdom) gets a LOT more tourists than universal (IOA) maybe for a reason?
Dirky

Con

Firstly, how dare you call what I say is "childish" when you are making arguments like , "where did you get that, wiki answers?" You automatically assume that I am using unreliable resources, who's to say my statistics are false, you? I assure you my sources are as reliable as yours. You did not explain in the least bit how it wasn't unoriginal and repetitive, and are you actually that brainless? Who would accept the argument for amusement part debate? I'm sorry that you wasted a round, because I don't care about amusement parks, as far as being afraid, no, I am not afraid, I will come out right now and say that Disney has better amusement parks. (apparently) Honestly, though, which one really matters more here? Movies, that both companies produce and create, or crappy amusement parks, which both of them make, but they are no an amusement park company. By the size of your mouth, it sounds as though you would go as far as to worship Disney. Universal is better in movies. That's that.
Vote Placed by Gondun 3 years ago
Gondun
eduardolilliDirkyTied
Reasons for voting decision: The conduct on both sides was not what it should have been. I think the pro had slightly better arguments because he gave some specific examples while the con just said things like it's all crap, Disney XD need I say any more, etc. Pro's only source was not properly cited, but it was more than con had.