FunkeeMonk91
banker

Divine Command Theory

banker

FunkeeMonk91

Con

Divine Command Theory is the school of ethics that states that an action is morally obligatory if, and only if, and because God commands it and by extension, things are good if, and only if, and because God commands that we preserve/bring them about.

There are several problems with this argument, which I will discuss after my opponent's post.
banker

Pro

thanks for starting this debate. I am glad we have the opportunity to explore this issue as a team, in which one will have a con postion ,and one a pro position . But the team as a whole will win when the truth will be discovered..!

Before stating my rational we have to define the definition of devine and why its should effect our code of justice.? The definition of devine that we all agree on ,is the intelactual source.!! This is agreed by all muslim christian,budhist,falon gong jewish etc.

Also we need to agree how the devine ,is effecting. Or should be effecting our judgment and system of justice.

Just how the world synergisticly designed by rules ..! Otherwise it would be able to exist.(For example if the distamce of world from the sun ,would be changed we would not be able to exist...!) So is everything else limited to rules and bound be them to be able to exist..! Like chemistry,madical,finance,art etc.

World and its system designed to be fonctioning by rules. The rules are what is making the world function and prosper,in a natrual eviroment.!

That's also the case with us we are to prosper by the rules. The inteligant source designed for us to exist in and to prosper with..! This rules is natrual and desined to be fair and just..!
FunkeeMonk91

Con

FunkeeMonk91 forfeited this round.
banker

Pro

as its evident this valuable topic exploration was jeopardised by my partner , I will focus this round on negating the argument that we are not naturally bound to laws and rules and this world is coincidental..By contrast, to make an point for what is in fact a fraudulent hoax, one must use talent, and plenty of sophistication and remain beholden to unnatural protection of what is really an illogical position.

then despite the efforts of those talented fraudulent individuals, the hoax could easily be refuted and nullified, by humanities natural pursuit of the truth..!!

coincidence is the devine's way to stay anonymous..!!
this fraudulent argument (despite it being made by the most powerful groups controlling the media and law and education,and other secular institutions) did not succeed to quench, our thirst for spiritual satisfaction humanity always clings to..!!

moreover, as they themselves design anything dependent on success, they begin on the same process they deny was used to create this..!! as you go to any secular institution for example a building department, controlled by a secular government. even as they will argue that the world was created by circumstance,however they will not allow you to build a city by circumstance..!! quite the contrary..!! they will explain that a sound city , must be carefully planed and designed..!!

in addition the same people who argue that the world was not created by a plan and not governed by rules would never feel secured to live in a city with no police and no justice and no rules...!!

if they need a car they will understand, that its illogical to wait it should create itself. however some still argue that this is what happened to our world..!!

many in our world explore areas like past life memory..!! as I am not qualified, to use this as a credible point. it proves a quest for spiritual connection..!!

if you make a search on obscure subject like aura its amazing how much some build on it..!!http://www.google.com...

the most who fall into obscure new age, spiritual connections are the very same who fall away from their base,by those fraudulent sophisticated groups..!!

all showing you: that not only is it natural and right and just, to believe and abide by the rules of Divine..!! the very ones who argue against it, cant live and even do not intent to live, by their false argument...!!
FunkeeMonk91

Con

FunkeeMonk91 forfeited this round.
banker

Pro

Divine command is in no way a contradiction to evolution..!!quite the contrary.!! the first source of evolution is in
genesis:" earth was chaos nothingness"talking about a existence prior to creation...!! what the existence was could be answered by the teary of evolution..!!

I like to thank all readers,and voters. i thank you in advance for your efford in controling whats fair and promoting honesty.! I ask all to excuse my shortcomings, based on my effort despite the circumstances take in consideration my opponents jeopardizing this debate,and not to reward him for it..!!
Posted by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
banker, you cannot vote for yourself
Posted by popculturepooka 6 years ago
popculturepooka
the dude forfeited 2 rounds - all points to banker. that's hardly vote-bombing.
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
lol, banker even got the points for better spelling and grammar? How does that work? I sense vote-bombing...
Posted by popculturepooka 7 years ago
popculturepooka
Oh Good Lord.
Posted by Kinesis 7 years ago
Kinesis
Is banker insane?
Posted by INTJ 7 years ago
INTJ
Well, God is against Pearl Jam, and it would be better if you do what is pleasing to God and listen to Gregorian Chants instead, FunkeeMonk91.
Posted by Kinesis 7 years ago
Kinesis
Actually, what is the resolution? It doesn't make any sense if the resolution is just 'divine command theory'.
Posted by Kinesis 7 years ago
Kinesis
I assume we are talking about the Christian God here?
Posted by Waldheri 7 years ago
Waldheri
I anticipate Euthyphro.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Good luck finding an opponent.
Vote Placed by popculturepooka 7 years ago
popculturepooka
FunkeeMonk91bankerTied
Vote Placed by banker 7 years ago
banker
FunkeeMonk91bankerTied