Matt532
Madison_victoria

Divorce in General isn't Bad and Homosexuality is Good

Matt532

Matt532

Con

Please accept only if you disagree with me on either both my side of divorce and homosexuality, or if you only disagree with me on homosexuality. I am against both. I am against homosexuality in particular because I don't know about any good coming from it (in regards to what makes homosexuality unique), and so I would like to listen to the other side's view. When I say homosexuality, I mean practicing it and living that sort of lifestyle.

The purpose of this debate is to have a conversation on these particular issues.

Rules (for the voters to look at):

1. Definitions are non-binding, but encouraged (but the meaning in this first post is more-so binding).

2. One side may ask the other about definitions. If the other side fails to give an answer or one that makes any progress, then favor the side asking the question. If the definition-question is frivolous (e.g. define word), then favor the other side. However, the questioner can overcome the frivolous part if the questioner explains clearly enough why he asks if there is a possibility of it being frivolous, or the questioner gives their own guess to the definition (obvious frivolousness on the part of the questioner should favor the other side though).

3. No disparaging (to "regard or represent as being of little worth" (Google Dictionary) ) the other side unless it is used in the context of an argument, and then its use ought to be minimized (The purpose of this is to prevent ranting against the other side; I know that some people are passionate against the Christian God, but I want a more logical, organized debate).

4. I want a more logical, organized debate, so judge the content by how effective the logic is.

5. Excessive emotion (or emotion without developing one's argument, but merely restating it with emotion) shall favor the other side.

6. Rules may be changed if both sides agree, and on which rounds they apply to. The default for which rounds would exclude rules being applied retroactively.
Madison_victoria

Pro

I accept your argument Matt! I want to argue about both, only because I strongly disagree with you, first I wanna debate about sexuality.

1. LOVE IS LOVE! You can not stop love at any cost, you can't help who you love. The good thing about having the same sex as the love of your life is, they know what you go through. Men don't know what us woman go through, with periods, cramps, birth, maturing etc. Most woman like a mature man, and most men don't mature until an older age. A woman on the other hand knows what a woman wants, so it also is a little more satisfying when a woman is with a woman and a man is with a man. In my head, I think it's okay to love the same sex.

2. A woman is more trusting then a man, it's a scientific fact, so when two lady's are together it's a fact that they are more trusting of their partner. Logically love is love and you can't stop or force love. Marriage or love does not have to between a man and a woman , you can be the same sex.

My Second debate is on divorce.

1. This is kind of similar to my first argument, love is love. You can't force it. Sometimes marriage does not work out, and yes it may be sad but what are you going to do? Nothing.

2. It's better to divorce and try to be someone else and be happy, then to be depressed and cheat and commit adultery (if you don't know what this is, it is where a married person goes and cheats with someone else who is not their spouse) and then they have a weight on their shoulder's. It's just better to get divorced and be happy then be together and be miserable.
Matt532

Con

Thank you for accepting the debate!

(D1)
Ok, I see right off the bat one problem. We have different definitions of love. I define love to be the giving of oneself. I see love as a choice.

I want to know more clearly about your definition of love. When you say love, it sounds like an intense liking of someone. Is that true for your definition? For my side, you can love someone, and not like them at all. I would define like as a desire for something, wanting something because it interests you. For my definition of love, you're not so much interested in what you can get out of it.

I would be concerned if anyone in general didn't know what they wanted. The question I have is, is what I want truly the best thing, or is there something better?

I don't know what you mean by "mature man" exactly. Can you explain the qualities of a mature man?

It is true that women and men know their own gender better than the opposite. The reason I don't see that this works with homosexuality is that you don't have to be a homosexual to have this advantage. You could just be strong friends with them, and have the same benefits.

I agree that a consequence that each gender knows their own better is that they trust those of the same gender more.

Explain when you say that one can't stop or force love. How would this be more than just behavioral, where one can stop if one changes one's behavior?

(D2)
My point on divorce is that it's not ideal to get one.

I agree two people should separate if there is an abusive relationship. I'm referring primarily to heterosexual marriage here from my Catholic perspective, in that if one gets a marriage which follows the Catholic requirements for being a valid marriage (meaning no annulment, which means that there never was a marriage in the first place), then one shouldn't get remarried.

I should have made that clearer, so it is my bad.

We don't have to debate D2 if you don't find disagreement or change your mind after seeing what I wrote on D2 here.

That being said, I think D2 would hinge upon how love is defined, and so we could just restrict it to D1 until we have that figured out.
Madison_victoria

Pro

Madison_victoria forfeited this round.
Matt532

Con

Let me know what's going on in the comments section if you are able to say.
Madison_victoria

Pro

Madison_victoria forfeited this round.
Madison_victoria

Pro

Madison_victoria forfeited this round.
Madison_victoria

Pro

Madison_victoria forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Matt532Madison_victoriaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Matt532Madison_victoriaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.