Juris
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Divorce

Juris
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Juris

Pro

Definition

Divorce (or the dissolution of marriage) is the termination of a marital union, the canceling and/or reorganizing of the legal duties and responsibilities of marriage, thus dissolving the bonds of matrimony between a married couple under the rule of law of the particular country and/or state.

Limitation

This debate about ‘divorce’ is not limited to any country. We are going to debate the idea of divorce in general.

Rules

Round 1 –(a) Acceptance round. (b) No Arguments should be presented. (c) definition and parameters by pro, no arguments.

Round 2-3- Arguments will be presented along with rebuttals

Round 4- Summary/Reply (reason why you should win the debate) No additional arguments can be presented.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

Juris

Pro

Arguments for Divorce

1. a. Divorce is a remedy for failing marriage.

By supporting divorce, it does not mean to say that all married couples should go to the court and file for divorce. It means that the society understands the reality about the problems that married couples experience. Undeniably, everyone has problems, including couples. When a wife experiences problems like slight physical violence or dishonesty committed by her husband, the first thing that should be done is reconciliation.

Every steps to reconcile married couples should be exhausted before proceeding to the last resort which is ‘divorce’. It is important to make every effort to reconcile them. Sadly, this is hardly the reality. What happens most of time is that couples do not make progress and remain in an endless conflict. For that reason, it is necessary to give them option when everything else fails. It is only divorce that will address this problem, not annulment nor legal separation.

Divorce has grounds e.g., repeated physical violence, sexual infidelity, and others depending on a particular country. The common denominator of all the grounds for divorce in all countries is that the grounds are those that occur after the celebration of marriage. Similarly, the grounds for legal separation are the almost the same with those in divorce; but in legal separation, a person cannot marry someone again in hope of reconciliation. In contrast, annulment has grounds that cover only those that happen before marriage e.g., lack of consent, lack of age, and the like. Clearly, the gaps in legal separation and annulment can be solved by divorce.

1. b. Divorce is cheaper and better compared to other alternatives

Compared to annulment, divorce is much cheaper. In annulment, a person will spend a lot of money to hire a psychiatrist to prove that grounds like psychological incapacity exists. The procedures in annulment entail more time than that in divorce, which will squeeze the money of an applicant.

Divorce is the last resort for a failing marriage. It corrects the gaps in annulment and legal separation. It covers grounds that happen during the marriage which ‘annulment’ cannot cover. Also, divorce allows a person to marry someone again unlike in legal separation.

1. c. Divorce will protect the children from danger

No child wants to see his/her parents to separate, but no child also wants to see his/her parents kill each other every day. Being separated but alive is better than being together but the other is dead. A child would rather see his parents separate than see his mother being beaten everyday by his father. Even worse, when the repeated physical violence is committed not only to the wife but also to their children.

8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

Wtihout marriage, divorce isn't needed. Pro has yet to give a single argument as to why marriage is necessary.
Juris

Pro

you are a ridiculous person
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

I think I have won this debate.
Juris

Pro

I clearly win this debate because of the following:

1. You failed to present any sensible arguments.
2. You were not able to rebut the strong arguments I presented.

8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA forfeited this round.
Posted by Juris 2 years ago
Juris
Haha.. oops.. I have already f*cked them.. haha... I can tell what's the best way.. haha
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
Lol. "Ouch" that hurt..... PMPLMFAO!!!!
Posted by Juris 2 years ago
Juris
Yes, we can debate the best way to f*ck your partner or your mom...
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
Ahhhhh. Pro or con Divorce.... sorry, I'm slow. Ok I vote con. Can we debate the best way to get rid of spouses body next???? Just for interests sake!!!!! (Whistles innocently)
Posted by Juris 2 years ago
Juris
you can discuss it.. unless you are trying to play with words here... you know this is a debate and I took the PRO side... I made it clear that this debate is about divorce.. It's either PRO or COn...
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
Yes. you can't discuss the idea of the death penalty. You can discuss its merits. Its morallity. Even its cost and effectiveness. So please explain..... is divorce a good or bad idea? Is that your question?
Posted by Juris 2 years ago
Juris
you mean people cannot debate something that is already existing? wow.. that's new.. so death penalty is not debatable? I qualified this debate. I said this debate is not limited or focused to any specific country.
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
Oh....my bad. Sounds like a great idea. Divorce...... oh wait......it already exists!!!!! How can you discuss the idea of something that already exists?????
Posted by Juris 2 years ago
Juris
Have you read parameters of the debate in round 1? Idiot! Read before you comment, you f*cking bastard..
Posted by Furyan5 2 years ago
Furyan5
What are you debating? The merits of divorce? As apposed to what? Staying married? Killing your spouse? Killing yourself? (My favourite) or having another beer?
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 2 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Juris8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Only Pro presented any arguments. Con's entire argument came down to a one line Kritik of marriage. Con presented no reason why marriage is unnecessary and placed the entire burden on Pro to show why it is necessary. But marriage is the status quo. By arguing that the status quo is bad, I'd expect Con to present some sort of argument why it is bad. Questioning the status quo is not enough. Pro could have done better to respond to that but it is as good a response as one could give to that one-liner by Con. I'm voting off of Pro's R2.
Vote Placed by Atheism_Debater 2 years ago
Atheism_Debater
Juris8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: pro won this debate because of the ff by Con. Con could have easily defeated Pros arguments yet failed to do so by only submitting a couple sentences. ff also Pro wins