Do Aliens Exist?
Debate Rounds (4)
2) Stating side of story
4) Closing statement
According to Steven Kane (scientist at NASA) the existence of aliens is almost impossible to deny. Our galaxy contains a minimum of 100 billion planets. Of those, most are small planets like ours. Statistically, every star would have at least one planet. This statement proves that chances of life and habitable planets in our galaxy is very high. There is estimated to be a lot more small planets than big planets in our galaxy alone, which helps prove alien existence. This does not even take in question the other 500 billion galaxies in the universe, which will not only increase the possibility of aliens existing in our galaxy, but other galaxies also. According to NBC there is an estimated amount of 8.8 billion habitable planets that exist in the Milk Way alone. 1 out of 5 stars in the Milky Way are very similar to the sun with a possible 8 percent error range.
Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter- In 1955 3 floating men had attacked the Sutton farm, but afterwards were scared off by getting shot with shotguns, yet did not have any effect. The Sutton family called the police and they came over finding bullet holes in the walls and windows. According to the police the Suttons were very sober and genuinely horrified. Neighbors reported hearing gun shots and seeing lights in the sky. The police had found no evidence, so they decided to leave. The aliens had arrived almost immediately after they left. The family and the aliens had a stand off with the aliens for the entire night, but the aliens had left before dawn. Police reported that the description of the aliens and the events had matched among the family members, they told a consistent story, and no evidence of a hoax was discovered. The Air Force captain claimed that the beings were either an owl or a painted monkey that escaped from the circus. This theory is ridiculous since if either would have been shot, then blood would come out, the fur of the monkey and the feathers of the owl, would give the apparent smooth silvery texture of the Aliens skin seem messy. To this day there is no reasonable explanation to this event, but Aliens.
Zeta Reticuli Incident- This is perhaps the first and most famous alien encounter. Betty and Barney Hill had been driving on a very isolated road, and noticed an odd shining disc. Barney looked into the window of the disc and claimed he saw humanoid creatures staring back at him. Apparently the Aliens controlled Barney and Betty, and made them unable to control their own actions. Bottom line the aliens had showed the couple a bizarre map and told them they were in a certain area. Betty told the police that the aliens were from the Zeta Reticuli, which was discovered by science in 1996. According to police reports the couple was acting very sane and afraid.
There is no real proof or disproof for the existence of aliens, but there are reasons why aliens probably don't exist.
1. If the government knew, or a number of people knew aliens existed, why aren't there more people coming forward trying to capitalize on it by selling books, movie deals, or interview time?
2. How come all the videos are blurry clips that only last a few minutes?
3. How come whenever a picture is released, only one is released and it's usually a little blurry. You would think that someone who just happened to have a camera around when a spaceship flies by would take more than one picture. And on top of that, you'd think they'd claim rights to it and sell the pictures?
4. How come there aren't occurrences that are caught on film while filming live on TV. You would think they'd capture that occasionally?
5. How come all aliens look the same, as in movie aliens.
1) I never said that the government knew aliens existed. The people I had chosen were reported to be terrified, so there would be very little reason to make this up. It is also basically impossible to make a 200 page book out of a single encounter. Also less people trying to capitalize is a strong reason for alien existence, because they would lack the experience of the ordeal and alien stories often are not very popular.
2) https://www.youtube.com..., and also most alien reports do not even last that long.
3) Again, most people who encounter aliens report that they were not there for long, and not claiming rights to the photo can strengthen the chance of alien existence, because the fear evoked from the victims would make them want to put no copyright claims on the photo, so their story would go around faster, and convince people who do not believe in aliens believe in them.
4) Aliens are reported to be extremely smart, so they would probably want to stay away from crowded places where they are easy to spot.
5) That also strengthens the existence of aliens, because we are sure through personal accounts, what they look like, and often aliens do have a clich" appearance, which helps these accounts of extra-terrestrial beings connect with one another.
My opponent technically did not follow the rules, because he placed his rebuttal on the second step. I am from a non-English speaking country so be easy on me for having decent to sub par grammar.
1) In my previous argument I never said that you said the government knew aliens existed, what I did say is " If the government knew". It was just a reason why aliens probably didn't exist. And yes your right that "its basically impossible to make a 200 page book out of a single encounter", But the books or movies people would make would probably not be on a single encounter, but several.
2) There's allot of videos out there that are lies. For an example, https://www.youtube.com.... Don't believe all the videos you see on YouTube.
3) Just because more people are convinced that aliens are real doesn't strengthen the existence of aliens.
4) You haven't shown any proof that aliens are smart let alone that aliens exist.
5) Just because all aliens look the same, as in movie aliens, doesn't strengthen the chance of the existence of aliens.
I thank my opponent for the debating, and good luck to he/she. (I was not trying to be mean. Sorry if I sounded like a mean person).
Vote for PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||5||0|
Reasons for voting decision: I felt like con left many arguments un-refuted. And I'm pretty sure "closing statement" did not mean giving up a round (since that would mean con losses two rounds of debating). Nevertheless, with sources and unrefuted arguments, pro wins.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.