Do Aliens Exist?

Doom-Guy-666-1993 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Do Aliens Exist?

I assert that concerning the philosophical implication and arguments for the existence of aliens are highly weak and do no favors for the alien presupposition to be true. I believe there are no positive arguments for the existence of extraterrestrial life.

This Debate will operate by standard rules

Round 1- Acceptance of Debate
Round 2- Opening Arguments based off belief in Round 1
Round 3- Counter Arguments criticizing the opponent's ideas in Round 2
Round 4- Closing remarks and final conclusion

Definition of the terms at hand:
Aliens-Extraterrestrial life in the cosmos
Exist- Currently in the Universe

Thank you to my opponent Doom-Guy-666-1993 for accepting this debate. I wish you the best in this debate. Without further ado, let's get started.

Argument 1: Lack of evidence
The notion that aliens exist is unsupported by any evidence whatsoever. No reliable testimony of people witnessing aliens exist. No scientific research has found the extraterrestrial life exist. By and large, there lacks any empirical evidence for the existence of aliens.

Argument 2: Objection to The Drake Equation
The Drake Equation ([1] is a mathematical equation that takes into account the amount of exoplanets discovered in the Milky Way galaxy, amount of time and probability it takes for a civilization to develop and make contact with us. But there's a paradox when considering the Drake Equation, and it's called the Fermi Paradox ([2] The paradox suggest that if life is so prevalent in the cosmos, then why haven't we seen any aliens. That's the argument, is life is suppose to be so numerous in the universe, they why haven't they contacted human's yet?

Argument 3: Discovery of Exoplanets
Many who believe in aliens will often cite the existence of exoplanets as evidence that aliens exist. However, there's a problem with accepting this belief. Just because a planet is able to support life, this in so what show that life is there, or has ever been there. For reference, I'll give an analogy, If I'm walking along and see a patch a dirt, and I say how this plot of dirt is perfect for plants to live, does this then mean that plants live there or have lived there; no. Just like the person who looks over at a plot of dirt and says, "Wow, plants can live there" is about as unscientific as saying "Wow, life could be on that planet, because it's able to support life."

I'll just leave it up to my opponent to give a list of his own arguments in the following of Round 2. Remember, rebuttals are in Round 3. I look forward in seeing what my opponent has to say about his viewpoint.

Posted by canis 1 year ago
What is an alien if you you do not imagine it ?
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Argument 1: Lack of evidence

Yet believes in a God.

Argument 2: Wonders why aliens haven't contacted us yet.

Your argument is directed only at advanced extra-terrestrial life. You underestimate how large the universe is and the space between solar systems. Why would they want to contact us? If they could reach us, then they can observe us unknowingly. Not having contact with aliens doesn't mean they don't exist. That's a weak argument.

Argument 3: Analogy

You give an analogy and the problem with your analogy is, that plants do live in dirt *Face Palm*

Your analogy compares dirt without plant life to planets with no life. It's a flawed analogy, please revise that.
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
There are approximately 1.3 billion white people around the world

Caring about 1.3 billion people is not self centred.
Posted by Doom-Guy-666-1993 1 year ago
Posted by TheJackofHearts 1 year ago
Self Centered? According to you, whites are the superior race and you hate minorities.

Comparing myself to you, you seem more self-centered then me
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
We have observed many planets that have the right conditions to harbour life. You must be very self-centred to think that life cannot exist outside of Earth.