sopeisinthecat
FreedomBeforeEquality

Do Aliens Exist

FreedomBeforeEquality

sopeisinthecat

Pro

I believe that aliens do exist because there are so many people with almost the exact same stories.
FreedomBeforeEquality

Con

First off, I would have to agree with the first commenter's post which basically states that you will not be able to win this argument because you cant prove your claim, but i will entertain your first point.

A great many different peoples from around the globe share similar stories about ancient celestial occurrences. Comets, Eclipses, Storms, etc. For people to have witnessed a similar event anywhere in the world is surely not uncommon. And neither is it uncommon for people to share the same fabrications, or come to the same conclusions out of fear or something they cant explain.

Their similar stories aren't coincidence ... for that you may be right. But I think it's highly more likely that their stories are bolstered by the ability to share the details of those stories via mass media and the internet than being details derived solely from a first hand account.

Picture for instance someone having just had an "encounter" being terribly confused and looking toward the internet or some other social mechanism to gather information on what they saw. They'll be instantly inclined to look for similarities in other peoples stories and find ways to link them, to gain credibility and explain what they saw. If it was the bare-bones image on the other hand ... I'm sure they would look entirely different.

There are a lot of people in the world, it's really no surprise to me that a few look alike, think alike, or have seen the same landmarks, come to the same conclusions about philosophy, etc. I don't find myself automatically riven to believe in spirits because several different civilizations whom had no contact came to the separate conclusions that they exist. And even at that, people do (like I made an example of above) look for the religion or explanation for life's questions in a form fit for what they already believe.
sopeisinthecat

Pro

sopeisinthecat forfeited this round.
FreedomBeforeEquality

Con

Becoming quite uneventful ...
sopeisinthecat

Pro

sopeisinthecat forfeited this round.
FreedomBeforeEquality

Con

FreedomBeforeEquality forfeited this round.
sopeisinthecat

Pro

sopeisinthecat forfeited this round.
sopeisinthecat

Pro

sopeisinthecat forfeited this round.
FreedomBeforeEquality

Con

So yes, this was hardly a debate and was more of a statement that I was suckered into responding to. Pro didn't come back with anything to follow up on the allegations that were made.
Posted by awesomediscussuion 2 years ago
awesomediscussuion
uh i give in to alins being real or are gov. is hiding serious crap
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Likelihood is what you should debate, unless you have actual proof.

Than again, this might be a troll debate talking about people from other countries.
Vote Placed by PapaNolan 1 year ago
PapaNolan
sopeisinthecatFreedomBeforeEqualityTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff