PowerPikachu21
CelsoMoskowitz

Do Extremist Thiests get to Heaven?

PowerPikachu21 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

PowerPikachu21

Con

I've been seeing various theists, and some might be taking their side a bit too far. So I'm wondering... Are these Extremist Theists doing what God wanted? Would they reach Heaven?

Definitions:

Extremist Thiest; A follower of God who usually is against the idea of Athiesm.

Heaven; A place created by God to reward good people with endless life. [I'll admit I need to research about the subject]

Rules:

1) The resolution is not about the existence of God or Heaven. Rather, it's about if Extremist Thiests are worthy of them. For this debate, we'll not doubt their existence.

2) We're not arguing "Is Pro/Con more worthy of Heaven than ____", or "Athiests are more hopeless". Again, the resolution only asks if the Extremists are worthy of reaching Heaven, not compared to any group.

3) I'd prefer if my opponent isn't an Anti-Christ; someone who dislikes Christianity altogether. But if you're neutral of religion or supportive of it, you'd be better suited for this stance.

4) I have nothing against Christ or God. Please refrain from any direct or indirect insults towards me or Athiests/Thiests. This debate is just to answer this question I have.

5) If you can't come up with an argument within the 72 hour limit, type "Pass". This isn't a loss of conduct if you only do this once.

6) Round 1 is acceptance only, so no making arguments.
CelsoMoskowitz

Pro

I accept the debate. Some preliminary points, however:

Definitions:
1)Extremist Theist - definition is a bit too broad/vague when compared to the common sense meaning. Specially as the given definition for "Extremist Theist", in this case (at least do me) does not differ significantly from the definition of, simply, "Theist". I propose we use a more specific meaning for the expression, i.e, a person that follows his interpretation (misguided or not) of a certain religion to the extreme (violent or not). In this sense, both a completely devout catholic and an islamic terrorist fit the definition.

2)Heaven - I find this definition, even if simplistic, quite adequate because it fits very nicely with the "common sense" mental picture of the word, at least in christian cultures. No objections.

Rules:

1)I wouldn't want it any other way.

2)There will be a point when this must come up: if some groups go to heaven and others do not, there must be a difference between them. Asking if group A is worthy of going in to heaven is implicitly asking why they can and others cannot, otherwise it would be a meaningless question. However, I have no intention of grouping people other than in two groups: Extremist Theists and non Extremist Theists, as defined above, and doing so, in my opinion, respects the spirit of this rule.

3)I am an agnostic, and the whole basis of my argument will be logical corollaries for the definitions above, I have no interest in proving/disproving religion.

4)I will simply draw conclusions from the premisses, there is nothing to insult.

5)ok.

6)No arguments have been put forth!

Let's do it!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Sorry for timing out. The internet in my house suddenly stopped working yesterday. I'm currently at my grandpa's house while I wait for the internet back home to get back up.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
@canis I'd assume God would give a good answer to my question. But he hasn't contacted me yet, and I don't think he will. I don't know who he contacts.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Who can give you the right answer ?
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I originally wasn't going to argue Con's definition but sure. If he wants. Though I'll mainly be talking about people who look down upon athiests whenever possible.
Posted by Mharman 1 year ago
Mharman
No, they don't get to go to Heaven. Take from a Christian who isn't an extremist.