norris.fung
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Do Hong Kong children need more time to play

SPENCERJOYAGE14

norris.fung

Pro

I think that the children in Hong Kong schools should have more time to play because they need to do about 7 pieces of homework on average per day. Mostly are from Chinese, English, Mathematics and General studies. It is also quite useless although you gave a lot of homework because some children from Hong Kong schools receive about 10 pieces of homework and still got a rank of C. If the homework won't improve test scores, what's the point of distributing and doing a lot of homework?

The second issue I want to talk about is stress. Parent's expectations of their child is very high, so children will have pressure about the expectations from their parents and their stress from the homework.

The best way to get rid of stress is play. Play can help you to forget your stress. Once I was really stress about the homework, but after 20-30 minutes of play, (Not playing video games) my stress went away so I can concentrate with my work.

Another good thing about play is that you can learn. Play is a social activity. You can go and explore and create new things so you can learn something. You can also know new friends too.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, I think children in Hong Kong schools should have more time to play.

Most info. from SCMP
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

I’d like to thank my opponent for this debate. I will be arguing that the status quo is the best way to maintain the education level of Hong Kong.

My opening thesis is: Hong Kong is 6th place in the world for education. They should maintain this place by keeping the status quo the same. Also, children have lives outside of school. They can use those to play.

Now I will start my rebuttal: “they need to do about 7 pieces of homework on average per day” This is a good thing. If they did 2 or three they wouldn’t be as educated.

“Parent's expectations of their child is very high, so children will have pressure about the expectations from their parents and their stress from the homework.”

Parents should always expect the best from their children, if you don’t it doesn’t make them want to be better.

“The best way to get rid of stress is play.” They still play, just at home. School is for education, not for play.

“Play is a social activity.” It may be, but school is not.

norris.fung

Pro

norris.fung forfeited this round.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

Arguments extended.
norris.fung

Pro

norris.fung forfeited this round.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

And again.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
norris.fungSPENCERJOYAGE14Tied