bloodyghost9
Briannj17

Do I exist?

Briannj17
Started: 10/30/2015 Category: Funny

bloodyghost9

Con

I can guarantee anyone that I do not exist. I never have existed, currently do not exist, and never will anytime in the future. Looking forward to someone proving to me that I exist, or maybe not.
Briannj17

Pro

The ridiculousness on the thought that you think you don't exist is preposterous because obviously you came to a conclusion and if you didn't exist who wrote the statement? Even robots exist, protons, electrons the tiniest particles. In order to not exist you will not be able to respond with the environment or with any single atom or tiniest particle in the universe.
bloodyghost9

Con

If you were to examine any atom or particle, you would find it to be made of smaller parts. These smaller parts must be made of smaller parts, and so on in a fractal of infinitely microscopic substances and particles. If ∞ = undefined, then an infinite zoom in lead to, well, undefined. By that logic, eventually the particles will become so small they will no longer exist, or else be undefined. Everything must be made of something, even light is particles. If all particles can be viewed in smaller sections for infinity, every bit of matter or particles force anywhere in the universe is undefined, meaning it's existance is purely theoretical. Since my existance, along with the rest of the universe is theoretical, we have a reasonable premise to assume anyone's existance is nothing but imagination.
Briannj17

Pro

This isn't the matrix, life exists. otherwise people wouldn't have different thoughts on different issues we would all be part of a single most basic particle which has one. Imagination exists as electrical impulses and is basically just us thinking up of something. I still find it completely absurd that you believe none of us exist and if that were true we would not be debating right now. You can not find any evidence that you don't exist. It is a very messed up idea which is why this is in the funny section not in philosophy. Because it is uncouth and vulgar the way people believe that they can get away with anything because they think they are living in the matrix. We are real, otherwise we wouldn't reproduce with other living existing beings who have their own thoughts and beliefs. My goodness it's complicated and irrelevant for society to even think about whether we exist or not. This is all I have to say.
Posted by bloodyghost9 1 year ago
bloodyghost9
I knew I would lose
:P
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
yet by posting, YOU as you are, fully accumulative of any parameters which that is, Exist. U typed this. and even if that u is an intellectual whisp or a preprogrammed computer, the U still exists.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
i cant change my picture?

did it several times before m8, easily, and its very easy to learn
Posted by bloodyghost9 1 year ago
bloodyghost9
Actually, no one really exists, so you can't take it, because you don't exist.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
if you dont exist, that means you are not bloody ghost, so i can use that name and picture, thanks
Vote Placed by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
bloodyghost9Briannj17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made a point that was at against his core argument. As things get smaller they no longer exist. Size does not determine existence. Because you can't see it, does not mean it does not exist, much like air.
Vote Placed by CJames 1 year ago
CJames
bloodyghost9Briannj17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's position was tenuous to begin with and Pro simply walked all over the debate.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 1 year ago
9spaceking
bloodyghost9Briannj17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's right--con didn't really prove he didn't exist. He was assuming that infinity equalled undefined but gave no real evidence. The only needed proof that these things exist are simply that they exist. [I think, therefore I am]