Do Jehovah's Witnesses have their own Bible?

There are many who believe that Jehovah's Witnesses have their own Bible. As one who reads all different kinds of Bibles, I can say that they do not have any bias in their New World Translation. In fact, it seems to be even more accurate than some Bibles that are sold for money, while the New World Translation is free of charge. Also, I have the qualifications to back up my statements regarding it, as I have checked into the Hebrew and Greek of the canonical Bible texts. The idea here is if I am wrong, show me texts that the New World Translation has which differs from other Bibles and prove that those statements are true. I look forward to a great debate!

I accept :)

PHlLOSOPHER forfeited this round.

Jehovah Witnesses have altered the original texts of the bible to suit their own beliefs, instead of letting God shape their beliefs for them.

I will prove this by using sources from (A pro-Jehovah Witness Website)

The first point that they make is God is one, and the Trinity is not biblical. This is just not true. A YouTuber by the name of InspiringPhilosophy has spent countless hours into putting together videos about subjects like the Trinity. In one video he stated, " The Trinity differs from a Pagan grouping of Gods, who say there are three separate Gods (Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit, and The Father) but are all one in purpose, but are fully separate, where as the persons of the Trinity are not different Gods, but one God." You can watch the video here:

This is the way the Jehovah Witnesses believe the Trinity to be, a Pagan belief of the Trinity, which is just not true. So, being misled by that, they decide there is only one God, and that is God.

Without it even having to be said, Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe they are truly saved, because they are trusting their salvation on a created being (whom God created) just like the rest of us. When The Bible says "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard." that would include Jesus, because Jesus was not God (According to them).

So to recap, if they don't believe Jesus Christ was God, and they accept The Bible as The Word of God, they believe anyone who is not God has sinned and fallen short of God's standard, and the only way to bear the sins of man and for God to forgive their sins is if someone dies without sinning (and the power of the Law is broken), they do not believe their sins are forgiven, because Jesus was not God, therefore he was just a man.

This is why there is a clear distinction between the interpretations of their faith and the faith of the Bible.

First off, Jehovah's Witnesses have not altered the original texts of the Bible to suit their own beliefs. To alter the original texts they would have to have access to the original texts to begin with. This means that the original texts remain as they have always been. If you are referring to the New World Translation as having different texts, all you have to do is compare and contrast it with what, for example, the King James Version says. The King James Version shows at Mark 9:7 "And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud saying, This is my beloved son: hear him." The New World Translation says: "And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: "This is my Son, the beloved. Listen to him."
These Scriptures convey the same idea. and it also shows that the Trinity is not correct as it shows God's Voice saying that Jesus is His son, and not God himself.
Another relevant so called scripture shows in the King James Version at 1 John 5:7 where it supports the Trinity saying: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." Here we have a problem. That part is never spoken of in the New World Translation. So is the New World Translation omitting Scriptures? Or is the King James Version adding them? What was in the original language? The answer is actually the second as scholars have noticed that it is a verse that should not be in the Bible at all. Though Trinitarians, these scholars show that it is just that, something that shouldn't be in the Bible. They still believe in the Trinity but reject the main KJV scripture aside from John 1:1 that supports it in this short video:
Finally, since providing the KJV evidence does not completely prove the authenticity of the Unitarian's stand, we must go to the original languages. These two links give the original language text:
On the above links, look up Deuteronomy 6:4 and John 1:1.

Tilar forfeited this round.
Posted by codermatt 10 months ago
The motion is obviously true.
It is called the "New World Translation".
Posted by tstor 10 months ago
They do have their own Bible translation. I agree that it is one of the most, if not the most, accurate Bible translation out there. That does not change the fact that they are the ones who develop and produce it.