guzzzzo
Gizers

Do Money Make you happy?

guzzzzo

guzzzzo

Con

People say money equals happiness...
To what extent is this true?
I have always been the first person to say yes, Money means Happiness, until I had to chose between money and love, and I've chosen Money. I know I won't be happy until i'll get over this person.
So i must say money doesn't mean happiness, but it is a priority for all of us, or at least for me.
What do you think? Does money make you happy?
Gizers

Pro

Ok, just to clarify my stance, I do not believe money itself can make anybody happy, because happy is an emotion one can choose to feel, unless hindered by a chemical imbalance of the brain. However, I do believe that the pursuit of happiness does go hand and hand with monetary success. I could indeed be happy without money, but does the gift of money make me happy, knowing I can satisfy a want or need? Yes, yes it does. That is all the argument I will have since usually the first post is about confirming/accepting.
guzzzzo

Con

guzzzzo forfeited this round.
Gizers

Pro

Gizers forfeited this round.
guzzzzo

Con

guzzzzo forfeited this round.
Gizers

Pro

Gizers forfeited this round.
Posted by Longline 3 years ago
Longline
You get happy, when your team win a game, in this situation we can agree that the cause of your happiness was due to the ability of your team performance. You also get happy when someone bye you a car, now, the byeing action is what cause you happiness. Trust I belive have very little to do with the power that follows money.

It is more like a law rather then trust, when you are arrested it does matter if you trust the officer that is arresting you, you know his position and the power he has. So therefore you will not ask him, if he will turn you in or not, instead you will view it from a lawful perspective, such as, what is my rights, and is he allow to use his power in this matter?.

Same as the power that follows money, if you walk in a store you know how much you have, and you know how much it's worth, since everything in the store has an equivalent worth of money, you will get what your money is equivalent to.

We think money cannot bey happiness because human find it difficult to calculate how much our emotions is worth. But I'm sure if we can put a price on life, emotions such as happiness such be an easy one.

Don't you think?
Posted by Mike_10-4 3 years ago
Mike_10-4
Money only gives you freedom.
Posted by saxman 3 years ago
saxman
Happy is a weak word. It will make you happy, but happiness only lasts for a short time. Joy is more lasting, which is better fed by love. And there are also different types of love. Agape, Phileo, Eros, and Charity are the basic types of love. Now I don't know about you, but doesn't giving away money make you happier than hoarding it for the sake of wealth. Now the problem lies when you put money ahead of somebody you love on your priorities. I want Joy, not money nor happiness. And it is better to be joyful than to be rich, for joy brings richness of life, but money is like a one-sided relationship. You love it but it never loves you back.
Posted by Loveshismom 3 years ago
Loveshismom
As a gambler's grandson, I can tell you this: he went bankrupt and lost everything because he wanted money. So no, I don't think money can make people happy.
Posted by jdean1 3 years ago
jdean1
Not 100% sure what your exact stance is, but in reality I agree that it is trust we have in the money and also the need for money to accomplish daily tasks and aspirations.
Posted by T_parkour 3 years ago
T_parkour
Does this mean that trust is happiness? Money itself is worthless without trust. U.S. currency is not backed up by anything except the people's faith and trust in the government. There is no gold to fall back on, nothing. Just trust.
Posted by Longline 3 years ago
Longline
To be honest, it is not the money by itself that make people happy about it, the power that follows it.

After all it's just a pices of paper, but thinking about what it's worth is and having a lot of it makes certain people happy.

Now for those who say money does not make you happy, they have to define happiness and stay with one definite answer. Because if you are happy because something cause something to happen then it's is the first something that created that happiness, so therefore that something is able to creat hippiness.
Vote Placed by Loveshismom 3 years ago
Loveshismom
guzzzzoGizersTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument wasn't about money itself making you happy. The debate was "do money make you happy?" not something like "money can buy happiness."