Grenspal
Rachelle1625

Do Most Debate.org Participants Post Lame Debates?

Grenspal

Pro

Do most Debate.org participants post lame debates? I think they do! How many of us have come on to this site just to find find uninteresting debates?
Rachelle1625

Con

I don't believe that participants have lam debates. Mostly because people may have different interests than you do, that doesn't give you the right or the authority to say anyone's debate is lame. I mean some people just don't really know good topics to debate about.
Grenspal

Pro

You say people don't know what to debate about? If that's the case, why debate at all? If you're unsure whether anyone will want to debate a topic you're unsure about yourself why even do it?

Lame debates are results of people not thinking them through enough and based on what I've seen people don't seem to think through them too well.

If you were to post a debate, you should first think who you want to debate with, then think what they would like to debate about. The fact that they are asking others to debate, makes the other people the chooser of whether it is lame or not. So yes, I do have the right to say people post lame debates because I am the person who responds to the debate they have proposed.
Rachelle1625

Con

Lame debates is all about the opinion you personally have. It would be wrong and rude to call someone's thoughts that they feel are important lame. I mean sometimes there are some debates that mean nothing or make no sense most likely because they don't know how to word their statement across. Everyone should also notice that there are a differences in ages on Debate,org so they may think it is appropriate. Some people just have different minds than what we do. We do all have to respect that.
Grenspal

Pro

You misunderstand the topic.

The topic is centered on the debates themselves. The topic they posted. Not the debaters' opinions on the matter. You are too quick to call me rude or mean when you don't fully comprehend the debate.

You also have further proven one of my previous points. You said, "there are some debates that mean nothing or make no sense most likely because they don't know how to word their statement across." And I said, "Lame debates are results of people not thinking them through enough". Participants don't fully think them through which makes the debate lame.
Rachelle1625

Con

Rachelle1625 forfeited this round.
Grenspal

Pro

I'm waiting!
Rachelle1625

Con

In all honesty no has lame debates, they are all special in their own way. They seem to want to show their interests through debates and they whole point of debates is to share their thoughts on a topic that they are interested in. Some debates are very interesting but they have restrictions on them so the person interested in it can't possibly answer. Maybe some people should just open their minds to other ways of people expressing their interests instead of just judging because of it. I am actually not calling anyone rude in the whole debate so therefore I do not understand why you would state that in debate two.
Grenspal

Pro

Grenspal forfeited this round.
Rachelle1625

Con

Let's let the voting begin :)
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Peepette, they're blocked to everyone. Experienced debaters know on here that if you don't choose an opponent you trust to follow through, the debater could lose interest and forfeit the debate. Happens all the time. Plus there's always the monthly beginner's tournament for beginners to build up a reputation.
Posted by Cami95 1 year ago
Cami95
I am open to most topics.
Posted by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
There are a few very interesting debates but are blocked to lower ranked individuals.
Posted by Grenspal 1 year ago
Grenspal
That would be something. Hmm, what kind of debate do you have in mind?
Posted by Cami95 1 year ago
Cami95
I have not yet done a debate. I would be happy to debate you on something... though being new to the site this topic is not interesting to me.