dhardage
Yooper

Do Santa's reindeer fly by Antigravity Harnesses (Pro) or Magic Moss (Con)

Yooper
Started: 12/4/2014 Category: Funny

dhardage

Pro

After examining the flight patterns of Santa's sleigh over a number of years I have determined that the reindeer are using one of two methods of pulling it, antigravity harnesses or magic moss fed to them by the elves. I believe they have antigravity harnesses. I challenge anyone to take the Con point of view.

No limits, just have a good time with it.
Yooper

Con

Thank you for posting this debate.

Please bear with me as this is my first debate here and while I have been reading many of the debates there seem only to be a general range of procedures, which I will attempt to follow.

If I understand correctly you are of the position that Santa's Reindeer are given flight by anti-gravity harnesses versus the eating of magical moss. While both are highly plausible, the case is going to come down to which is the most efficient.
dhardage

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge. I will begin my arguments with a quick analysis of how fast that sleigh must go in order to complete deliveries in one night. It's awfully bloody fast. In order for the sleigh to stop and actually land long enough to allow presents to be delivered, it must be able to accelerate like a bat out of Hades and stop on the proverbial dime. Only antigravity technology could do that without turning Santa into a red and white puddle on the seat. Plain old physics makes it necessary for the sleigh and all its equipment to be capable of controlling gravity. Let's see those elves do that.
Yooper

Con

" Plain old physics" that is why I have to go with magic moss. The amount of energy needed for Jolly the Old fellow to get up to those speed time and time again is insurmountable. I have tried to calculate the amount of energy needed but without knowing the the weight of Santa, his sleigh and the reindeer, or the power requirements of the anti-gravity harness I just cannot do this.

The magic moss however does not have this power limitation. As magic is outside of the laws of physics. Santa's sleigh cannot only accelerate to required speeds it can and does occupy several different points on the Earth at the same time. (I believe this is related to the speed he is travelling so it also helps out if he is using anti-gravity harnesses.)

I will save my best argument for the last round.
dhardage

Pro

It's well known that Santa perfected matter/antimatter power generation long ago so power is no problem for him, since a gram of cookie will produce enough energy to power New York for a thousand years. Magic is no match for technology and Santa only appears to be two places at once since, at near the speed of light time slows down to nearly nothing. Relativistic travel is the only logical answer and only space bending antigravity technology could make it work.
Yooper

Con

To quote someone famous, badly "Sufficiently advanced technology will look like magic ." Which then implies the opposite that "magic will look like advance technology" which is why you have gotten it wrong and gone with the anti-gravity harness.

While I agree Santa is the master of matter/antimatter power generation and the cookies he picks should provide enough power for his sleigh, Santa also is a safety nut, and all that power being generated at speed around the Earth could disrupt electronics of all sorts. If he disrupted the power grids where would he get his hot cocoa from? The number of gas powered stoves has been on the decrease for years.

Lastly, Santa can keep his Reindeer fed the magic moss strategically planted through out the world, which he has done. I know this as my grandfathers house has been for many years one of these feeding places. This is why I know Santa has the ability to be in multiple places at once. Heard from him directly a few years ago.
Posted by ShadowHawk555 2 years ago
ShadowHawk555
HAHHAHAHAH that was awesome!
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
Now you tell me!
Posted by dtaylor971 2 years ago
dtaylor971
0_o
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
dhardageYooperTied
Reasons for voting decision: no magic rebuttal from pro.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
dhardageYooperTied
Reasons for voting decision: con proved that not only Santa could benefit from the magic moss, but also his reindeer.