AdamBabs
Dark_Soul

Do Schools focus more on Grades (Pro) or Intelligence (Con)

AdamBabs

Con

I believe that Schools focus too heavily on what your grade is rather than what you are learning. Currently, schools are pressuring student on keeping their grades up. Sure having good grades is good, but in some cases they don't measure your knowledge. You can really understand a subject and know exactly what the material is, but none of that matters because you didn't turn in one homework assignment and that brought your grade down 1%. According to schools, that's the end of the world. Now you'll never be able to get into an Ivy League school all because you didn't turn in a homework assignment. Also going by that mindset, its okay if you don't understand the material because there is always time for you to relearn an entire lesson while everyone rockets ahead. There is no way to win in the American School systems. The stress that teachers put on the students for turning in assignments than they do about how well you understand it. Any student can get answers for their homework off of the Internet but a true intellect would be able to do the work, but occasionally forget to turn it in. I don't think grades should be determined by any sort of participation or homework grades, but instead on the more important things such as quizzes and tests. I believe schools emphasize the importance of Grades more than intelligence.
Source: http://www.education.com...
Dark_Soul

Pro

You make a very compelling case, but i will fight my side.

Schools focus hard on grades for a reason, homework is assigned for a reason, you need to practice what you've learned, if you aren't doing your homework, or your classwork that tells the teachers you aren't learning, or understand what they taught you that day. Imagine if you will, you've just graduated high school, and you can barely remember anything of what you learned, that is a problem. I believe they focus on intelligence more than grades, If you don't have good grades you aren't doing your work which might suggest you don't know how to do the material. How will you get a job if you don't know how to do what they expect you to do?

Let the Debate Start!
AdamBabs

Con

AdamBabs forfeited this round.
Dark_Soul

Pro

Go ahead, i'm waiting on an argument from you
AdamBabs

Con

AdamBabs forfeited this round.
Dark_Soul

Pro

Well considering my opponent has forfeited both other rounds i will say one thing:

Schools, focus on both the 2 matters discussed in this Debate.
Posted by Dark_Soul 2 years ago
Dark_Soul
Are you going to post an argument against me?
Posted by AdamBabs 2 years ago
AdamBabs
sorry about the delay, something came up and I didn't have Internet access. I do however like your arguement.
Posted by Dark_Soul 2 years ago
Dark_Soul
I would like for everyone to vote for me, the other guy has not posted another argument.
Posted by Dark_Soul 2 years ago
Dark_Soul
The other guy hasn't posted another argument, the voting will be close
Posted by Liberal97 2 years ago
Liberal97
I wouldn't say that high schools focus on the grades. Almost every teacher I've had has cared more about me learning the content than the grade. However, colleges and parents stress the grades so much that kids become distracted and are only there to make the grades. This should be an interesting debate to whoever takes it