cameron99589
Fatuous

Do Video Games Create Violence (Genius Hour)

cameron99589

Con

Video games do not cause children or any players to be violent, this is a myth. There are tons of studies that argue the case that video games are detrimental to our society but these studies only see and argue for one side of the spectrum.
Fatuous

Pro

. Since your argument is that video games caused NO violence it is easy to prove you wrong. Most of gaming today is online, and alot of yelling, remote bashing, and violent actions occur when certain people play them. Ever hear of the term swatting? It's when one gamer calls the SWAT team on another gamer http://www.theblaze.com...
cameron99589

Con

What I meant by "violence" was children or adults who play video games becoming murderers, there is definitely violence when it comes to swatting but that it not the type I was referring to. I meant like people who play Call of Duty going out and reenacting what they just did in the game on real innocent people.
Fatuous

Pro

I see your point, even though people don't go out and copy what they do in Call of Duty. Online gaming when not played responsibility does damage the player especially if he/she is young. Just like alcohol and other addictive substances, online video gaming when not played RESPONSIBLY sets the player down a dark path. http://healthland.time.com...
Posted by Fatuous 1 year ago
Fatuous
Cool Cool. Have fun with this website. :)
Posted by cameron99589 1 year ago
cameron99589
Yea I'm still pretty new and this is just for a school project
Posted by Fatuous 1 year ago
Fatuous
I read your comment. I understand what you mean. Next time be more specific i guess. Debate.org gets very technical
Posted by cameron99589 1 year ago
cameron99589
What I meant by the debate (should have been more specific) was that people (mainly children) playing violent video games becoming violent murderers is a myth and that all of the studies done on the matter have been extremely biased and frankly wrong.
Posted by cameron99589 1 year ago
cameron99589
Posted by cameron99589 1 year ago
cameron99589
Posted by cameron99589 1 year ago
cameron99589
Posted by Fatuous 1 year ago
Fatuous
Hey dude, is your argument about online gaming or single player games? I'll debate you if you think online games don't cause any violence. Offline single player games don't cause any violence according to me, just online games. :)