TheSwagBandit
mr1234sharingan

Do You Think AMD is Better Than Intel?

Started: 4/8/2014 Category: Technology

TheSwagBandit

Pro

I know that there are compelling arguments for both sides, but I believe that AMD surpasses Intel in price and performance.

Can't wait to have a fine debate with some beautiful fellow computer enthusiast!
mr1234sharingan

Con

obviously AMD is cheaper and have an advantage in terms of performance however they overheat quite fast and there have been some complains about its durability compared to the intel
TheSwagBandit

Pro

Although they may overheat more, you can install things as needed, like liquid cooling, extra fans, etc. I built a gaming tower using only 300$ worth of parts, and I can run almost any game, including BF4 at low graphics settings. The processor I use is the AMD A6-6400K Richland CPU paired with a GeForce GT 630. The only reason I cannot run BF4 at higher settings is the fact that I am running on only two gigabytes of RAM because of another stick malfunction. Some people like Intel over AMD simply because you are "getting your money's worth", but when you are going with a tight budget like I was, AMD takes first place.
mr1234sharingan

Con

the more complex you computer is, the more its prone to damages or anything could go wrong from here and when there is so much stuff on your computer /CPU casing and it'll end up sucking more electricity and and the temperature will get higher and much expensive cooling systems will be much required for all of it to work out fine. Second if your gonna buy computers part by part and not as a whole/package, it always important to keep everything as simple as possible and always ask for the help of the professionals and if it is for gaming, you need a good ram, don't use ordinary video-card/cooling system if you don't wanna additional damages & expenses in the future, but if your really are desperate for gaming but doesn't have enough money then go for the amd cpu but be sure to pair it with a heat sinks like Cooler Master Hyper 212 or any gaming heat sinks because amd are overheating quite fast but don't ever use AMD motherboards(because their not durable) and be sure to have at least two fans on the casing. And GeForce GT 630 is a good choice and about the graphics setting problems,you should consult the source/store on where you buyed that product.
TheSwagBandit

Pro

I agree with a few things, simplistic IS better. And AMD motherboards are terrible, because they are not what AMD specializes in. And AMD CPUs' are just as durable as any Intel CPU, price does not matter. Although they overheat more, which is a true fact, but even if you buy a new heat sync it will still be less expensive than an i5. I have a cooler master fan mounted to the outside of my case, and it helps alot, I can overclock without overheating. AMD just came out with the best proessor in the world, and it is cheaper than an i7 Extreme. I think that although you are trading in price for slightly more heat, it is a better deal. And, I am saving up for ram, Kingston (because it is just as good as corsair, but it's like twenty dollars cheaper) to be specific. And once that is finished, I can game medium setting on BF4. So, for under four hundred dollars, it's a pretty good setup in my eyes.
mr1234sharingan

Con

yeah that's my point AMD are just cheap because of the cheap material used to manufactured it which makes it cheaper, the reason i would stick with intel
Posted by mr1234sharingan 3 years ago
mr1234sharingan
Posted by Megalobrainiac 3 years ago
Megalobrainiac
I'm posting this on my alien-ware laptop. 'Nuff said. F*ck AMD.