Speed6033
TryingAtLogic

Do You Think God Exists? I do.

Speed6033

Pro

God hasn't interfered with modern life because in every religious text it is said that its supposed to be a test, and what is the point of a test when you are given the answers? I believe in God because you cannot prove evolution the same way you can't prove that there is a God. I believe that there is a God, because I do not believe that the Earth, the Sun, and the Solar System happened to create itself. I took the time to study nature and also found that Nature always fixes itself no matter what we humans do, or what happens, and I think the only one capable of making such an intricate system is God Himself. I believe in God, and I am not scared of death, because as long as I do good, I shall go to heaven, which is my prize.

Another reason why I believe in God is because science isn"t fully developed. I mean, just a couple hundred years ago, we used to believe that the world was flat! So I don"t believe that Science counts as any answer, which is what Atheists rely heavily on. The only way to prove an Atheist wrong, is to prove Science wrong, which is impossible because Science always changes. I respect Atheists, if I was born an Atheist, is would be hard for me to start believing in God just because of what some guy says on the Internet. I was born believing in God, so its hard for me to stop believing in Him. Also, I would like to add that I do not believe Jesus is God, and neither do I believe that the Holy Ghost is God. I only believe in one God, and that is the God hopefully waiting to have us all enter heaven.
TryingAtLogic

Con

I respectfully accept the debate and, since it was not specified, will allow the instigator to open the debate (logically, they also have the burden of proof). I eagerly await their reply, which will hopefully include a formal definition of "God."

-regards,
TryingAtLogic
Speed6033

Pro

God is a supreme being, neither male nor female, (we wouldn"t know, we"ve never seen him) that has created Earth, the Solar System, and the entire universe. Basically He (He is referred to as He, because of modern stereotypes that declare males being the lead gender on Earth) created everything that is Natural, and indirectly created everything artificial (By making humans).

That is the definition of God, I look forward to our debate.
TryingAtLogic

Con

Since your god here seems to hold no creed, is this deity a foundation to deism? Pantheism? Nevertheless, this god is in no way that I can see related to any known religions and, accordingly, should not be pertinent to any scriptures. The evidence will be strictly upon you and scientific finding.

Moreover, is it not a paradoxical assertion that a deity is genderless, but then to perpetuate genders on them, even if only in accordance with modern stereotype? After all, it was a "modern stereotype" circa 1490 C.E. that Earth was flat. The prolific nature of a stereotype does not make it true, nor does it flatter human intelligence to reiterate it.

And since I can't really counter any point you've made (I reiterate, you have the burden of proof), I'm not really capable of hoping giving a sophistication reprise. The only real thing I can assail is that why would any deity create something--in this case, the universe--only to plague it with disasters innumerable? Strictly on Earth alone, we have plague, famine, natural disaster, survival of the fittest, ect., ect.. Once we leave the pale blue dot, as Sagan put it, we are venturing into a place where mountains--literal mountains--of rock hurl through occupied space, where the air cannot be breathed by most life forms, where the nearest safe haven is light years away. Our own pale blue dot will not survive much longer, since the sun is going to burn out--that is, after it expands and cooks us. Some time in the future the Andromeda galaxy is going to crash into our own Milky Way and then one must say, "Auf wiedersehen" (German for: "I hope to see you again") to the idealistic ovular shape that the galaxy currently holds. We will indeed be thrown out of place, not be an asteroid or something of that manner, but by another galaxy. But what does that matter? Eventually the universe will expand to such a point that it will be so massive that it will have to collapse in on itself, and everything will be destroyed.

What grand invention is this that your deity has created? It speaks to the mannerism of a child, stacking blocks atop each other only to knock them down.

-regards,
TryingAtLogic
Speed6033

Pro

Speed6033 forfeited this round.
TryingAtLogic

Con

I have no further arguments to give since no empirical nor logical evidence has been offered that I can counter. When such arrives, I will retort. The burden of proof is still on Pro.

-regards,
TryingAtLogic
Speed6033

Pro

God did not create the universe just to plague it. He didn't even plague it. What he did was, he created humans to be free-minded, meaning us, humans decide on our actions. He then created Nature, The Earth, The Universe, and then he began to watch what we would do with all of our surroundings. Life is a test for every human, and humans born poor with no money, food, and water? They are our tests, yes, mine and yours. Will we help them or ignore them?

What do you believe happens after death. Do we just die? Nothing happens? No. God judges us by everything we have done. You must be an Atheist, so, because you have no "rules" and no "God" does that mean that you can break every rule, and achieve every sin and receive no punishment? Furthermore, how do you think everything was made. All you have to do is look down, up, and all around and think: "Who could have made such a system that does not fail?" Imagine where we would be today in Earth if there were no Plagues. Our resources would have already finished, there would have been no more room on Earth, and our population would be much higher then today"s. So, regarding your metaphor: "...stacking blocks atop each other only to knock them down." I"ve answered it. But, just a re-cap: Humans have free-will, and we are the ones who destroyed the Earth, not God.

One more point before I go, If you don"t believe in God, you must believe in evolution, and I must ask you, because you seem like a really smart man to ponder the following question: Can evolution build an unbreakable natural system?
TryingAtLogic

Con

In Response to Argument to Creation:

Have you not examined that which is nature? Earth? The Universe? Since Earth and the Universe are part of the nature, it is clearly unnecessary to elaborate that nature is flawed if I elaborate that Earth and the Universe are flawed. Thus:

Earth: plague, starvation, natural disasters, radical environments, etc., etc..

Universe: asteroids, poor star formation, universal expansion, colliding galaxies, the death of our sun, CO2, no oxygen in space, etc., etc..

All of these things humans have absolutely no control over. How is it part of a deity's judgment that one should suffer whilst the latter is affected by something another cannot fix?

Response to Argument to Death:

"What do you believe happens after death. Do we just die? Nothing happens?" Yes. I see no scientific reason to believe anything else.

Response to Argument to Divine Morality:

Not only is morality not empirical evidence of any deity, but your deity--if he exists--is not even a moral deity. If we examine the evidence, we see that your deity--who is either omnipotent or omniscient (see arguments about)--has created a very flawed system, with either the power to change it, or, in past tense, having the knowledge that it shall be flawed and still deigning to create it.

Moreover, God is in no way pertinent to the perpetuation of my morality, but I do not deign to continue the counteraction of such an argument past this round because it is in no way relevant to the debate. Conclusively:

Imagine the Israelites as Moses walked down with the Ten Commandments. When they saw "Thou Shalt not Kill" they exclaimed, "Oh, thou shalt NOT kill! How silly of us to think otherwise!"--Christopher Hitchens, paraphrased. Ironically, Yahweh then urged the Israelites to ruthlessly murder the occupants of the "holy land."

Response to Argument to Creation:

The system, if indeed you mean the universe, is failing! What a horrendous scientific illiteracy, to state that the system does not fail. It will indeed fail, approximately around the time it collapses in on itself.

Response to Argument to Humanity:

Yes, indeed, humans have destroyed Earth. So has God. Suffice to say, the fact that X slit the throat of the Y does not render innocence to the fact that, at precisely the same time, Z was stabbing Y repeated.

Besides, if your god is omniscience then he would already have known that humans were going to perpetuate damage, so why not make them more docile--yet still give them free will--when he created them? That leaves you only omnipotence as a counter, and a flawed counter be that.

Response to Argument to Evolution:

No, of course evolution cannot build an unbreakable natural system. That is precisely why 95-99% of all species that have ever lived on Earth no longer do.

Argument to lack thereof Evidence:

You will please note that you offered no empirical nor logical evidence for the existence of God; you simply assigned humans free will. Your point?
Speed6033

Pro

Speed6033 forfeited this round.
TryingAtLogic

Con

The only thing that my opponent even began to contend was the morality of their deity, which is in no way pertinent to their existence; and since my opponent had the burden of proof, it is essentially a mute point to even contemplate a closing argument that exceeds five hundred characters. I rest my case simply on that I do not even need to have a case because no opposing case was given.

-regards,
TryingAtLogic
Posted by Speed6033 3 years ago
Speed6033
Sorry, I didn"t actually Forfeit, I didn"t find the time to post.
Posted by NarutoUzamaki 3 years ago
NarutoUzamaki
I myself think he exist
Posted by ATHOS 3 years ago
ATHOS
provide a clear definition of "god". What is its content?