debatequee03
BrokenBlood

Do Zoos Do more harm than good?

debatequee03

Pro

Zoos do more harm than good as animals cannot roam around freely in zoos like they do in jungles and forests. Animals also have limited space. Zoos also teach animals tricks and hardly give them time to play on their own. So, zoos do more harm than good..
BrokenBlood

Con

You have a very narrow viewpoint to why zoos are bad. Let me broaden the big picture.

Zoos are very much a good thing.

I have noticed you are using stereotypes to justify zoos are"bad". That's like saying all zoos are perfect because one or a few are.

Zoos are not bad. Zoo workers can be bad.

In fact, many zoos are strictly monitored for mistreatment.

Zoos provide a place for endangered animals to flourish and be able to fill up the wild once more.

They also provide a place for many young people to understand the beauty of animals they are not used to seeing, so much so chances are they wouldn't grow up to become lets say a poacher.

Please take a look at the animals that are extinct and could have been extinct because of poachers.
Also look at the zoos that are helping animals and love animals.(I won't use that as justification for all zoos being good.)

Without many of the zoos, many animals would be gone(I know many endangered species are not in zoos, but in reservations and enclosures within the safari and many other areas.

Many animals in our wild are gone and almost gone.
Poachers are far worse than zoos.

If you will not take the small chance that someone in the zoo could be mean then you are taking a higher chance for rare and somewhat rare animals to no longer exist.

To keep it short, I accept.
debatequee03

Pro

debatequee03 forfeited this round.
BrokenBlood

Con

It appears I have won and persuaded Pro zoos are good ;)
debatequee03

Pro

debatequee03 forfeited this round.
BrokenBlood

Con

BrokenBlood forfeited this round.
Posted by JoeyH 2 years ago
JoeyH
I am against, I agree with Brokenblood. Lots of animals are being hurt, they starve, they are also used for entertainment for us humans.