Do after school programs help or hinder students

In this debate, the first person to accept will be my challenger. The challenger will be taking the position of Con, stating that after school programs hinder students in some way shape or form.

1st round, acceptance and opening argument
2nd round rebuttal and closing argument.

my opening argument, after school programs help students because they provide extra time and resources to further help the student understand any material he/she is having trouble with.
They also help students because they provide some extra time and generally a quiet environment for students to complete their after school work where as at home they may not have that quiet environment.
Finally, after school programs help students because they are the clubs that require a little more time to meet in. Students enjoy letting loose in an improv club or democrat/republican club, and take away any unnecessary stress set upon the student from the past 7 hours.

I gladly look forward to my opponent and good luck to you.

I accept and thank Pro for opening this debate.

I also thank Pro for generously stating that the challenger only needs to state that "after school programs hinder students in some way shape or form."

I will now provide a basic definition of hinder for clarity:

make it difficult for (someone) to do something or for (something) to happen. (I simply typed 'define hinder' in Google.)

My argument is that after school programs require time (obviously). That is time that the student could be using for other things. It is hindering that student's ability to spend that time elsewhere, such as playing with friends, at parties, or extracurricular activities such as swimming or tennis. This debate is not about whether such a hinderance is worth the benefits gained from after school programs, it is simply a question of whether after school programs hinder students or not. I have just shown that they do.

Thus, the resolution is nulled.

Hello83433 forfeited this round.

I extend my arguments and believe they are sufficient to show that after school programs hinder students in many ways.
Posted by debate339 2 years ago
Nice job simple guy! that was a great takedown
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Con Gave definition and better explained his case so convincing arguments points goes to Con.