lisaaa1122
arthurv

Do beauty contests serve any purpose in society? Should there be any male beauty contests?

lisaaa1122

Con

I don't believe that beauty contests serve any purpose in society. I believe that there are definitely pros and cons to competing in different beauty contests but I don't see how they serve a purpose in society. I also don't believe that there should be male beauty contests. Overall I don't think that beauty contest serve any purpose in society.
arthurv

Pro

Well like you said there are positive aspects and negative aspects. Some people like to play football and some people don't. Some people just play a kind of sport just to feel good in the society and they feel needed because of this. And for some people they would feel better if they enter a beauty contest. Personally i wouldn't enter a contest like this but I can imagine that some people in the world in any country really need this like I said that some people need a sport.
lisaaa1122

Con

I do agree with what you are saying that some people do need these beauty pageants. The real question here though is do they serve a purpose in society. I believe that the answer to that question is no. They aren't necessarily useful in any to anyone except the people who like to compete in them. They don't add anything useful or important to our society.
arthurv

Pro

Well I agree with you, but like I said with the example of sport that it has a purpose for maybe a small amount of people in this world to help them with their development and that is why it has a purpose in society.
lisaaa1122

Con

lisaaa1122 forfeited this round.
arthurv

Pro

arthurv forfeited this round.
Posted by Knightingale51 2 years ago
Knightingale51
beauty contests are basically the hot or not app in real life