chrissss
ShelbeyTheMelody

Do colleges/universities really need to know a persons race on an application?

chrissss

Con

i feel that most people don't get in to the college of their choice mainly because of their race. Like what if some racist person doesn't like a particular race and many kids with good grades don't get it because they made up a lie or something saying they didn't have enough space.
ShelbeyTheMelody

Pro

First of all I would like to thank you for opening this debate and allowing me to partake in it. :)

I think that when colleges/universities ask for your race on an application, they aren't using it for your evaluation of whether or not you should get in. Think of it this way, when they ask for your name, they aren't judging whether or not they should let you in based on that, it's just basic information. Also, when they ask for your race, they could be using it for statistics to identify what percentage of their student body are what race. Maybe they could be using it to gather information about what kind of programs they should be offering in order to provide for their diversity.

I do see where you're coming from, I research colleges a lot and I have come across colleges where they blatantly say they use your race to determine your acceptance, but from what I have seen, that is pretty rare.

I hope you are having a wonderful day and I'm looking forward to hearing your argument. :)
chrissss

Con

i agree with your argument and thank you for letting me see your side which i really never took a thought to think about. :)
ShelbeyTheMelody

Pro

Thank you so much :)

Have a wonderful day :)
chrissss

Con

chrissss forfeited this round.
ShelbeyTheMelody

Pro

ShelbeyTheMelody forfeited this round.
chrissss

Con

chrissss forfeited this round.
ShelbeyTheMelody

Pro

ShelbeyTheMelody forfeited this round.
chrissss

Con

chrissss forfeited this round.
ShelbeyTheMelody

Pro

ShelbeyTheMelody forfeited this round.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
It basically never matters what your race is. If ou graduate high school or had a good ACT score and got your GED, you get into a university. Plus you can usually opt out of stating your race.