Fb6
ordinaryman

Do everything happen for a reason or is it up on fate?

ordinaryman

Fb6

Pro

Many things happen but we don't find the reason why they happened or why it went that way when there were many other logical possibilities. Quantum physics nowadays is finding new ways of predicting the future.It doesn't give us an answer about what makes things happen but it says that it happens because it has x/y chances so it was fate.

I do personally thing that non-intentional actions are not true.I believe in the rationality of everything.Not even a leave leaves its limb without a reason.God makes everything happen for a reason.
ordinaryman

Con

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.
Thank you, Mr. Instigator for opening this debate.

As the instigator, Mr. Fb6, stated his personal belief that everything happens for a reason, I shall argue the contrary; that the phenomenon "fate," is indeed a viable explanation for daily occurrences and life in general.

As Mr. Fb6 has stated that everything happens for a reason, he must prove that there is no fate/luck/chance that exists in our world.

As Mr. Fb6 has decided to base their argument on their belief in God, I will politely refute his claim with his own religion.

My first argument is as follows:

How can one claim to know the purposes of God? If God truly has a purpose for everything, then he is thereby in control of everything. By giving every occurrence a purpose, God then defeats the illusion of free will. If everything movement, interaction, and decision has a divine purpose, then our individuality is destroyed and we are nothing more than puppets controlled by God.

As Isaiah John 7:17 states, "If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own."

We can choose to do God's will or not, thereby insinuating the concept of "free will" that all humans have. If we can choose to follow God's plan or not, then God does not have control over everything, thus God cannot give a reason/purpose to everything.
Fb6

Pro

Fb6 forfeited this round.
ordinaryman

Con

As my opponent has forfeited the previous round, it does not seem necessary for me to further prove my point.

Hopefully my opponent responds the next round, as I am interested in continuing this debate.
Fb6

Pro

Fb6 forfeited this round.
ordinaryman

Con

Dissapointingly, Pro has conced every round. Just take a second to vote con, thank you!
Posted by ordinaryman 2 years ago
ordinaryman
Sagey do you want to have a debate about God being omnipotent and/or a debate on subjective vs objective human purpose?
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
There is no such thing as Fate, unless the thing makes it's own Fate, say a criminal getting locked up is Fate, because the criminal made their own fate through criminal activities. But there is no fate or predestination from any supreme Omniscient Deity.
We cannot have Free Will if an Omniscient God existed, since that means everything is predestined, and you have no free will if your life is predestined (God knows your past, present and future, Omniscience).
As far as Reason, I don't know whether Pro means Reason is a Cause or an Intention or Purpose by some supernatural Agent. The Supernatural Agent is an Ancient human misconception that Science has destroyed.
Assuming Pro's use of Reason means Supernatural Intention or Purpose (which is most likely a better term),
The only reason/Purpose given to anything is the reason you give it yourself.
If you believe everything happens for a Intentional Reason, it is your mind that is giving the happening the Reason.
The Reason rarely exists outside your own mind.
Example: A hurricane hits my home and destroys it and my neighbors house was hardly damaged, so my very religious neighbor told me that the hurricane destroyed my home because God hates non-believers.
It was my neighbor that gave Reason to the Storm, that reason only exists in my neighbors brain, nowhere else. Where I know that my home was hit harder than my neighbors due to his house being sheltered by the large factory building behind it, which was directing the air currents towards my house,

Religious people think life was started for a reason. Yet, it was just that our planet happen to be in a sweet spot for Life to form with the right conditions. There are possibly millions of planets in our universe that are also ideal for life to form and most likely also have living organisms on them, but we will never be able to tell.
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Fb6ordinarymanTied
Reasons for voting decision: I could not understand whether Pro was meaning a Reason as a Cause or Reason being a Divine Purpose. I assumed a divine purpose and so did Con, Pro's grammar was so bad that even I could pick it up, though possibly English is not Pro's first language, or Strong Point. Pro also awarded Con a conduct point by forfeiting.
Vote Placed by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
Fb6ordinarymanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Fb6ordinarymanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture