Anara
imabench

Do good things need advertising?

imabench

Anara

Pro

When people say that good things don`t need advertising, they are wrong! Every goods need advertising, it doesn`t matter it is good or bad! The most important thing is that consumer should be informed about your goods and then if a consumer is behind the choice which of the products he should choose, without doubt he will choose which one he knows.
imabench

Con

I think I can handle a 3 round debate....

Good things dont need to be advertised because there is no need to advertise anything at all. It would be in everyones best interest if a good product was advertised to make more money, but that doesnt necessarily mean it needs to be advertised.... If a cure for cancer was discovered then it wouldnt need to be advertised, it would be nice if it was, but it doesnt need to be because no product, no matter how good or bad it may be, needs to be advertised.

"The most important thing is that consumer should be informed about your goods"

LOL ,and when have advertisements EVER been 100% informative about what a product does? You think Axe bod spray really makes Angels fall from the sky to have sex with you? Of course not.... The only way that Axe helps you get a woman is if you spray it in her eyes and drag her into an alley..... But we all dont want to see that advertisement come out on TV do we? Advertisements are mis-informative above anything else, they are used mostly to mislead people into believing that a product is the best thing ever made. In reality though, we are simply buying yet another product we dont need, with money we dont have, to impress people we dont like.....

On a third note, what happens if a good product gets advertised poorly and actually pushes people away from buying the product? Lets say that Axe body spray really does help you have sex with hot angels, would an advertisement comes out showing a guy spraying Axe in a girls eyes, dragging her into an alley, and then having his way with her convince you to buy this product or to stay away from it?

So my three arguments are
1) Nothing NEEDS to be advertised. It may be in everyones best interests if it was but nothing NEEDS to be advertised
2) Ads can be horribly misleading
3) Ads can actually push people away from a good product and thus would do more harm then good.
Anara

Pro

I,actully, understand all your points. And I am disagree with you absolutely.
First of all, I want make an example it is personal experience from my uncle`s life, she was ill. She is a doctor. And another doctor from capital city said her that it was found a new method to treat her disease. And don`t you think that this can be a kind of advertising? Finally, thank a god, she recovered.

Secondly, if you are realistic, you, of course, understand that the advertising of Axe spray, I mean, the plot is impossible. This advertising is kind of dream, which was only to have fun, to attract audience with funny plot. And don`t you think that the audience will be interested in it because of its plot, but not as you said. It is like joke, which audience support, if you see most of guys use this spray, and they nderstand that if they use this spray no one will run after them even a guy:) They simply are informed about, know this product, it doesn`t matter that this spay can`t forced our dream come true. And you can`t deny that this advertising is successful, people talk about it and right now you too.
Thirdly, I actually don`t understand your las point1 but if this advertising is true, i think everyone will without doubt buy this product.
And I finally, I want to add, there are people, who don`t search interenet or somehow information, which will give them evidence, which of the product good. and when they see axe spray and other one which they don`t know, you think what he choose, i think he will remember that advertising with smile and just buy it for fun.
imabench

Con

imabench forfeited this round.
Anara

Pro

You write that you can handle 3 round! And what?
imabench

Con

imabench forfeited this round.
Posted by Heineken 4 years ago
Heineken
Tonight on FOX:

7:00 PM - Noob Sniping Fail
8:00 PM - When Noobs attack
9:00 PM - COPS - DDO homicide edition
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
The f*ck, how long was each round??
Vote Placed by LaL36 4 years ago
LaL36
AnaraimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for forfeit. Spelling and grammar bad by Pro. And argument: Con completely dismantled pros argument and Pro responds with a completely irrelevant that doesn't address cons argument.
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
AnaraimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro/Instigator had the burden of proof and didn't put forth any convincing arguments for why good products need advertising nor satisfactorily address Con's points. With Con forfeiting two rounds, Pro had plenty of opportunities. I will doc Con conduct points for the forfeit. And because he called me a dingus. :p
Vote Placed by Heineken 4 years ago
Heineken
AnaraimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: So.....Pro's Uncle is a "she", which I somehow find more believable than her being a doctor. (Why is that?) I'm going to tie this, because while Pro get's the conduct vote,he plain old didn't respond to a single argument made by CON. The spelling was hawreebul! So.....you guys should agree to a tie and restart this little shindig.(Is that how shindig is spelled?)