2cool4u
Crazzy

Do humans need religion?

2cool4u

Con

I feel that humans, as a whole do not need any form of religion any longer. It was helpful when we didn't know how the earth was formed or why the sun "came up" every morning and "went down" every night. The way I see it, religion is unnecessary. Without religion, we would be far more advanced as a whole. Without churches burning books and killing scientists, life would be much easier for everyone. Our technology would be far more advanced than it is now. An enormous amount of our history's conflicts has been based on a disagreement of beliefs. I could continue one topics like genocide, technology, and war, but I think that's for you to debate.
Crazzy

Pro

I feel like religion is some thing we need, yet people all around the world argue which religion is true and false, we need religion to give us hope, thinking that there is more to the world instead of space, thinking that there is a new world that we need to discover, us humans are hungry for knowledge, for many things, and religion keeps us wondering how, and what our purpose for us in the world.
2cool4u

Con

2cool4u forfeited this round.
Crazzy

Pro

Crazzy forfeited this round.
2cool4u

Con

2cool4u forfeited this round.
Crazzy

Pro

Crazzy forfeited this round.
2cool4u

Con

2cool4u forfeited this round.
Crazzy

Pro

Crazzy forfeited this round.
2cool4u

Con

2cool4u forfeited this round.
Crazzy

Pro

Crazzy forfeited this round.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
Religion was needed when we had limited knowledge about our world, but now we know more and religion is not a reliable path to knowledge. The more you know the less you believe, just ask a atheist.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
the cold and dark root of a tree is necessary
Posted by racsomv 2 years ago
racsomv
I believe a religion can be believed by those who, well, you know, believe it. But as the topic proposes, if we need a religion, I don't think we have to have religion. What I look forward in seeing this debate is that why do we need religion and if so, how does it benefit us more than it causes problems? Also if we don't need religion, then what was the cause for it in the first place? And if we really need a religion why isn't it happened that "God" has taught us what the real religion is? A lot can come this debate, and I am glad to see what comes from this argumentation.
Posted by lexi_the_best 2 years ago
lexi_the_best
religion does give people hope but it also causes a disruption in society because no one knows who's really right I've seen it tear families apart
Posted by crazytylah 2 years ago
crazytylah
I am kinda in the middle of this topic. I believe most people do need it, it gives them a reason to do what ever, religion gives people comfort, and gives them answers to the questions that cannot be answered.