Percivil
daddydrerek616

Do hybrid cars actually save the environment?

daddydrerek616 has forfeited round #3.
Started: 8/10/2018 Category: Cars
Updated: 4 days ago Status: Debating Period

Percivil

Con

Argument one:

Today, A few car brands such as toyota has started making hybrid cars. These cars run on electricity to power them. This design supposedly saves the environment, But does it? These cars as I mentioned run on electricity. Electricity is produced by mostly fossil fuels all around the globe. Very few countries have enough space or resources to use other forms of energy such as wind(windmills).

In places like singapore, We dont have enough space to build dams or windmills and still there are hybrid cars produced there. Singapore has to rely on fossil fuels to produce electricity for uses such as charging hybrid cars.

Question for my opponent:In countries where they are big enough to make dams, Windmills, Etc. , How much electricity do they use from then as compared to the mass amount of fossil fuels?

Note:If you would like to forfeit a round, Please state so, Thanks.

TRUMPMAGADONALD will not be allowed to participate in this debate
daddydrerek616

Pro

Hello. I am daddydrerek616, And I support hybrid cars.

However, I believe that hybrid cars should run on something other than electricity. A permanent resource, Preferably. This should solve the environment problem. At least, If the people behind the hybrid car business aren't lazy like those fat niggers who sit on their couches all day collecting food stamps, Eating chicken, Eating watermelon, Abusing welfare, And hating white people. This is one of the reasons why we should have only one black family per neighborhood.

Oh, And don't even get me started on the Asians. After all, You live in Singapore, Which is a country in Asia. Asians abuse their kids into being perfect, And they eat dogs. That's all I have to say.

To end my argument, I will answer your question; Definitely less than the hybrid cars now, For sure. Maybe if the people behind the current hybrid cars aren't a bunch of fat black niggers, Then we can have hybrid cars that doesn't rely on electricity and ruin the environment.

Now I have a question for YOU, M'kay? How does it feel to be an Asian? How does it feel to be associated with a race who eats dogs, Masterbates to octopuses/squids, And abuses their children into being perfect?

I wish you good luck in this debate and I hope that this goes well.
Percivil

Con

"At least, If the people behind the hybrid car business aren't lazy like those fat niggers who sit on their couches all day collecting food stamps, Eating chicken, Eating watermelon, Abusing welfare, And hating white people. This is one of the reasons why we should have only one black family per neighborhood. " In this case now where in your eyes the manufacturers are "lazy", Doesn"t that show enough that due to this laziness put in the making of each hybrid car actually save the environment? Which then makes one thing clear to me: Hybrid cars do NOT save the environment.

"How does it feel to be an Asian? How does it feel to be associated with a race who eats dogs, Masterbates to octopuses/squids, And abuses their children into being perfect? "
1)I don"t eat dogs. . . I own them. Only china does. . . Get your facts right.
2)I beg your pardon? Masterbate with octopuses/squids? Bruv where on earth did you get that from?
3)We don"t abuse our kids. . .
daddydrerek616

Pro

First off, They COULD save the environment if the people behind the hybrid cars stop being so f#cking lazy like a fat black nigger and make hybrid cars run on permanent resources. They don't save the the environment NOW, But they CAN in the future. Therefore, This argument is still relevant. No exceptions.

As for your answer. . .

1. ) The practice of eating dogs don't just exist in China. It exists all over Asia. You just don't see it documented enough because it is rare for people to do it outside of China. Now, I ask you this: You are on a desert, With zero experience with hunting and no tools. Not only that, But you have your dog with you. You haven't ate in a long time. Would you eat your dog? I mean, You would have no choice because you will die if you don't eat. If you decide not to eat the dog and you die, The poor thing will be left alone in the desert and it will be highly unlikely that someone will find it. It will eventually die alone. What's worse, Dog getting eaten or dog having a long, Slow, And painful death out in the desert? I want you to think about this before you answer.
2. ) I said masterbate TO octopuses/squids. You know, That hentai bullsh#t? I'm not assuming you do, I'm just saying you are associated with them.
3. ) Again, I'm not assuming you do, I'm just saying that you are associated with them.

The reason I asked the questions in my last argument is because you ARE Asian, Since you live in Asia. I'm just asking how you feel about that. Just a fun and simple question, That's all. I REALLY DO want an answer to the dog question in #1, Though.

Hopefully you'll deliver in Round 3.
Percivil

Con

Argument 2:
In this argument, I"d like to draw everyones attention to the negative impacts on using hybrid cars.

For starters, I"d like to look at the process of charging the car. Just because you're plugging in your car to power it up doesn't mean you're automatically using clean energy. Different cities and states produce electric power through different energy sources. If your city's or state's power grid uses hydroelectricity, Then chances are you can feel pretty good about the environmental impact you're making with your hybrid. That said, In a study by Ohio State University, If your city's or state's power grid is fueled with coal or oil, You may end up emitting as much or more pollution as a traditional vehicle in order to power your car.

Another point I"d like to look at is that the hybrid cars aren't emission-free. It's true that hybrid cars reduce smog-forming emissions in the environment, But it may not be by as much as you think. A 2004 report by the Connecticut General Assembly stated that when comparing a traditional compact car to its hybrid counterpart, You can expect emissions to be reduced by approximately 10 percent. Greater reductions can be seen in hybrid SUVs, But the total effect of emissions reductions are between 10 and 15 percent. This is significant and helpful, But don't assume that just because you're purchasing a hybrid car you aren't still contributing to air pollution. If you have the opportunity to take public transportation, Ride a bike or walk around your city, You'll contribute much more to the environment than if you simply exchange your traditional car for a hybrid.

Now I"d like to compare the battery of an average car versus the battery of a hybrid. Traditional vehicles use lead-acid batteries and have long been a source of contention in the automotive industry. Lead is a toxic chemical that can be released into the environment, Causing long-term damage. Most hybrids use nickel-hydride and lithium-ion batteries thought to be better for the environment, But that may not entirely be true. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, Nickel is a probable human carcinogen, And improperly disposing of nickel-hydride batteries can pose an environmental hazard. Also, The website HybridCars, States that there are environmental concerns regarding the mining required to create these batteries.

The last point I"d like to state is that more heavy metals are used in the construction of an average hybrid car. In addition to the nickel used in some hybrid batteries, Hybrids use large amounts of copper in their electric drive motors and wiring. Like nickel, Copper must be mined and is mined either from open pits or underground mines in a way that can lead to further environmental degradation. The University of Illinois Urbana-Champagne's Illinois Sustainable Technology Center found that copper mining contributes to particulate air emissions of various metals and sulfuric acid. It is possible for mining companies to mitigate most of these emissions, But not all copper mines do. Open pit mining is also known as strip mining, And involves the stripping of surface grasses, Trees and dirt to unearth the deposits of minerals.

Source:https://greenliving. Lovetoknow. Com/Hybrid_Vehicles_Negative_Environmental_Impact

Rebuttals:
1. "make hybrid cars run on permanent resources. " Show me a link where it states a country is relying PURELY on clean energy and does not use the slightest bit of fossil fuels.

2. "They don't save the the environment NOW, But they CAN in the future. " Why is this so? Show me proof it can and proove my second argument wrong.

And for the record, I"m not going to answer your ridiculous question as it is not related to the debate.
Posted by asta 5 days ago
asta
I'll do my best on the big boy debate.
Posted by daddydrerek616 5 days ago
daddydrerek616
Let's go!
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 5 days ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
You working on our debate asta?
Posted by asta 5 days ago
asta
It depends on what percentage of hybrid cars have an owner who uses clean energy. Since hybrids are more rare then houses with clean energy, It is possible that most hybrid cars have owners who also own sources of clean energy. This percentage would help determine whether or not hybrid cars overall help the environment.

To answer your last question, I don't know.
Posted by Percivil 6 days ago
Percivil
@asta is that going on now?
Posted by Percivil 6 days ago
Percivil
Do they save the environment 100% is the question
Posted by BertrandsTeapot 6 days ago
BertrandsTeapot
What is you question? Do they save the environment? Or are they more energy efficient than some of the alternatives you named?
Posted by asta 6 days ago
asta
What if your individual hybrid car was powered by clean energy?