2beornot2be
nerdyprincess

Do middle School Students NEED RECESS?

2beornot2be has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

2beornot2be

Con

Middle School students have 60 minutes of PE. They would be better prepared for life or high school if they spent recess time in a trades class. art or technical class.
nerdyprincess

Pro

The most obvious reason that students NEED recess is that it provides opportunities for students maintain their physical health. Is all the other classes are important in lives but having a long life is just as important. If the students are really stuck in with their learning and don't want to waste the recess time, then they have all the right in the world to learn on their own at recess, but I believe the choice should be given to student who wish to use recess time differently.
Posted by 2beornot2be 2 weeks ago
2beornot2be
Do you think recess should be allowed in schools? In my opinion, recess should be allowed in schools. I am going to tell you why. Recess can give brain brakes, helps us getting physical, and helps retain new information. This is why recess is needed.

My first reason is that recess gives us brain breaks. What I mean by us is adults, kids, and teenagers. Yes, adults also need breaks just like students. Employees at Google, take breaks and play in the office"s lego station. According to scopes it says that "yet research shows that breaks can actually facilitate learning." This mean that breaks make learning easier.

My second reason is, recess helps us get physical. The American Association of Pediatrics recommends that kids spend at least sixty minutes per-day being physically active. According to scopes, it says "for middle schoolers who juggle extracurriculars, homeworks, and family obligations, it can be tough to carve out much time for exercise. Recess can help. Recess, shooting hoops, or simply walking, are all good for our health." This explains that breaks help teenagers get physical.

My third reason is that recess helps students remember information. According to scopes, it says, "moving from subject to subject without a break can overwhelm your brain and make it more difficult to retain new information." This explains that with recess, our brain takes a break and breaks make us students, learn easier.

According to TIME HEALTH it says, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that children participate in 60 minutes of "moderate to vigorous activity per day," and suggested that recess be part of that. "Recess is a necessary break in the day for optimizing a child"s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development," the AAP wrote in a 2013 policy statement. "In essence, recess should be considered a child"s personal time, and it should not be withheld for academic or punitive reasons."

In conclusion, this is why we need recess. R