pranavjoy
TheTraditionalist

Do movies have a negative impact on youngsters?

Started: 1/6/2013 Category: Arts

pranavjoy

Pro

I stand for the topic that movies do have a negative impact on youngsters. Movie is a very fast expanding source of media. Movies are intended to gain attention of a number of people and explain a particular story to them using motion picture. But a movie is not intended to create negative impact o any group of people. In the present day movies, people present socially explicable content. This creates a negative impact on youngsters and adults alike. This is bad as the youngsters believe that if the heroes and heroines whom they like and trust can do a particular thing such as smoking they can also do so. This is a very wrong notion and this should not be kept in mind as the film actors/actresses are just acting out their part and it is not necessary that they believe in what they do. Not only is that the present day movies use a very vulgar and rash language when the actors act out their part. Youngsters nowadays use such rash language after hearing this from movies. One must not use such language when speaking and should maintain our dignity. So finally I conclude by saying that one may watch movies to enrich our knowledge and skill but must not have to follow what is shown in the movies or films.
TheTraditionalist

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate; let's skip the formalities and just get to debating.

In this round my opponent moved to affirm the resolution that "...movies do have a negative impact on youngsters."
pranavjoy

Pro

pranavjoy forfeited this round.
TheTraditionalist

Con

Im going to post here what I posted in the comments section so that I am offering up a complete and undisjointed argument.

To support his claim my opponent offered up the argument that "Youngsters nowadays use such rash language after hearing this from movies. One must not use such language when speaking and should maintain our dignity." I take issue with this really being that negative an attribute, as language is very fluid, and constantly changes; there may very well come a day where the f-word is commonplace and caries no negative connotation and where words that are considered 'bad' today take on an entirely different meaning.

In addition, I would like to offer up the argument that movies can in a lot of instances have a very positive impact on youngsters; films can convey to children valuable messages like the importance of working hard, and the importance of empathy, and many strive to do just this.

On the balance, I would say that movies do not have a negative impact on children. Thank you.

pranavjoy

Pro

pranavjoy forfeited this round.
TheTraditionalist

Con

TheTraditionalist forfeited this round.
Posted by TheTraditionalist 4 years ago
TheTraditionalist
So, by accident I posted an incomplete argument. I will post the rest of my argument here in the comment section: