com211ncsu
tmhustler

Do people have an obligation to have their children tested for genetic disorders prior to birth?

Con Tied Pro

com211ncsu

Con

Down syndrome is a genetic condition that causes delays in physical and intellectual development. It occurs in approximately one in every 800 live births. Down syndrome is not related to race, nationality, religion or socioeconomic status. The most important fact to know about individuals with Down syndrome is that they are more like others than they are different; according to the National Association for Down Sydrome. Like down syndrome and many other disorders, it occurs more often in the world today. Today, women are getting these genetic testings to help prevent having children with disorders. The issue of being tested raises the fact that abortion is a choice but they are being used when the parent finds out the child has a disability. People do not have an obligation to have their child tested before birth. It is their choice. "Some religious conservatives say that they trust God to give them the child that is meant to be," wrote Ann Althouse, a law professor in Madison, Wis., who identifies herself as an abortion rights supporter on her legal blog. As I agree with her statement. I do not feel a test is needed because the child you receive is a gift from God. I feel that every child has a reason to be on this earth, "normal" or with a disorder.

http://www.nads.org...

http://www.nytimes.com...
tmhustler

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate.

Parents do have an obligation to there unborn children to have them tested for genetic disorders.
This is true for many reasons but perhaps most importantly so the parent could be better prepared to raise such children.
Raising children with illnesses like 'downs' can be very difficult for parents, this is why it is best to be as well prepared as early as possible. It is always better to prepared for a difficult situation than to have it be a surprise.
I must say I am very surprised that my opponent thinks it is better to go threw a pregnancy unprepared for such situations.
also I would like to as him to use quotes when he is copy and pasting from a source and to please use his own words not his sources. Thanks.
com211ncsu

Con

com211ncsu forfeited this round.
tmhustler

Pro

extend all arguments
com211ncsu

Con

com211ncsu forfeited this round.
tmhustler

Pro

extend arguments guess I win
Posted by tmhustler 7 years ago
tmhustler
hope this isn't another forfeit debate
Posted by tmhustler 7 years ago
tmhustler
I will be posting arguments tomorrow gl.
Posted by Chrysippus 7 years ago
Chrysippus
Refraining from pointing out the unjustified assumptions in this, or the format, or...

Three rounds, eh? Best of luck to the both of you...
Posted by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
I wouldn't call it a wall o' text. At most, it's just a big paragraph, I think.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Wall of text... but at least it's sourced.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
"Debate No: 9999"
Vote Placed by tmhustler 7 years ago
tmhustler
com211ncsutmhustlerTied