Debatwinnerpro
ArsalHashmi12345

Do people who don't believe in Christ go to hell(in Christianity)

ArsalHashmi12345 has forfeited round #2.

Debatwinnerpro

Con

I am a christian and i do not believe the doctrine that all people who don't believe in Christ go to heaven.
First round is acceptance, and name one scripture that proves you right.

Matthew 7: 17-23
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?' Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.'"

according to this verse believing is Jesus isn't the only qualification to go to heaven.
ArsalHashmi12345

Pro

First of all i am a muslim so i believe in Hazrat Eesa but i dont believe that christ is the son of god. First prove this!
Debatwinnerpro

Con

your a muslim, it would make no sense for you to debate me
Posted by missmedic 2 months ago
missmedic
The simple answer is no. Belief would have to be a choice and it is not. Only if we can be held morally responsible for our beliefs can disbelief be treated as a sin. It isn't possible to defend the idea of atheists going to hell unless they can be held morally accountable for their atheism.
Posted by Throwback 2 months ago
Throwback
Your position is unclear.
Posted by NDECD1441 2 months ago
NDECD1441
Is the motion believing in Jesus take you to heaven or not believing in him takes you to hell? These two are very different motions.
Posted by creationtruth 2 months ago
creationtruth
Are you arguing that unbelief alone does not determine one's damnation because belief itself is not the sole determinate factor of God's judgment of one's soul?
Posted by AshuraPaths 2 months ago
AshuraPaths
Yes. By denying Jesus Christ and your one and true lord and savior, you are committing the 'unforgivable' crime. Which is punishable by eternal life in hell.