AceBro
baus

Do police bring justice? And capitalism.

AceBro

AceBro

Con

What can i say?

Police...well...its their job to do what they do. They get money for it exactly the same way everyone else do. But...then why are they treated differently? Having the advantage of using batons, guns, tranquilizers that should normally be illegal to people because they are dangerous. Is it because they need to deal with people who break the law or do something wrong? It is not just them! People die everyday, what are police doing to do take the person to court? And then what? Prison? A person would not commit a crime without a reason. Even if they do not have a reason means that they need help. Does putting people in prison help them? No, it does not. Prison is like locking a person away from society, no actually let me rephrase myself, prison IS locking a person away from society. People will always suffer, its laws of nature it cant be stopped. It can be for whatever reason; murder, someones death, something or someones existence. Even people such as police who try to protects others bring misery. Police are not heroes neither are soldiers. They are people like you and me and being a police or a soldier is just people's career. They chose it. But i guess since no ones perfect, it does not matter what you are; police, soldier, government, president, king or queen. We are all human nothing special. We are all born, we all live and w all die.
baus

Pro

Police are punishing those who would punish the innocent far worse and kill the police if they weren't armed and ready to attack.

I shall now rebut Con:

"Police...well...its their job to do what they do."
Their job is to administer disciplinary justice. They do this indeed.

"They get money for it exactly the same way everyone else do."
Yes, they do.

" But...then why are they treated differently?"
They are not.

" Having the advantage of using batons, guns, tranquilizers that should normally be illegal to people because they are dangerous."
This is to counter the advantages that armed criminals have over unarmed and untrained citizens.

"Is it because they need to deal with people who break the law or do something wrong?"
They are not breaking the law, they are simply given less restrictions on their ability to carry weapons.

"It is not just them!"
It actually is them.

"People die everyday, what are police doing to do take the person to court? And then what? Prison?"
No, they are going to take them to jail. The rest is dealt with by the staff there.

"A person would not commit a crime without a reason."
I'm sure that if someone raped your wife they'd have good reason. Right?

"Does putting people in prison help them? No, it does not."
It's not supposed to help them, it's supposed to protect the citizens outside of it.

"Prison is like locking a person away from society, no actually let me rephrase myself, prison IS locking a person away from society."
Congratulations; you have made the discovery of the century!

"People will always suffer, its laws of nature it cant be stopped."
People will always have orgasms and other pleasurable experiences too, that's also a law of nature.

"Police are not heroes neither are soldiers."
Many people's lives have been saved by them. I'm pretty sure that's how we define a hero.

"They are people like you and me and being a police or a soldier is just people's career."
Correct!

"They chose it."
Defending free will, are you? Risky business!
AceBro

Con

Sorry I'm working all day so I won't be able to write a lot but let's make this short and simple.

"'But...then why are they treated differently?'
They are not."
Unfortunately it's psychologically proven that they are. Test were taken by psychologists and the results were that police are more trusted and people are more likely to open up to them. In any case, that's a good thing but it's also a sight that they are treated differently compared with if you would talk to another stranger who was not a police officer. Also your argument doesn't have reasoning.

"This is to counter the advantages that armed criminals have over unarmed and untrained citizens"
So ok I get your point but the police's job is to PROTECT lives and help people NOT injuring and killing them. There have been cases were people die in the hands of the police who are supposes to bring justice.

There was a case a couple of years back were an innocent passer by was beaten to the ground by a group of police and died week after because if internal bleeding. The police claimed it was a natural caused death for 5-3 years till finally the victims family won the court and the people in charge of the killing were fired, not put in prison or whatever just fired. The chief of their department apologised however, that won't brig back the innocent man who died. This is a true story I'm sure you will find it I you search it up. Sorry I should have a link for it but I don't.

"It actually is them"
No sorry to break it to you but ANYONE can help it doesn't necessarily have to be a police.

"If someone raped your wife"
I am talking about in general. And people don't need a good reason for rape it's simple, sexual desire.

"It's not suppose to hello them, it's suppose to protect the citizens outside of it"
Wrong. If you simply wanted to protect the people outside you could just simply kill the person. And anyway they let the people go after serving years in prison so how is this protecting the citizens?
Here's an example:
At school they give detention to students who misbehave so let's say a criminal is a student and gets detention. Next day they get another detention maybe because of not doing homework or whatever. But giving this student a detention is not going to make him/her misbehaving.

"Many peoples lives have been saved by them. I'm pretty sure that's how we define a hero."
True but many peoples lives have been lost because of them also you don't need to be a police or soldier to protect and save other peoples lives, anyone can do it if they want to.

"Defending free will, are you? Risky business"
I am sure most people are not forced to join things such as being a soldier because there are risks that they will die, if they join, there is a 95% chance that they wanted to do the job.

Things such as the police are also being controlled by the government so as long as the government says something the forces working under them must obey. That's why there are so many police around when there are protea or things like that. They are not there to protect people they are there to defend the higher ups of the country. This is obvious all it takes is to watch a protest video and you'll understand.

Of coarse this is my opinion no one is forced to believe it but it's all true.
baus

Pro

baus forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
AceBrobausTied
Reasons for voting decision: Baus got himself banned from this site, conduct in his opponent's favor.