The_Scottish_Debater
IceClimbers

Do private schools actually provide more than public sector schools

The_Scottish_Debater

The_Scottish_Debater

Pro

I currently attend a private school, before I went to a private school I attended 13 years of public sector nursery to high school. Many believe that private schools are no better than public sector schools, I am here to show that this accusation is actually un-true in most ways but not all. Private Schools and classes tend to be much smaller than Public sector schools. According to the National Center for Education Statistics study, private schools tend to be half as large as public schools. Many experts feel that children are less likely to get lost in the shuffle if they attend a smaller school, which naturally nurtures a sense of community and belonging. In addition, the teacher-student ratios in private schools tend to be more favorable, says the National Association for Independent Schools. On average, private schools have a student-teacher ratio of 9:1 as opposed to about 17:1 in public schools.
In private schools there is less distraction by other students who feel they do not need to work and can just live off the government after leaving school at the age of 16.
IceClimbers

Con

well i accept explain more
The_Scottish_Debater

Pro

Within Private schools you would have a higher chance of having access to a lot more equipment such as up-to-date Computers which would have the latest programs to help your understanding in specific fields that the school is focusing on.
Private schools curriculum is more advanced than normal public schools because Classes in the Public Sector are taught at a mid-learning level, which could cause more advanced learners to become bored and start to 'slack' in their classes because they think they know everything and don't bother to study for their exams and fail terribly. In America Public schools they are funded by the local Government, this would be because the tax payers money is going back into the Public Education. Now think about it, living in a Ghetto area would mean less tax money is being collected than other parts of the state or country, taking this in this would mean less money is being put into education, this would make textbooks out of date and the school to be run down with less qualified teachers and those who are qualified look for teaching jobs elsewhere were they would get less stress from trying to teach students who mostly dropout.
IceClimbers

Con

ill first start off with rebbuttals

Nice response, but there are many plublic schools and many private schools some school have up to date computers some do not but its doesn't matter about the computer itself it matters if the computer has good connection enough to get whatever information the student needs, believe it or not its not even safe for some students to be on computers all day anyway.http://www.pasadenaeye.com... this is an issue of this but is younger students will be able to learn how to afford this danger ? We do not want to keep having these programs only on computers anyway.

You Quoted: Private schools curriculum is more advanced than normal public schools because Classes in the Public Sector are taught at a mid-learning level
Yes this is true, but your you fail to realize that plublic sectors teach it all kinds of levels, they have advance levels, they have mid, the have below mid and then have lower leaning levels so plublic school have all division of level of learning.
Just like private school in all school they have kids who are advanced learners and become bored and start to 'slack' in their classes because they think they know everything and don't bother to study for their exams and fail terribly.
Although in the ghetto they have budget cuts doesn't mean that all school are outdated books,plublic schools learn just as much as a private school.

now i would plead my case
First i want to give you some sources from respected websites to see their views about private vs plublic school.
Source 1 : http://www.washingtonpost.com...
Source 2 : http://www.bostonglobe.com...
Source 3 : http://privateschool.about.com...

You can decide if you want to look at them or not its totally understandable if you do not want to look at them.

I assume your taking the reason of why kids in school drop out is because of plublic school and the lack of equipment and the claims of the textbooks being outdated.
Reasons of drop outs
1.pregnancy https://aclu-wa.org...
2.depression http://www.teenhelp.com... this can cause a lot of teens to drop out of school it has nothing to do with what school they go to
3.the lack of focus and worrying about other things then life besides education

now i will continue
although private schools have more bigger graduate ratio then plublic schools doesn't mean there education systems are better reason why i would say this.
1. private schools are very strict and most likely kick out the kids with bad behavior not giving them a lot of chances to be educated because they busy worried about their reputation of trying to have as many graduates as possible at the end of the year.
2. most kids who drop out of school would of drop out any school anyway
3. Kids who go to private schools are most likely will gradated from any school and leave with the same intelligence.
4. some kids who drop out simply just do not like school at all, what makes you think they would like a private school ???

now these are some other reason why all private schools are not better then plublic
1. the academic record can be meaningless
2. some private schools can have uncertified teachers http://privateschool.about.com...
3. it can be very pricey that causes some students not be able to attend and when they can do the school lose budget
http://www.moneysense.ca...

now ill explain the ghetto areas for you because this is based off my experience
1.In ghetto areas this can cause anger to some kids when parents force their kids to go to one, because they want to go to a plublic school
2.some of the kids act out because they are down the street from a plublic school and want to prove to them that they aren't just nerds
3.some private school will just pass on kids so they can have more guaduates and brag about it but of course they wont let the plublic eye know this.
4.Some parents cannot afford it
5. Some parents will send their bad kids to a private school which will cause corruption in some cases

My conclusion.
private schools and plublic schools have their advantages and disadvantages
private schools do not always mean better " Fact"
The_Scottish_Debater

Pro

Firstly, I don't know if you were doing it on purpose or what but you keep miss spelling " Public " by spelling " Plublic ".
Your Rebuttal was supposed to be in Round 3 not Round 2 as well.
Your Conclusion was supposed to be in Round 3 not Round 2 as well.
You have messed up the system by doing this...

Rebuttal:

I do not fail to realize that public schools have all types of levels, so do Private schools. Yet, Private Schools will always have a higher success rate in those levels because they are not influenced by " Class Clowns " which are mostly always in Public sector schools. Remember I was in Public schools for many years and even in the top classes there is always one who believes that joking around and disrupting time that you could be learning in.

"I assume your taking the reason of why kids in school drop out is because of plublic school and the lack of equipment and the claims of the textbooks being outdated."
Actually, my claim was
" Now think about it, living in a Ghetto area would mean less tax money is being collected than other parts of the state or country, taking this in this would mean less money is being put into education, this would make textbooks out of date and the school to be run down with less qualified teachers and those who are qualified look for teaching jobs elsewhere were they would get less stress from trying to teach students who mostly dropout. " You see at the end that is the only part of my whole entire argument that I mention " drop out ".

" private schools are very strict and most likely kick out the kids with bad behavior not giving them a lot of chances to be educated because they busy worried about their reputation of trying to have as many graduates as possible at the end of the year. " I'm sorry I just don't understand your point here, having students with bad behaviour being kicked is a benefit because they would be a distraction to other students in the classes. However, in Public school the children under 16 will not be kicked out of the school unless is very extreme, this would mean that other students would have to put up with that bad behaviour mostly every class they are in with him/her.

" 2. some private schools can have uncertified teachers http://privateschool.about.com...... "
" What a private school is really looking for are teachers who can teach. Research has shown that good teachers are professionals blessed with superb verbal abilities. Put another way, they know how to communicate their subject extremely well. That has little or nothing to do with certification. " That is a quote in the link you provided which proves that even if they are uncertified they are good at what they do.

Public School is for those who cannot afford Private school, but Private schools actually give out bursary's to students who are disabled or those who have potential and cannot afford to go into private school.
" it can be very pricey that causes some students not be able to attend and when they can do the school lose budget
http://www.moneysense.ca...... "

" now ill explain the ghetto areas for you because this is based off my experience
3.some private school will just pass on kids so they can have more graduates and brag about it but of course they wont let the plublic eye know this.
4.Some parents cannot afford it
5. Some parents will send their bad kids to a private school which will cause corruption in some cases "

Make this more clear I could barely understand what you are talking about, many students who believe they have potential to do good in life wouldn't turn that down just to go to a public school.

In conclusion, Private School gives a lot more advantages to students futures than Public. Even when trying to find a job attending a private school would benefit this as it would look better on your CV/Resume than attending public school and having the same grades.
IceClimbers

Con

lol sorry about the miss spelling.... well i couldn't care less about the system im just here to prove that private school isn't always better then public schools.... you should be talking about the topic and not how i debate as long as you can understand then you should be great.

First i just want to tell you you did not provide no evidence how private school provide more then public schools. No its not because of that, its because public school accept class clowns and 50 % of them drop out but that doesn't mean its a bad thing it just mean giving that child a chance not kick that child out you do not know what is personally going on in that child life, okay but your only going based on your experience of public school not worldwide not every public school is the same. (Facts)

This do not mean they have out dated text books tho did you know even some private school have outdated text books as well ? Did you know that some private school make class work easier purposely so people can pass on and get good grades ??? My sister went to a private school and my mom had to take her out of that because the work their was very simple and my mom put her back in public school, so private schools do not always mean its better or provide more educational stuff then public schools. I always want to get on some other areas as well, your only stated the ghetto parts of public and private schools when we suppose to be talking about all parts their are some public schools that are digital http://www.digitalpublicschools.org... in the process of working on other public schools as well http://www.publicschoolreview.com....

2. Its still not a good look they have uncertified teachers tho. Okay, but public schools has good teachers just like private schools teachers but a lot of them are uncertified in private schools.

3. You can understand, its very simply i explained this because you based your thoughts on your experience so i based it on my experience and sources which you have not done, believe it not some people would turn it down but you do not know that because you are close minded,and stereo type making assumptions.

My Conclusion on your arguments despite my bad grammar/spelling and how i did my rounds you did not provide me any evidence on why private school provide more sectors then public schools, your argument is just all based on your personal experience which will not be facts in this type of debate, some kids can work with public schools better some kids can work with private schools better (facts).
Posted by IceClimbers 2 years ago
IceClimbers
do i plead my case in the first round or just acceptance ?
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
I am interested in this but I agree that private school is much better. I went to private school from 1st to 12th grade and would not have changed anything, I was definitely ahead of friends that went to public school. The only downside is that my school did not offer as much since it was smaller: dual credit classes for example. But college was definitely a breeze for most of us in our class. There are reasons as well.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
The_Scottish_DebaterIceClimbersTied
Reasons for voting decision: con had terrible, terrible spelling, but other than that his argument was strong enough to block pro's arguments, but not yet push it over.