Zarina
michaeltaffe3

Do social networking and sites influence the person's life?

Zarina

Pro

Hello, everybody!
I have just created my debate topic firstly.
I want that social networks have been banned or closed. Person starts to forget about his real life. He isolate from all. Of course, you can kill your time with games or chatting, when you don"t know what to do or not have any works, you can say that "Oh, I will sit and spend my time in Internet just few minutes" and you not notice as will be held more than an hour. You are killing your time on stupid things, while you can develop yourself with reading a book or someting like that. It is easy way to talk in big distance, but how many suicides occurs nowadays because of Internet, how many cyber bullying. Maybe you think that it is just some situations which happen not with all people. People become acquainting, but do not get serious relationship.
michaeltaffe3

Con

Social Networking is a form of speech on the Internet. The first amendment (freedom of speech) states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for aredress of grievances. "

These sites are a form of expressing yourself and speaking, hence, the government cannot take this away from us. Not only is it a matter of the law, but it has a sentimental value. Many people have found long lost relatives over facebook, or connected with a lost friend. Social Networking has even helped people that are, "" socially awkward. It gives them a chance to branch out. And think of the people who are stuck in bed for life. They can get out and make some friends, or at least close to friends, who they can talk to.

Social Networking sites have so many possibilities. some people just look at the wrong side of it...
Zarina

Pro

It is a pleasure to debate with such a educated opponents as You. I understand that this topic about prohibition of Social networking is a very debatable today. Your position in this debate is clear. However, I found out your arguments are not appropriate in way:
1. You started your first argument with comparing social network and expressing yourself and speaking. BUT I had not even tried to ascribe political issue in chosen topic. The correlation of freedom of speech and social networking is making the mess. We could debate about it later.
2. I do not consider with You that prohibition the social networking by government is not correct. Although, social networking is bringing some "sentimental value", exclusion of social network will be only beneficial(all the benefits were mentioned in my first round) to the country and citizens. As you know it is the main job of government to make its citizens life more flourish.
3. To people who socially awkward social networking only aggravates this situation. Better to them find the way by face-to-face conversation than to make conversation with social network. If we look in the past, people who "stuck in the bed for life" were more adapted to society. The didn't have Internet.
4. The fact is Social Networking has a lot of wrong sides...Right?...
michaeltaffe3

Con

michaeltaffe3 forfeited this round.
Zarina

Pro

Every person look to Social Networking with affirmative side or nugatory side. all of us find in it pluses and minuses, but somebody who considers that Social Networking function in behalf of them. Finally, they notice in bad time to them that Social Networking is steals their real life and they lost so many happiness in their life.
michaeltaffe3

Con

michaeltaffe3 forfeited this round.